RIKEN Announcement: Succeeded in Developing Tech for HF Regenerative Medicine: Study to be Published Feb 10

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
pegasus2 said:

Occipital hair has less AR, 5-ar, and more aromatase. Your Tsuji hair will be lustrous, but not subject to balding
Have you any reference in persons with healthy hairs?

Don´t woory Pegasus, there is not any paper regarding different 5-AR and aromatase in healthy persons (no alopecia) in different zones of scalp

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you any reference in persons with healthy hairs?

Don´t woory Pegasus, there is not any paper regarding different 5-AR and aromatase in healthy persons (no alopecia) in different zones of scalp
Yes there is. Feel free to pm, but I want to keep this very important thread on topic.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, don't forget this is Japan we are talking about. They approved a spinal cord stem cell treatment after a single trial with 13 people, and government health insurance covers it. This procedure is on par with that, but oddly the requirements to commercialize it are actually lower despite being a cosmetic because they won't be seeking to get it covered by insurance. This thing is likely going to be available within a few years, albeit at a high price.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems the article in the tweet is from Jan 2020. They actually could have done human phase 1/2 in that time,
Didn't look at the date sorry bro, thx. If there are results and those already known by the invited newspapers etc. it could be that tomorrow a big show is underway and "astonishing" results could go wild all over. At least they know how to get done things quiet and how to prepare publicity for announcements.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, don't forget this is Japan we are talking about. They approved a spinal cord stem cell treatment after a single trial with 13 people, and government health insurance covers it. This procedure is on par with that, but oddly the requirements to commercialize it are actually lower despite being a cosmetic because they won't be seeking to get it covered by insurance. This thing is likely going to be available within a few years, albeit at a high price.
The procedure from a tooth perspective can be some-what similar health wise to non-cosmetic procedures. The ability to regrow teeth would be a pretty revolutionary health break through.

sevenseers

Reaction score
The procedure from a tooth perspective can be some-what similar health wise to non-cosmetic procedures. The ability to regrow teeth would be a pretty revolutionary health break through.
if I recall correctly I think that teeth and hair are quite similar in many respects, and I think tsuji has always been vocal about hair and teeth being simply the first steps on the way to more complicated organ regeneration, where the stakes are obviously much higher

Superman H_M

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is the difference ?
chrome_mbDWyP0X69.png

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI

A native Japanese speaker said that the google translated version is off.

Apparently it says;

we have been successful.... results will be posted on 10th Feb...
I think the issue is more of what that success is, pre-clinical or clinical. If it's human trials then obviously it's big news.

Hlbgone

My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI

Apparently it says;

I'm really trying to be as balanced as possible so I will take your words with a grain of salt. The amount of times the hype has gotten to me only to be let down. I just can't let it happen again.

Also what is the measure of success? Is it a few hairs grown in mice or humans? I guess we will have to wait for tomorrow.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
raptor-dj-gif.gif

(hope you're right you bastard)

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI

Apparently it says;

Yes, they talk about results/outcome. But it was correctly translated by Google.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crossing my fingers really hard but lets not get too ahead of ourselves! Would rather be a little disappointed than very disappointed.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm really trying to be as balanced as possible so I will take your words with a grain of salt. The amount of times the hype has gotten to me only to be let down. I just can't let it happen again.
It is too late for that, I will crash harder than the economy last year lol