Revivogen

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
diskobox said:
I expected this to be some sort of a cream and was worried about difficulty applying. Not the case. It's actually a liquid. I personally prefer liquids for dense hair areas. I think it's easier to apply.
Definitely easier to apply than creams, when you are applying to a full head of hair for prevention purposes. Since my hairline isn't as dense as it once was, I have a difficult time keeping it inside the hairline instead of running down on my forehead, but not a big deal.

diskbox said:
I had tried Nioxin products before. Mainly just the shampoo
So no results with the shampoo by itself?

diskbox said:
I don't mind the smell, it actually smells kinda good in its own strong and obnoxious way. ;)
Your girlfriend wont think so. :) Mine absolutely hates the smell. In fact its turned her away from a hug more than once. I don't blame her. They really need to do something about the smell. I personally dont mind it but thats because I believe its helping me keep my hair, so its a small price to pay, but those around me have complained often. Especially if im upwind of someone.

The other major issue is the color. It gets all over my tshirt collars (rubs against the hair when I put it on, take it off) and all over my white pillowcase. This is also a big issue IMO, but both issues are unrelated to its effectiveness.

I have been on Revivogen and spironolactone for 2 months now. Was off Revivogen for a week and a half in between there... so I need to stick to it more closely. Will report more later.

HairLossTalk.com

diskobox

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
So no results with the shampoo by itself?

Your girlfriend wont think so. :) Mine absolutely hates the smell. In fact its turned her away from a hug more than once. I don't blame her. They really need to do something about the smell. I personally dont mind it but thats because I believe its helping me keep my hair, so its a small price to pay, but those around me have complained often. Especially if im upwind of someone.
Nioxin just made my hair feel nice. But I've never noticed a change in my hair since I was maybe 16. I started Nioxin around 18 maybe and used it for a year. It didn't really change anything, but it's a good shampoo.

And actually, I went to bed with the stuff on my head, and I asked my ladyfriend, "does that stuff smell weird?" and she said, "I don't smell anything." She's painfully honest sometimes so I guess it's all good in that dept.

BTW, in your opinion, what do you think is more effective on its own? Revivogen or spironolactone?

thinman

Reaction score
Am i the only clown using this product as a stand-alone? I dont know if I should add something (i was thinking Tricomin), i added nizoral 1% 2x a week.
The shampoo is really great and makes ur head look fuller, then u wake up the next day...lol..
the solution i dont mind as long as its doing something...only 3 weeks in.

hey the nizoral says only to use up to 8 weeks? is it ok to use longer than that?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
diskobox said:
BTW, in your opinion, what do you think is more effective on its own? Revivogen or spironolactone?
Unfortunately this is an impossible question to answer, because as the rules go with hair loss treatments, unless there is a study done on its effect on hair count, etc. over a minimum of 1 year period, we can't really claim either one is effective at all, let alone determine which of the two is more effective.

But...

We can guess! :lol: ... and hope. And based on studies done on the past, oral spironolactone has been proven to help with hair loss in both men and women to at least some degree. Topical has never been tested.

Revivogen has no oral counterpart with proof... and topical has never been tested on hair counts... so i guess, technically, the answer to your question is...

... based on more slighly indirect evidence, spironolactone would win.

Then again Revivogen could do a trial on hair counts tomorrow and blow spironolactone away. Without the data, its impossible to compare.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
thinman said:
Am i the only clown using this product as a stand-alone?
I wouldn't call you a clown. If Revivogen works as well as Propecia, using it alone for maintenance purposes is 100% logical. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of data aside from our consumer trials which did show a 73% effectiveness at maintaining, for those who stayed on it longer than 6 months. We still really need some hair count data though. If you're just trying to maintain, its worth a shot, along with Nizoral 1%. If you want some regrowth, you should definitely add Rogaine or Tricomin and give it another 6-8 months.

thinman said:
hey the nizoral says only to use up to 8 weeks? is it ok to use longer than that?
Good question. I have used it consistently for over 2 years. I just make sure not to use it more than once every 3-4 days. I'm not sure of the risks of using it longer than 8 weeks. Some may have a bad reaction, and this may just be there to warn them.

HairLossTalk.com

diskobox

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Good question. I have used it consistently for over 2 years. I just make sure not to use it more than once every 3-4 days. I'm not sure of the risks of using it longer than 8 weeks. Some may have a bad reaction, and this may just be there to warn them.

HairLossTalk.com
On my bottle, it says you may use it after the 8 weeks to control your dandruff.

HairLossTalk.com, have you ever asked Revivogen if they plan on conducting a more scientific study?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
diskobox said:
HairLossTalk.com, have you ever asked Revivogen if they plan on conducting a more scientific study?
Many, many times. No solid plans from them yet.

HairLossTalk.com

thinman

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com

Thanks HairLossTalk.com every once in a while u need a kick in the pants to feel that ur not wasting ur time on the stuff. I think i will add tricomin in the near future. Does anyway know the difference between the effectiveness of the original formula and the new one? Were the studies performed on the old one? IF so i hope its not like the new Coke fiasco. :wink:

diskobox

Reaction score
Diskbox said:
Seems a bit suspicious. Is there any solid reason they haven't yet?
I try not to be annoying about it when asking, but typically the reasons given are related to the extensive cost of doing a trial, etc. :roll:

HairLossTalk.com

A

Administrator

Wow. Weird. It put my post into your post Disk. Oh well, you get the point. :)

HairLossTalk.com

diskobox

Reaction score
That's too bad.

I do hope it's a monetary issue and not lack of faith in their own product.

If it is monetary, I hope they do go through with trials eventually.

If the ingredients they have really suppress DHT up to 98%, then the only possible limiting factor would be the delivery system. At least they could assess the effectiveness of it.

Couldn't they also do trials to monitor DHT levels on the scalp?

It seems like it's something they will have to do eventually if they want some serious sucess out of this thing.

diskobox

Reaction score
What do you think is the best way to apply this stuff in dense areas?

It almost seems like massaging it just causes the stuff to get into the hair where it's useless.

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm so dense sometimes I would have to inject it directly into my brain! :p hehe, man I need some sleep.

thinman

Reaction score
revivogen continued

well its been only about 3 weeks of revivogen, so still sticking with it daily..
HairLossTalk.com do u know if their is a effective difference between the old and new formula?
(and tricomin is on the way..)

has anyone used this product and made their situation worse?

thxs

Quartz

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com -

I note that you are using both Revivogen and spironolactone twice a day, when the instructions state this is not strictly necessary.

If you were to use both just once a day this would get around the problem of application times in that you could apply Revivogen at night then spironolactone in the nmorning after showering.

You usually advocate building up regimens slowly so just wondered what your rationale behind the twice daily applications was.

Cheers,
Quartz.

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
I never hear anyone raving about spironolactone...why is that?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
diskbox said:
It seems like it's something they will have to do eventually if they want some serious sucess out of this thing.
Agreed.

diskbox said:
What do you think is the best way to apply this stuff in dense areas? It almost seems like massaging it just causes the stuff to get into the hair where it's useless.
There is no best way im afraid. It either gets all in your hair, or it runs down your scalp onto your forehead. Massaging it does get it all into your hair. In fact, not only is my white pillowcase getting stained orange, but my white t shirts which I put on and take off soon after application are getting orange stained collars. Rather frustrating. I just apply it to the scalp, just enough so it doesnt overflow down onto my forehead, and do my best to rub it in. The smell and the color are issues that should be fixed though, I agree.

thinman said:
HairLossTalk.com do u know if their is a effective difference between the old and new formula?
They added Grape Seed Extract which has potential to help stimulate hair growth, so I'd say its *potentially* better. Old formula is about a year and a half old now too, hasn't been around for awhile.

Quartz said:
I note that you are using both Revivogen and spironolactone twice a day, when the instructions state this is not strictly necessary.
True. The idea is that since it might help, I do it, simply because it will increase my chances of success.

Quartz said:
If you were to use both just once a day this would get around the problem of application times in that you could apply Revivogen at night then spironolactone in the nmorning after showering.
True. But my then conscience would bother me with the possibility that Im one of the people who needs it twice a day to work. :)

Quartz said:
You usually advocate building up regimens slowly so just wondered what your rationale behind the twice daily applications was.
The "bare minimum" mentality with regimens that I tend to push is based moreso on the use of multiple products versus just one. I think that "within" a single product, if the makers state that optimum results may require twice daily application, one should shoot for optimum if budget allows. If someone's 22 years old and only 6 months into their first thinning hair however, I'd absolutely suggest trying Propecia alone, versus doing a Propecia, Rogaine, Tricomin, Revivogen, spironolactone regimen just to maintain their hair.

HairLossTalk.com

diskobox

Reaction score
After two weeks with Revivogen/Nizoral/Tricomin, my hair feels very full and healthy. It's also shiny and looks good.

I know it's too early for any results, but I just thought you'd like to know my hair hasn't gone to sh*t and dried out. :D

I did seem to get some irritation for a couple days when I started Tricomin, but it seems to have gone away. I think I'm going to buy some Folligen and Emu oil. So then it would be Revivogen/Folligen/Emu/Nizoral.

Quartz

Reaction score
Itchy/Dismembered/Floatable TR....

Any updates on your Revivogen use?

Have just started it myself and am pretty optimistic to be honest, even after a week my scalp feels in good shape!

I know, I'm kidding myself but I can dream! :)

Dismembered

Reaction score
Quartz said:
Itchy/Dismembered/Floatable TR....

Any updates on your Revivogen use?

Have just started it myself and am pretty optimistic to be honest, even after a week my scalp feels in good shape!

I know, I'm kidding myself but I can dream! :)

So far no major changes, so that would be a good thing. Also, I am noticing a lot of smaller hairs popping out of my frontal hairline area, and I am wondering if it's the spironolactone that is giving that result. It doesn't appear like my hair has worsened, so it's hard to tell weather these are new hairs or dieing hairs.

When I was on finasteride, I also noticed a lot of small hairs popping out, but my hair was thinner because of the sheds, so they were much more noticeable. I think my hair will recover as much as it ever will from that last Telogen Effluvium from Propecia.

Also, back when I was on finasteride, the front middle portion where the hair parts was much wider, and now it's narrower. However, it's really hard to say if this was solely to do the natural recovery of a Telogen Effluvium, or that spironolactone and Revivogen had some effect in regrowth.

I need to give this more time, since I am only using anti-androgens. I think the best thing to do is not to expect regowth, just maintenance.

See ya.