Rogaine Foam Hair Count Study Doesn't Look too Encouraging!

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know the same thing, JWM. It seems odd that this would be the case since the active ingredient is the same. It was my understanding that the delivery medium (foam) made it more effective. Is this correct? I'm a little different in my thinking because I usually look at the active ingredient. Since they're the same I went with the foam because of the claims of the company and also I use it as a replacement for mousse/gel. It's great for styling hair and when you brush it out it makes your hair look fuller. Smells good too!

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn, well this certainly sucks. Ive been using foam for about a year and a half and have seen some results but nothing compared to what I had hoped for.
Do you reckon switching to the liquid would be of any benefit? Or would changing treatments like that have an adverse effect on the hair already grown from the foam?

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
Damn, well this certainly sucks. Ive been using foam for about a year and a half and have seen some results but nothing compared to what I had hoped for.
Do you reckon switching to the liquid would be of any benefit? Or would changing treatments like that have an adverse effect on the hair already grown from the foam?
What are the "some results"?

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
my hunch is that the liquid is better because a liquid has more of a chance at penetrating the skin, i see the foam getting most of the minoxidil stuck in the hair.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tgates209 said:
haunted-ballroom said:
What are the "some results"?

I have grown a small amount of hair along the hairline. Nothing to get excited over, it dosnt make much of a difference in reality.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok i have been using minoxidil for two months now....

first month i used the foam and i know its only a month but i felt it would dry really quickly and i dont think it did much....

second month, i started using minoxidil solution (kirkland), it takes about 30 minutes to dry and i am seeing lots of little hair since using that... also it makes my hair look thicker once its dry!

anyway someone need to confirm this data cause i m not going back to the foam if this is all true....

people at pfizer should be shot :firing:

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
mj9 said:

first month i used the foam and i know its only a month but i felt it would dry really quickly and i dont think it did much....

second month, i started using minoxidil solution (kirkland), it takes about 30 minutes to dry and i am seeing lots of little hair since using that... also it makes my hair look thicker once its dry!

anyway someone need to confirm this data cause i m not going back to the foam if this is all true....

Isn't the active ingredient minoxidil? How do you know the new growth wouldn't have been achieved if you stayed with the foam?

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
I can tell you from personal experience having used both, the liquid is far more effective than foam. I nearly lost all my gain over a period of time when I switched from liquid to foam since it was much more convenient. Big Mistake!!! Now I have it all back again since I went back to the liquid, thank God!

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
gjp2222 said:
I can tell you from personal experience having used both, the liquid is far more effective than foam. I nearly lost all my gain over a period of time when I switched from liquid to foam since it was much more convenient. Big Mistake!!! Now I have it all back again since I went back to the liquid, thank God!

Thats pretty much what happened to me.

FreeloaderUK

Established Member
Reaction score
u can always try it I guess. ive got foam & liquid but ill stick to liquid for now. i bought the foam thinking it would be better but now im not sure.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tgates209 said:
mj9 said:

Isn't the active ingredient minoxidil? How do you know the new growth wouldn't have been achieved if you stayed with the foam?

to be honest i switched to liquid because i wanted to create my own topical finasteride mixed into minoxidil.... i am glad i switched.... also i have 4 month supply of minoxidil foam and my liquid is running out.... what are we supposed to do with our minoxidil foam - burn them?!

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone out there using minoxidil foam had great results?

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 months of foam left. I am contemplating using it around mid day. I know 3 applications isn't needed, but I can't see it doing any harm. Also I read somewhere that having 3 applications of 5% would have a similar effect to applying the Dr Lee's 15%. However, there doesn't seem to be many that believe the 15% MIN is any better than 5%. I'm not sure what to say....

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
FreeloaderUK said:
well ive got a big pile of foam i dont know what to do with.

Sell it on eBay, plenty of suckers there! :agree:

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
Foam Morning
Kirkland evening

one helps :mrgreen:

Timi

I can guarantee you it's the liquid making the difference.