Rogaine Foam Hair Count Study Doesn't Look too Encouraging!

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
I tossed mine in the garbage. I switched over to foam for a year after being on the liquid for many years, I ended up losing all my gains, ended up very thin. I switched back to liquid and have regained almost all of it back. Didn't work for me.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
gjp2222-

Just curious to how long you were on the foam and also after you dumped the foam and switched back to the liquid how long was it before it started thickening back up again???? Did it just take a couple months or did it take a long time? Also, did have a shed when switching back to the liquid???

Thanks

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
lucy923 said:
gjp2222-

Just curious to how long you were on the foam and also after you dumped the foam and switched back to the liquid how long was it before it started thickening back up again???? Did it just take a couple months or did it take a long time? Also, did have a shed when switching back to the liquid???

Thanks
I was on the foam for 13 months, after being on the liquid for years. I had an initial shed when I started the foam and thought that was a good sign of more growth to come, but I continued to shed for almost a year with no new growth. I went back on the liquid and in about 2 months things started turning around. It been about a year now and I pretty much have it all back, didn't have a shed this time around.

menace

Reaction score
i've had great results with the foam. i started with the liquid for about a month, but rapidly switched over to foam. been on it about a year.

even if there were a slim chance that liquid rogaine was more effective, i cant live every day with that greasy crap sitting on my scalp, stinking and making my hair look terrible. even putting it on before bed is going to get the stuff all over your pillow.

the foam dries very quick, is easy to use, smells good, and allows me to go on with my day. its given me good results, so i'm sticking with it.

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree the liquid is irritating, it is certainly greasy but it doesnt stink. If the foam works for you then good news!

I'm seeing great results with liquid minoxidil that has a bit of finasteride in.

This study makes me wonder if the reason i got no noticeable results first time i used minoxidil was due to it being the foam!!

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stick with the liquid!

JWM

Reaction score
Wow!!! Great job HT55! So you have used nothing else but Foam, Proscar, and nizoral?

What is your particular method for applying the foam?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
Wow!!! Great job HT55! So you have used nothing else but Foam, Proscar, and nizoral?

What is your particular method for applying the foam?

I use a bottle of foam approx every 13 days. I use it twice a day from hairline to crown. I just put on what I need to cover the entire area and rub it in a little and let it dry.

Now that my hair has filled in so much I try to mess it up an uncover the thinner areas to get the foam more concentrated there.

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
stjimmy said:
something feels fishy about this, i think we need to hear more about those who have had great success on the foam, because I've seem a few people get good results from it on this forum

Foam/nizoral 2%/1.25 generic proscar/day

http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc340/mikeb5555/

Very nice progress! Imagine how your hair would look like if you had used the liquid.

BTW...Don't look for too many success stories using the foam, there aren't many.

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
Calling it, as it is. Hair count studies prove the liquid grows more hair than foam.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gjp2222 said:
Very nice progress! Imagine how your hair would look like if you had used the liquid.

BTW...Don't look for too many success stories using the foam, there aren't many.

That's funny because I used the liquid for a year right up until I tried the foam so the before pics is exactly what i got from the liquid and Propecia after one year, basically nothing. The after is foam and propecia for 10 months. I had the after pics taken in June and now my top is even thicker and the crown is totally filled in.

Many people are getting great results from Foam and Propecia who tried liquid and Propecia with not much luck. Get in touch with Janna from SMG as she has many photos and stories.

I started only using foam in the crown and then slowly but surely began using it all over my head and I got regrowth in the hairline that I know is from the foam because when I put it on I always get some on my forehead and every 2 weeks I have to pluck out new hairs that are coming in about 1/4 in below my hairline.

One thing i should add is I use about double the reccomended dose and go through a can ~ every 13 days. No way could I ever cover my head with the recomended dose so if youa re getting 30 days from a can of foam I wonder if you are using enough.

Anyway it obviously works for me so......

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
According to the one study?

That "one" study was the Phase III trial held by Johnson and Johnson for FDA drug approval. If you have more data please present it for consideration.

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
gjp2222 said:

That's funny because I used the liquid for a year right up until I tried the foam so the before pics is exactly what i got from the liquid and Propecia after one year, basically nothing. The after is foam and propecia for 10 months. I had the after pics taken in June and now my top is even thicker and the crown is totally filled in.

Many people are getting great results from Foam and Propecia who tried liquid and Propecia with not much luck. Get in touch with Janna from SMG as she has many photos and stories.

I started only using foam in the crown and then slowly but surely began using it all over my head and I got regrowth in the hairline that I know is from the foam because when I put it on I always get some on my forehead and every 2 weeks I have to pluck out new hairs that are coming in about 1/4 in below my hairline.

One thing i should add is I use about double the reccomended dose and go through a can ~ every 13 days. No way could I ever cover my head with the recomended dose so if youa re getting 30 days from a can of foam I wonder if you are using enough.

Anyway it obviously works for me so......

"IF" your story is true, then you are obviously an exception to the rule. Be thankful you responded so well to the foam, the scientific data says otherwise.

gjp2222

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:

This statement is very hard to swallow, by any standards. You are one very unique individual.