RIKEN Announcement: Succeeded in Developing Tech for HF Regenerative Medicine: Study to be Published Feb 10

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this as being the cure.

The cure, if it ever comes, will be either

a) CRISPR gene editing to deactivate the genetic trigger that causes male pattern baldness.

b) A localized, DHT inhibiting topical that binds only to the uppermost layer of the scalp, targeting only the hair follicle. This taken early enough will be good enough, and any loss until then can be filled in with an FUE transplant.
it wouldn't be a genetic cure, but it would effectively be a cosmetic cure

whatintheworld

Reaction score
it wouldn't be a genetic cure, but it would effectively be a cosmetic cure
I agree, but I think the science is still too unproven, and the human organism too complex, to be safe long term.

I will need to do more research and studying to become more informed about the risks.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

a) CRISPR gene editing to deactivate the genetic trigger that causes male pattern baldness.

b) A localized, DHT inhibiting topical that binds only to the uppermost layer of the scalp, targeting only the hair follicle. This taken early enough will be good enough, and any loss until then can be filled in with an FUE transplant.
those arent trues cures to alopecia in my opinion. what about AA, traction alopecia, loss of hair from aging etc.. those also have a chance of other large side effects.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

These are true cures, but even these couldn't help a fully bald person regain their hair. In the same way that you could cure cancer by preventing it, that wouldn't cure the cancer in the person who already has it in their body. Hair cloning is a true all encompassing cure, as both men and women who have been effected by almost any type of hairloss could theoretically use this if they first addressed the underlying.

The only downfall of true hair cloning would be similar to that of hair transplants, where you are at the mercy of your surgeon's skill level. Poor technique will likely still yield unnatural results even with full or near full density.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
"You might as well say we are cured if you have the money."

Wow, speculation is running wild haha. The Tsuji hype went from zero to 100 with just some tweets. I wish that were the case and they were going to announce they have the cure steady and ready though.
Says pig man stemson fan boy

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair cloning is a true all encompassing cure, as both men and women who have been effected by almost any type of hairloss could theoretically use this if they first addressed the underlying.
Yeah and thats why I'm wondering, if hair cloning is REALLY effective for Androgenic Alopecia!? As you can't really take away the underlying issue... or well, block all androgens and you're good to go lol.

sevenseers

Reaction score
damn i cant help but be really hyped. on top of BTC launching to new highs a cure for hairloss potentially in the works. please dont let me down hair gods

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no cure for women growing hair on their legs. Only "treatments". Yet women don't all sound all frustrated and hopeless about the problem.

We don't need a "cure" for male-pattern loss. We just need a decent treatment method. All the existing options are terrible in the big picture.

Last edited:

Throwaway99

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no cure for women growing hair on their legs. Only "treatments". Yet women don't all sound all frustrated and hopeless about the problem.

We don't need a "cure" for male-pattern loss. We just need a decent treatment method. All the existing options are shitty in the big picture.
False equivalency.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score

We don't need a "cure" for male-pattern loss. We just need a decent treatment method. All the existing options are shitty in the big picture.
Sorry, what? I can't understand this post lol

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
A cosmetical cure would literally be having a transplant with insensitive follicles, so the transplant will last FOR EVER. From NW7 to great, dense, NW1/0.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

We don't need a "cure" for male-pattern loss. We just need a decent treatment method. All the existing options are terrible in the big picture.
Growing hair on your legs is nog a disease :) Nobody is looking for a “cure”.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
97B9AC81-3E31-4C9A-AC13-4ADE609993F6.jpeg

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Released at 19:00 on February 10: #Successful #amplification and #identification of #stem cells that enable periodic #hair follicle regeneration

Doesn't tell us much...