Revivogen

Dismembered

Reaction score
I'll definitely keep you guys updated. If there is quite a noticeable difference then I will take pictures and compare them with the ones I took just before a quit finasteride. Maybe I'd be willing to show them to those who believe that shedding on finasteride is not real. :D

I don't think my hair will be fully restored but I expect it to continue to improve at least for the next month or so. Also, I should note that I alternate Revivogen and spironolactone every other night. I am not sure if I can use them both one after another.

Anyway, I’ll drop by after with more updates.

Itchy

Reaction score
O.K.

Two questions guys...

1. Is Revivogen not the same as Crinagen?

2. How long does that $99 Revivo pack last you guys?

Thanks a lot!

Dismembered

Reaction score
Itchy said:
O.K.

Two questions guys...

1. Is Revivogen not the same as Crinagen?

2. How long does that $99 Revivo pack last you guys?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

1) I am no expert, but as far as I know Revivogen is stronger then Crinagen. I have not read up too much on Crinagen, but I think Revivogen just has more of the same ingredients compared to Crinagen.

2) For me, 1 bottle of Revivogen lasts about 1 month.

Dismembered

Reaction score
I thought I would add another quick update. It appears that my hair is looking thicker, and is starting to become more obvious. So it seems that the fourth month is the most significant month when recovering from a Telogen Effluvium. It is not a full recovery, but so far it is becoming much more noticeable.

Itchy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just started using revivogen and spironolactone together along with minoxidil. I do not use Propecia/finasteride. I will keep you all posted on results. :wink:

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
guys, after trying minoxidil, finasteride, nizoral, nano, hair oils, and folligen, and fns, nothing seems to work. should i try Revivogen now? will it work?

G

Did you give the Big Three (Propecia, Minoxidil, and Niroral) at least a year trial?

Brucelee

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Receding, I apologize that I don't recall your whole story, so forgive me if this is off track: if you were able to tolerate Finasteride, I'd at least leave it as part of your regimen, even if it didnt seem to be working.

I think the *ideal* addition to a Propecia only regimen that isn't working, maybe to add a topical DHT inhibitor and antiandrogen to help it along.

If I could tolerate it, i would never drop Propecia.

Just my $0.02.

HairLossTalk.com

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com:

I have used topical spironolactone, homeade solution for 2 months and didn't see any results. i stopped it because recently my hair has been going down the toilet. although, i guess it could have been because of minoxidil. i think it was because of minoxidil actually. do you think i should try Dr. Lee's?

as far as antiandrogen I am using nizoral 1%.

was thinking i should get some blood tests done. can you reccomend what tests i should take and what to look for? thanks.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
RecedingBoy said:
HairLossTalk.com: I have used topical spironolactone, homeade solution for 2 months and didn't see any results. i stopped it because recently my hair has been going down the toilet. although, i guess it could have been because of minoxidil. i think it was because of minoxidil actually. do you think i should try Dr. Lee's?
It's really difficult to estimate what is causing the hair loss. The only input I can offer is that Minoxidil does have a preliminary shedding period during the first 1-3 months. That is common. Aside from that, it could be anything.
RecedingBoy said:
was thinking i should get some blood tests done. can you reccomend what tests i should take and what to look for? thanks.
Blood tests for men typically are only needed when someone on Propecia wants to get a baseline set of hormonal tests done, to compare to the same tests at a later date, or just for current status. There really aren't any blood tests men would need to have done that would help diagnose or treat their hair loss. That's typically a step that only women need to take.

HairLossTalk.com

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com:

i understand there may be an initial shed, but i gave it 2 months and i lost hair rapidly. not hair that i saw coming out, that was the same, hair that was becoming minitarized more rapidly.

do you think i should give it anothe rmonth?

if blood tests won't help are there ANY tests i should take that will help me to pinpoint the reason for MY hairloss?]

tia

Markies

Reaction score
My Revivogen Experience

I'm currently 33 and started losing my hair at about 17 or 18. This has been a VERY gradual process in the temples area, and recently in the fronal section as well. If my temples are covered with hair from behind I still look like I have a full head of hair.
I have been using revivogen for 5 months now with no results as far as hair growing back. My hair feels great though. I contacted Revivogen customer service and they said that frontal hairline regrowth may take 6-8 months for any results to start. My hair loss is so gradual that some days I think Revivogen may be working because I see little hairs along my hairline, but other days I'm thinking that these little hairs are the ones dying from the DHT onslaught.
Does anyone have any results with a receeding hairline and Revivogen? And I mean REAL results with measurable progress where there is no doubt at all that its working??

kilimanjaro

Reaction score
I bought Revivogen.. tried it for a few weeks.. returned it and got my refund. It was the first product I had ever tried (besided Head & Shoulders and Nizoral shampoos), and I was very sceptical to start off. The pics on their site suck, they are unable to put you in touch with any successful patients due to privacy concerns, and now, to top it off.. they are telling you it could take up to 8 months!!! How profit minded is that?! Even accounting for hair cycle changes, 8 months is just so they can make profits.

The opinions expressed here are not those of HairLossTalk.com or this site, and we at hairlosstalk are not going to take any responsibilty.. hehehheh... just being too smart for my own good.

I also have this feeling that Revivogen posts their own positive testimonials on some of these boards.

Markies

Reaction score
So what kind of hair-loss are you experiencing? Anything you know of that works for the frontal hairline??

kilimanjaro

Reaction score
Markies, I am 24 and have been loosing hair for over four years. Throughout my life, I have almost never even taken a drug like Advil or Tylenol... so even Nizoral and Head & Shoulders are kind of a big step for me and I was initially worried about chemical absorption into my brains. I come from a country where we never use shampoo, but wash our hair with natural lotions and soap. Have you ever read any of the ingredients at the back of a shampoo bottle?! They put all kinds of sh*t in there.

Anyways, I have seen noticeable shedding and scalp only in the last year or so. I have yet to try any drug, but am thinking of Propecia. If it was available without prescription at the local drug store, i would be tempted to start today. The only thing I don't like about Propecia is that it takes a few months to work, during which time you can get significant shedding. In the long-term you can have sexual/penile problems, larger nipples/breasts and of course the loss of more money on this stupid problem. I also have significant body hair so I know that DHT is my main problem. Minoxidil can cause an increase in body hair... something I could not possibly tolerate.

Good luck.. and read all the forums that are online for info from people who have been on drugs for a while.

floatableTR

Reaction score
Hey kilimanjaro, From your earlier post I gather that you returned your revivogen because of the time that it takes to start "working". I agree that the site pics suck and perhaps some of the people involed with revivogen post here, but in its defence(the only reason im defending it is because ive been using it for 4 months :oops: ) it does slow down/stop you hair from falling out in about 1 month. I think that they mean it takes 8 months to notice any regrowth which is extremely common in all of these products... don get me wrong im a skeptic myself.. i think ALL these friggen products could work(regrow) in a shorter period of time but it comes down to business and trying to milk us all(cause we'll pay). Anyhow I was concerned about the product myself so i emailed them before i started to use the product and here were some of the responses:

these responses were in regards to using it with other products, their before and after pictures and what kind of AVERAGE results to expect.

You are welcome to use any other product In conjunction with
ours with no adverse effects. Our product is all natural, and therefore has no complication s with other products. Regarding the results. Each
result is completely dependent on your particular situation. This includes how long you have been losing your hair. If it has been many years your hair follicles have shrunk much more then someone who has been losing hair only for a few years. It is said that if you have been losing for more than three years you might not receive full hair regrowth. Please visit
our website under consumer trials, this trial was conducted with a
variety of consumers and it honest in its results. Thank you.

Best Regards

Edina
Revivogen Customer Service

Our before and after pictures have a time lapse of 12-18
months. Keep in mind these are also our best results out of many. We suggest, when you begin using Revivogen, to take a picture of your head. In three months take another, and so on. We do not expect hair to magically appear on your head!
In the first three months your hair follicle should begin to
open up. In the next three you will see much more regrowth. We expect full regrowth for your head in 12-18 months. This will be the case in any
reputable hair loss product. Thank you for your inquiry, if you have any more questions feel free to write again.
Best Regards

Adina
Revivogen Customer Service

The whole point of this was a message trying to say that no matter what treatment you take you might as well be prepared to be in this thing for the long haul(unless your one of the lucky ones that react really well to some products). The best thing to do is to take whatever treatment you decide and then just forget about it... live you life thinking about you hair as little as possible. Time will go by quicker that way results will seem to come quicker. Good luck :p

For any other revivogen users... my update is that im going on my 5th month.. I have been having a fair amount of "good" hair days now and hair loss has stopped(from what i can tell) I didnt do the picture thing so i cant notice any regrowth. I wasent really expecting to see any till close to a year anyways.

:wink:

kilimanjaro

Reaction score
floatable TR,

Point taken. But one thing I haev noticed is that for the past two years, there have been times when I have felt like my scalp looks really bad.. and then times/even months when the hair seems a lot better. And I have not taken any drugs or topical treatments. My scalp hair look and shedding even varies during seasons and when I am stressed it seems. Sometimes, if you see limited mintenance or even regrowth, it might just be a natural phenomenon. The fact that most of Revivogen's ingredients are natural makes it a good choice.... but it is way too expensive, unproven to work, not really approved as a hair loss treatment product by the FDA and on top of it all.... you can buy all the ingredients in Revivogen separately and at a cheaper cost!

Besides my mistrust of the product from the start, I quit Revivogen because it gave me mild itchiness of the scalp and I felt stupid spreading it on before going to sleep every day. Even the smell is bad. Anyway, if you like it, no harm in it. Definitely better and cheaper than getting transplant.

FYI - Are Edina and Adina the same person or just a type on your part? Or a type on the part of someone at Revivogen faking names again!

I just despise companies that rip people off with products that are not proven to work. If they sold Revivogen at even 20 percent above cost (average business profuits are about 10 percent), I would never criticise them even if I seriously doubted the product's efficacy. But they are probabyl making at the least a 200 percent profit!

Rudiratlos

Reaction score
SEASONAL changes are normal.. there is always a fluctuation in hormone levels during the year

about revivogen..isnt it so that saw palmetto is the main product in this stuff..
you could switch to saw palmetto and use a good shampoo and vitamines beside it...

a tip i always give is to use poly insaturated fatty acids (like flax oil..it contains 50-60% ometa-3 faaty acids) ..it has (scientificly) been proven dat omega3 does a lot offf could stuff .. most interesting is dat it lowels zome inportant inflamation markers like TNF (a lot of peolpe have kinnda inflammed hairfollices whilst losing their hair)...

this stuff is very cheap and it could help to slow down hairloss (alittle) and if it doesnt it ver healthy (ant-carcinogenic..for instance breast and colon cancer ..anti its a powerfull anti-oxidant ) you also can use it toppicly
(i think i the shampoo of reviogen they added fatty acids?? )

maybe i wrong.. (i don`t think so) but is a lot cheaper than revivogen!!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
about revivogen..isnt it so that saw palmetto is the main product in this stuff..

No, trust me on this: the saw palmetto is not the main ingredient in Revivogen. The free-form fatty acids are the most important part.

a tip i always give is to use poly insaturated fatty acids (like flax oil..it contains 50-60% ometa-3 faaty acids)...this stuff is very cheap and it could help to slow down hairloss (alittle) and if it doesnt it ver healthy (ant-carcinogenic..for instance breast and colon cancer ..anti its a powerfull anti-oxidant )

Huh? Flax oil a powerful antioxidant? It's the polyunsaturated fatty acids in flax oil which make it highly SUSCEPTIBLE to oxidation! Flax oil needs to be carefully *protected* with antioxidants!

you also can use it toppicly (i think i the shampoo of reviogen they added fatty acids?? )

Natural oils like flax oil are not a substitute for Revivogen. Fatty acids have to be in their "free" form to inhibit 5a-reductase. Natural oils are in the form of triglycerides.

Bryan