Rogaine Foam Hair Count Study Doesn't Look too Encouraging!

amsch

Reaction score
Timi said:
gjp2222 said:
Timi said:
Foam Morning
Kirkland evening

one helps :mrgreen:

Timi

I can guarantee you it's the liquid making the difference.

You mean liquid better??

Timi

Foxi/Timi, wenn du jetzt noch einmal auf den minoxidil Zug springst, kann ich dir garantieren dass dich ABSOLUT KEINER mehr ernst nehmen wird.

T

Timi

aufspringen??
bin noch gar nicht abgesprungen

hab ich doch gesagt das mein Dermatologe meint ja nicht aufhören
meine GHE sind total überzogen mit kleinen Minihäärchen

und seit dutasteride Stop ist dieser rundum HA vorbei
und wenn ich 5x am Tag minoxidil drauf haue

das Probelm momentan ewig tränende Augen und Gesicht aufgedunsener
hab aber mit der Anwendung ziemlich übertrieben in letzter Zeit
Hop oder Top

Timi

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
gjp2222 said:
Timi said:
Foam Morning
Kirkland evening

one helps :mrgreen:

Timi

I can guarantee you it's the liquid making the difference.

You mean liquid better??

Timi

Absolutely! Haven't you read the clinical trials, its been proven.

beaner

Reaction score
gjp2222 said:

Nothing has been proven----comparing the results of two unrelated studies (one containing a liquid vehicle that is unknown if even identical to the commercial product) is hardly scientific.

There are folks here having superior results with the foam.

T

Timi

i have read
Foam success 85%
Liquid 55%

and you mean liquid is better???

Timi

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
i have read
Foam success 85%
Liquid 55%

and you mean liquid is better???

Timi

Show me a clinical trial that states these numbers please. Not Rogaine Foam ads.

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
gjp2222 said:

Nothing has been proven----comparing the results of two unrelated studies (one containing a liquid vehicle that is unknown if even identical to the commercial product) is hardly scientific.

First, the word of someone who publishes a testimonial on the web is worthless, you should know this. The entire web is filled with individuals paid to push products, whether you realize it or not. If you were to take these statements as truth you will be broke buying snake oil.

The only valid proof is clinical trials published by third parties. There are numerous trials published that fall within this criteria, I suggest you read them. Bryan has published a number of them on this site for your convenience.

If you wish to use the foam be my guest, its your head, but please do not make a statement that it is superior unless you have the data to support it.

I will respond further if you produce valid clinical trials, if you offer anecdotal evidence there would be no point in further discussion. Thank you.

beaner

Reaction score
gjp2222 said:
beaner said:
gjp2222 said:

First, the word of someone who publishes a testimonial on the web is worthless, you should know this. The entire web is filled with individuals paid to push products, whether you realize it or not. If you were to take these statements as truth you will be broke buying snake oil.

The only valid proof is clinical trials published by third parties. There are numerous trials published that fall within this criteria, I suggest you read them. Bryan has published a number of them on this site for your convenience.

If you wish to use the foam be my guest, its your head, but please do not make a statement that it is superior unless you have the data to support it.

I will respond further if you produce valid clinical trials, if you offer anecdotal evidence there would be no point in further discussion. Thank you.

Ummm- I never said it was superior, I said there are folks here having superior results with it incuding myself. There are plenty of pictures in our success stories forum showing terrific regrowth with the foam.

You have provided no clinical evidence that the liquid is superior with your 7 posts. Unless you can provide a clinical study directly comparing the results of both products in their commercial form there is no concrete evidence other than antecdotal to support either side---and for every poster stating that they have had better success with the liquid there is a poster stating the opposite.

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I anticipated, heresay and insinuations, the BS that is so prevalent on the web.

jcosta

Reaction score
I don't have any clinical trials and I'm not trying to dispute with anyone, but foam has worked for me including .25 Fincar, and 1% nizoral (2-3 times a week). I just have the evidence that I've seen on my head and that's enough for me.

The bald spot on the back of my head has filled up some but not enough to brag about. I've seen most of my improvement on the top of my head to the frontal hairline area where my hairloss wasn't as bad.

I know what works (for me) and what doesn't. I used the laser comb for 8 months and saw no improvement. Needless to say, I returned it promptly. I was also suckered in to using Avacor and I might as well have been putting plain water on my head.

The big 3 has worked for me thanks to the advice from many of the members here. I tried all 3 at once rather than a gradual progression to each product. Although, I am open to using liquid minoxidil at night to see if that improves my results.

I'm curious as to whether anyone here has used foam in the morning and liquid at night and have noticed improved or reduced results. Thanks.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
To get rid of my foam I have started apply it in the middle of the day. I know have 3 applications. Hairmuck morning and night and foam mid afternoon. I also add Aloe Juice from time to time to lessen any irritation of the scalp.

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
To get rid of my foam I have started apply it in the middle of the day. I know have 3 applications. Hairmuck morning and night and foam mid afternoon. I also add Aloe Juice from time to time to lessen any irritation of the scalp.

Sounds like a good plan, you might even get some additional growth from 3 applications.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used the Rogaine foam twice a day religiously on my temples and crown for 11 months two years ago when it first came out. I applied a full cap twice a day and had no results and some gradual thinning. I am now on Xandrox 15% for the past 6 months and now know what is feels and looks like to have your hair growing again. ... you're all a bunch of dickheads by the way and a few of you even cross the border for *** clowns. ... wait wait don't get all angry just yet. Reguardless I love most of you like my children and think we should all build a Rockstar Jesus out of modling clay with long long flowing blonde hair, peircing blue blue eyes, blinding white teeth, clean shaved face, soft invinting eyebrows, slope scuptured nose with perfect symmetry and chisled abs.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure i'll get any benefit from the foam (3rd) application, but i'd rather have it on my head than in the bin.

I have the abs, its just the hair that I can't get and I work harder on it than I do in the gym. :)

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Was just about to start the Foam aswell. Think I'll order the liquid now, and get rid of the foam.

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
Smart choice, you may have saved yourself months of wasted effort and potentially the loss of more hair.

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
I used the Rogaine foam twice a day religiously on my temples and crown for 11 months two years ago when it first came out. I applied a full cap twice a day and had no results and some gradual thinning. I am now on Xandrox 15% for the past 6 months and now know what is feels and looks like to have your hair growing again.

This is an all too common complaint of many minoxidil users, no results or even worse, additional hair loss.

KielMcK said:
... you're all a bunch of dickheads by the way and a few of you even cross the border for *** clowns. ... wait wait don't get all angry just yet. Reguardless I love most of you like my children and think we should all build a Rockstar Jesus out of modling clay with long long flowing blonde hair, peircing blue blue eyes, blinding white teeth, clean shaved face, soft invinting eyebrows, slope scuptured nose with perfect symmetry and chisled abs.

I think perhaps you should cut back slightly on your applications of the 15% Xandrox, there seems to be a bit much systematic absorption, if you know what I mean :punk:

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
something feels fishy about this, i think we need to hear more about those who have had great success on the foam, because I've seem a few people get good results from it on this forum