Rogaine Foam Hair Count Study Doesn't Look too Encouraging!

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gjp2222 said:
HT55 said:
That's funny because I used the liquid for a year right up until I tried the foam so the before pics is exactly what i got from the liquid and Propecia after one year, basically nothing. The after is foam and propecia for 10 months. I had the after pics taken in June and now my top is even thicker and the crown is totally filled in.

This statement is very hard to swallow, by any standards. You are one very unique individual.

Why ? If you don;t believe me contact MAtt Zupan or janna form SMG as they took all the pics.

Why in the world would you doubt me ?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
Do you think thats the finasteride starting to work after 12 months?

Highly unlikely but i guess it's possible that finasteride started to work at 14 months because I didn't see much of anything until 2 months on the foam.

JWM

Reaction score
Hmmm...I'm conflicted. Part of me wants to congratulate you, and the other part wants to hate you out of jealousy :)

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
Hmmm...I'm conflicted. Part of me wants to congratulate you, and the other part wants to hate you out of jealousy :)

Thanks, it is quite amazing becasue I walked into SMG 14 months ago looking fo a hair transplant and was quoted about 2K grafts. Most Dr's would have scheduled me that day but they encouraged me to try the foam with Propecia for a few months.

Thye not only saved me $$ and the pain of surgery and recovery but at age 40 I also have 4K grafts plus FUE still left.

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

Trying to make to make the switch from Foam (been applying since it came out and I have tons on hair on my hands every time I use it).

What should I use to decrease the irritation, if any, from standard liquid Minoxidil 5% (with propylene glycol)?

Emu Oil or Tricomin Follicle Spray?

absorber

Reaction score
I have been switched from liquid to foam and then foam to liquid, now I have to say liquid works much better than foam for me. I lost about 50-60 hair a day when I was on foam, after I switched to Rogaine Liquid I only lose 20-30 hair a day. And I only apply liquid once a day.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
absorber said:
I have been switched from liquid to foam and then foam to liquid, now I have to say liquid works much better than foam for me. I lost about 50-60 hair a day when I was on foam, after I switched to Rogaine Liquid I only lose 20-30 hair a day. And I only apply liquid once a day.

Not to sound rude, but its posts like this that really make me laugh. Honestly..how is it you think that you're able to properly estimate this type of number? You're saying you notice a difference of 30 hairs coming out of your head in a 24 hour period :roll:

And how many hairs fall out on average for a normal male as well? Google it.

klaus

Established Member
Reaction score
i tried foam 11 months, after using lotion in the last 10 years having good results
in rogaine foam the results disappointed me, my hairs thinning and i lost my time :thumbsdown:
now, im back to lotion, hope better days are coming

cheers, klaus BR

Reaction score
It is unfortunate that so many people have switched to foam only to lose much of the progress they had attained on the liquid. I believe the majority of the advertising Johnson and Johnson does pushing the foam is deceptive.

Matw

Reaction score
Damn, just saw this thread after doing some googling... So the liquid rogaine is actually more effective than the foam? Always thought it was the other way around. :dunno:

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I cant believe this...The liquid is better than the foam ? For me,the foam is much easier to apply and when it makes contact with your skin,it turns into liquid and absorbs faster.What about the studies that say it regrows in 85% of the users ? Why the f*** is it more expensive than the liquid then ?

Ok final call...Should I use the foam or liquid ?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I think that if you don't currently use either and you want to use the foam, then use the foam, you can always switch to liquid if you're not happy. If on liquid I'd stick with that.

Petchsky

Reaction score
And to add, it's more expensive because it's new... compared to liquid anyway.

MikieKots

Reaction score
By the way. Rogaine foam is probably
more expensive because it is
more in demand. I hate these large
companies because all they think
about is their bottm line. Also, I think
the foam packaging is more expensive to make as
well.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
I think that if you don't currently use either and you want to use the foam, then use the foam, you can always switch to liquid if you're not happy. If on liquid I'd stick with that.

Which one do you think is more effective ?

I have been using the liquid for two and a half months but decided to use the foam as its less greasy,absorbs faster,takes less time to apply it and my skin's condition has improved after using it[It might because my body is getting used to the stuff]

Its been only 3 weeks since I switched and I cant really say whether its working as effective as the liquid.I just started to get plenty of vellus hairs in the front using the liquid and so far I haven't noticed any difference.I never had much shedding while using both.