RIKEN Announcement: Succeeded in Developing Tech for HF Regenerative Medicine: Study to be Published Feb 10

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
No dont get your hopes up. ._.

People here are really naive... man.
Somebody somewhere was about to commit suicide over his hair loss until he saw the news and got hope. Hope is good. Don't expect to be able to go get a full head of hair tomorrow, but it's ok for people to believe that they won't have to die bald.

T minus 11.5 hours. In less than half a day we will have the results

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
What reason do you have not to believe them? The deliver on their promise. It’s only 2 months after their 2020 promise and we had a 1 year pandemic almost
Probably because the cosmetic industry (and hair loss specifically) is full of dramatic failures and hype rather then a single big success lol. You need to remember that no matter what the outcome of their trials, they need to generate hype to keep commercial interest in their product alive. That's why we have companies like Casseopia hyping up 1 year results of barley baseline as the next big treatment.

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably because the cosmetic industry (and hair loss specifically) is full of dramatic failures and hype rather then a single big success lol. You need to remember that no matter what the outcome of their trials, they need to generate hype to keep commercial interest in their product alive. That's why we have companies like Casseopia hyping up 1 year results of barley baseline as the next big treatment.
Riken is not exactly cosmetic company you know.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys from slybaldguys are about to reveal that they've been coping all this time when they suddenly stop shaving it bro and have a full head of hair. Joe Rogan comes to mind. After all his criticisms of people not accepting their baldness I'm going to laugh so hard when he gets this done.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
imagine how much japan would make from medical tourism from this kind of treatment. These regulations will help them make a lot of money
They will literally become the next gen country in terms of economy lol. Medical regenerative medicine will be their new aim, which is amazing ngl

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
They will literally become the next gen country in terms of economy lol. Medical regenerative medicine will be their new aim, which is amazing ngl
Hundreds of billions flowing into their economy from all around the world because Americans are a bunch of sissies beholden to the pharmaceutical lobby.

Edit: They've been trying hard to get Japan to repeal their stem cell laws with the excuse that one person died. What is one life compared to the number of lives that will be saved by advancing regenerative medicine? I don't see any lobbyists saying we should abandon the covid vaccine because someone died from it.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hundreds of billions flowing into their economy from all around the world because Americans are a bunch of sissies beholden to the pharmaceutical lobby.

Edit: They've been trying hard to get Japan to repeal their stem cell laws with the excuse that one person died. What is one life compared to the number of lives that will be saved by advancing regenerative medicine? I don't see any lobbyists saying we should abandon the covid vaccine because someone died from it.
Oh, I hope they won't get changed. :(

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys from slybaldguys are about to reveal that they've been coping all this time when they suddenly stop shaving it bro and have a full head of hair. Joe Rogan comes to mind. After all his criticisms of people not accepting their baldness I'm going to laugh so hard when he gets this done.
Joe Rogan used this site until 2012 or something.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What is your opinion on the covid vaccin? Are you going to take it?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
My sister already took it, got some nasty side effects for the first weeks, yep. She does good now. The vaccine is needed in the end, you will be restricted in anything if you dont have it. So its a must.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Admittedly, the cancer angle is a concern. How many years of trials would be sufficient to reassure people about that?

You would hate to see that downplayed only to see some unfortunate occurrences down the road.

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know which type of cancer? If i get prostate cancer, it would be great excuse to get bicalutamide for free from healthcare.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I hope they won't get changed. :(
They won't. America and Europe want them to, but there isn't much support in Japan for changing them. Other countries like India are actually following their lead.
I don't want to turn this thread into a vaccine debate, but I think it's safe for the most part even though I'd like to see a longer history before getting it myself.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this as being the cure.

The cure, if it ever comes, will be either

a) CRISPR gene editing to deactivate the genetic trigger that causes male pattern baldness.

b) A localized, DHT inhibiting topical that binds only to the uppermost layer of the scalp, targeting only the hair follicle. This taken early enough will be good enough, and any loss until then can be filled in with an FUE transplant.