RIKEN Announcement: Succeeded in Developing Tech for HF Regenerative Medicine: Study to be Published Feb 10

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it costs 380k, I might end up being even sadder.
Expect to to be very highly priced if this is actually a "cure" for those already bald. Rich bald guys will be lined up for years to get this done, similar to top hair transplant surgeons now are booked 3-4 years out. Normies wont have access to this for several years after commercialization unless they had some plan in place to license this technology out to global hair transplant surgeons, because I suspect the transplant industry in it's current form would die pretty quickly if some surgeons got their hands on this type of procedure. Why would anyone have surgery to move hair when you could wait a year or two and get full density?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Expect to to be very highly priced if this is actually a "cure" for those already bald. Rich bald guys will be lined up for years to get this done, similar to top hair transplant surgeons now are booked 3-4 years out. Normies wont have access to this for several years after commercialization unless they had some plan in place to license this technology out to global hair transplant surgeons, because I suspect the transplant industry in it's current form would die pretty quickly if some surgeons got their hands on this type of procedure.

Time to start saving up fellas.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you any reference in persons with healthy hairs?
will the cultured hairs have synchronous hair cycling or will it be really different than pre balding hairs?
Expect to to be very highly priced if this is actually a "cure" for those already bald. Rich bald guys will be lined up for years to get this done, similar to top hair transplant surgeons now are booked 3-4 years out. Normies wont have access to this for several years after commercialization unless they had some plan in place to license this technology out to global hair transplant surgeons, because I suspect the transplant industry in it's current form would die pretty quickly if some surgeons got their hands on this type of procedure. Why would anyone have surgery to move hair when you could wait a year or two and get full density?
you wont see extensive line ups because he will partner with clinics in japan

sevenseers

Reaction score
im sure they would expand to other countries, but releasing such a treatment in europe or US would def need to wait for at least another (phase III) trial which new japanese regulations allow to be done while the product is on the market. time to plan vacation to japan

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
im sure they would expand to other countries, but releasing such a treatment in europe or US would def need to wait for at least another (phase III) trial which new japanese regulations allow to be done while the product is on the market. time to plan vacation to japan
Has there even been a phase 1 trial for this, anywhere? I don't understand how we are talking about commercialization when they have 0 human data published. Unless they are about to report the results of a combined phase 1/2 trial then I fail to see where the hype is coming from.

Proof of concept is great, don't get me wrong, but we are literally talking about "organ" cloning here. This isn't going to be commercialized the day after pre-clinical study results.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
can someone translate the new tweets made from their twitter?

"Good news for thin-haired men. Clinical research to revive bushy hair using regenerative medicine technology will soon begin."

Ie no human data, ie nothing to get overly excited about yet. Clearly this is a huge step forward but they don't have ANY human trial data yet, it seems. Could be huge in 3-5 years, of course.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Good news for thin-haired men. Clinical research to revive bushy hair using regenerative medicine technology will soon begin."

Ie no human data, ie nothing to get overly excited about yet. Clearly this is a huge step forward but they don't have ANY human trial data yet, it seems. Could be huge in 3-5 years, of course.
Bro, what? That’s not what it says. The article they shared is 1 year old.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's about dental regeneration AND hairregeneration. "Cellbased regeneration therapies"

Edit: Trials will start soon, hope not mice again... hype train bye bye
Seems the article in the tweet is from Jan 2020. They actually could have done human phase 1/2 in that time,

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow it is lol. I thought it was January 10th 2021, but it's 2020. I took that line from the intro paragraph of the article itself, not the tweet. So we could be getting human data, interesting.
I fell for it too. My heart broke. Then the hype got to me again. Well, it’s just speculation at this point. Looking forward to tomorrow :)