Rogaine foam (update, I gave it a shot) Growing hair again!

Cassin

Reaction score
cboy2000 said:
Why does the foam state it is not for the frontal hair line and only for the back vertex? Thnx for any info.

David

cboy2000

Welcome to the forums!

Because they only tested it on the vertex during the FDA trials. This was probably because it was cheaper and you tend to have better success on the back vs the front so they wanted to show the best results.

But I and many others can attest it does indeed work on the front. Not as well as I would have liked but I am satisfied.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: I just bought Rogaine foam

Cassin said:
I bought 3 months worth from a website. I will let you guys know how it works as I will give a full review after a few months.

Weird I had to buy it online, I went to 2 stores today and no luck. Probably to new.

does it have that greasy propelene glycol in it?

So who do u like Casin: Hughes oe Penn?

Cassin

Reaction score
Haven't tried it yet but everything I have read states near instant drying.

Hughes in 4, Submission.

But I think the best fight of the night will be David Loiseau and Mike Swick. I'll take Swick in 2, strikes.

Oi!

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin:

Aren’t you just a little bit curious about the foam?

Maybe you could try it once.

I couldn’t resist myself if I had it there sitting in a drawer.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
strat,
I am with you on this. I cannot buy a product and not use it.
I have rogaine foam now with me. I have stopped using Lee's 5% minoxidil, xandrox 15 and xandrox 12.5. Probably few hundred dollars of products down the drain.
(I am really bad and shouldn't be wasting money like this.)

Cassin

Reaction score
Alright I gave it a go since y'all were so curious. (I think y'all is proper English since it is so much better than you all or you guys and I am from Texas so get over it :))

When you press the button, just like a bottle of hair mousse, it ejects the product very fast so be careful. One quick press and the cap was half full as the directions state is the proper gauge application.

Holy Moly does this stuff melt fast on your fingers so it is a bit difficult to apply but one will probably get the hang of it after a few tries.

The product dries within a few seconds once applied to the skin. The total drying time seems to be about 5 minutes if you get some on the hair itself, you can tell if you run your fingers through your hair
*Dr Lees item #500 dries in total, about 15 minutes.
*Standard Minoxidil that you buy off the shelf is about 4 hours.

Smells like "Fresh Scent" , if you buy any soap, or a candle or whatever that is labeled "Fresh Scent", that is what this smells like. I like it.

I noticed a slight whitish residue on my hair, but I did get a lot of it in my hair since I was so sloppy not expecting the foam to melt so fast on my fingers. I doubt anyone will notice, I only noticed because I am over analyzing this. I have medium dark brown hair.

Hair is a little textured like I sprayed a very "light hold" hair spray on it. No big deal at all.

Overall, this is an awesome product. I hate knee jerking so much after one use but this stuff is amazing. Dr Lee finally has competition for a fast drying Minoxidil product. Simply amazing stuff. I think I could apply this product and within 30 seconds nobody would be able to tell I had it on my scalp.

Once I finish up my last 1/3 already opened bottle of Dr Less item # 500, I will use this stuff full time. That leaves me with 2 unopened bottles that I will hold on to in case I ever change my mind.

Really curious to see if this totally eliminates my irritation from Minoxidil, Dr Lees product #500 helped tremendously, but this may take care of the rest.

And for the 3 pm's I got asking where I bought it online, I got it from walgreens.com. I would much prefer to buy it at a grocery store and will once they carry it.

Cassin

Reaction score
techprof

I was looking at your photo album, if you don't mind a suggestion, I would cut the comb over. I looked at every picture twice and I think you have the right face for real short hair. I did my best to gauge what the rest of your face would look like below the picture but I think you would look better.

I hope you don't mind me saying so, I am just giving friendly advice and I assume your looking for it since you have the pics in your link.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cassin,
no problem. thanks for the honest answer. I stopped combover long time back. My first set of pictures were taken probably in June 2005. Stopped combover after that (after hearing from HairLossTalk.com members). My Jan 2006 pictures don't have combover I do believe I have improved slightly from 2005-2006.

I got an hair transplant in June 2006 and I don't do combover. However, some of the hairs tend fall towards one side unless I use a gel. After my hair transplant hairs go longer, I plan to use a #4 on the sides (can't go less than that because of the scar) and keep the top at #6.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
If you rinse your hands with cold water, doesn't it not melt in them? Is there any way that you can make less foam come out by pressing less hard? It's a bit concerning that it melts so quickly...

Well done on finally breaking lol

Cassin

Reaction score
chino20 said:
If you rinse your hands with cold water, doesn't it not melt in them? Is there any way that you can make less foam come out by pressing less hard? It's a bit concerning that it melts so quickly...

It's not that big of a deal at all, in fairness of a review I was trying hard to find everything I could wrong with the product.

BEHMESH

Established Member
Reaction score
The first time I used the foam, it melted. Ever since then, it has never melted for me again and I have no issues. I just rinse my hand with cold water, dry it and use it.

UnReal27

Reaction score
Is the application time less than using the old dropper? I know it takes me 15-20 mins with the stupid dropper.

beaner

Reaction score
UnReal27 said:
Is the application time less than using the old dropper? I know it takes me 15-20 mins with the stupid dropper.

May I ask about your application technique? I'm very curious because it take me about 30-60 seconds and really can't imagine why it would take anyone 15-20 minutes to apply minoxidil.

UnReal27

Reaction score
beaner said:
UnReal27 said:

May I ask about your application technique? I'm very curious because it take me about 30-60 seconds and really can't imagine why it would take anyone 15-20 minutes to apply minoxidil.

It's a pain because I'm a diffuse thinner so I have to apply it all over the top, crown and frontal areas. Also, I have a lot of hair (relatively!), so there's a lot of time involved in moving them to the side to ensure that the soln drops fall directly on the scalp. Then we have the most annoying part, where I use my fingers to rub the liquid into the surround scalp area. All in all, something I very much dread in the morning and evenings. Maybe this foam is the answer to my prayers

gambit420

Reaction score
UnReal27 said:
It's a pain because I'm a diffuse thinner so I have to apply it all over the top, crown and frontal areas. Also, I have a lot of hair (relatively!), so there's a lot of time involved in moving them to the side to ensure that the soln drops fall directly on the scalp. Then we have the most annoying part, where I use my fingers to rub the liquid into the surround scalp area. All in all, something I very much dread in the morning and evenings. Maybe this foam is the answer to my prayers

I've had to apply the foam the same way.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Really curious to see if this totally eliminates my irritation from Minoxidil, Dr Lees product #500 helped tremendously, but this may take care of the rest.
Hey dude, great overview. I have an awful irritation from minoxidil myself, but is this foam suppose to be better and not have the same stuff in it that makes your head have that irritation? I have like 9 months supply of the regular minoxidil but I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon here and trying this stuff too.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How does the foam have a better success percentage than the solution?? I asked this on another thread but i forgot which one