Replicel

T

TravisB

Who dudemon, you actually have faith in Replicel?

All your respones to future treatments were like :jackit: so far

T

TravisB

Recent Tokyo research has given some hope about stem cells treatment. Finally some concrete photos of completely new thick hair growth.

120418095011-large.jpg

I think something like this is definitely achievable in humans, we just don't know if it will work the same as in mice. Some company is going to nail it sometime. Maybe Replicel will be the first!

Some people might find such experiments on animals cruel, but this is science, it has no limits. If it's going to help humans then I don't see why not to do animal testing first. If not for the animal testing, the medical and pharmaceutical business would have not developed, and many important drugs would have been never introduced to the market.

Just my thoughts, let's not transform this topic into the morality discussion too much :mrgreen:

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude...enough with the mice, once they grow some hairs on a Macaca fuscata's *** theyll have my attention...

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Yeah, enough with mice. It really means did-ly squat because the genetic make up of a human is something like 10 million times more complex or somehting like that. IDK what the actual # is, but I know it is WAAAAAAY more complex than mice. So, what they do on mice has almost no indication of what will work on humans. It is really just a proof of concept and a starting point, nothing more.

While it is true that results in mice often do not translate to results in humans, your statement about genetic makeup is entirely false. Look up the percentage of genetic similarity between humans and even the most seemingly distant animals from us, and I bet you'll be surprised.

re22

Reaction score
Current science suggests that humans have around 30,000 genes in all, perhaps even fewer than that. The issue isn't necessarily the amount of genes, it's understanding how they work and interact with one another.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
LOOOL "So, what I said may have been technically entirely false but it is basically true."

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
can you people stop speculating please. You are wasting everyones times, especially the person who started the whole 20% bs

as far as the release is concerned today is April 23rd. Does that mean they will be announcing their results tomorrow, as it is 20 days passed the April 4th announcement?

If they play anymore games after tmrw I call complete bs on them

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DavisNY said:
can you people stop speculating please. You are wasting everyones times, especially the person who started the whole 20% bs

as far as the release is concerned today is April 23rd. Does that mean they will be announcing their results tomorrow, as it is 20 days passed the April 4th announcement?

If they play anymore games after tmrw I call complete bs on them

THEY'RE NOT PLAYING ANY GAMES!! We're still in LATE APRIL and we'll be here for another week. Replicel still has an entire week to release their results to remain on schedule.

yes, there was some article posted on the 4th saying that Replicel will make their big announcement in 20 days(April 24). Tomorrow hopefully then... :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

T

TravisB

Actually - trading days. So I presume weekends aren't trading days? If so, they have time until 2nd May.

I've read people saying that if Replicel's stock hasn't rised, it means their results are sh*t, because if we had a cure, these breaking news would leak.

I don't think so. Only 19 people have undergone the trials, so I think it's not a big problem to keep these 19 people's mouths shut? So only Replicel staff and these 19 people know the results.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They have 6 days.....you better hope they're not stalling.

Not to sound negative but my guess....and that's only a guess, is that their results were not as they had hoped and they're waiting to release those findings while figuring out how to approach the damage control since people will be pissed that they lost so much money.

Up until a month ago they promptly replied to every question or statement on their facebook page but in the last couple weeks they haven't been responding hardly at all.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nohawk said:
their stock went up a 13% today... :dunno:

yeah their stock seems to go up in the morning but then it goes down in the evening... I don't know what to think :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
Up until a month ago they promptly replied to every question or statement on their facebook page but in the last couple weeks they haven't been responding hardly at all.

Thom- not to sound optimistic, and I believe I'm more pessimistic than dudemon, but it is certainly possible they have been inundated with emails, calls, especially now as those stockmarket watch websites are touting Replicel with a large potential in stock returns, as well as high degree of risk.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
How sad that we have to qualify our statements with "not to sound optimistic".... we're a bunch of baldies sitting on a baldy forum asking each other for support and closely following the day to day activities of some tiny start-up that claims it can cure us... and we shy away from even SOUNDING optimistic in fear of some super-pessimist "experienced" poster (which prob only means he's more advanced on the Norwood scale) to scold us for being gullible and stupid because he himself has been in our shoes and been disappointed by other companies promising him hair..... LOL and SAD SAD SAD....

I think we should all hop on the optimistic train and really believe that this is gonna (at the very least) advance our understanding of the big picture problem.... that way we can go on our merry way and deactivate our hairloss forum accounts and live our lives like normal people who neither know that these forums nor a company called Replicel exist.

Just Sayin... :whistle:

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't want to be pessimistic and I've been following Replicel's actions. You could be right Tony, it just appears they are ignoring and/or side-stepping comments or questions now. One reason I had hope in them is they responded well to everyone's questions and concerns, leading me to think they were confident in their findings.

I really do hope you guys are right though. I would love nothing more than to eat a healthy dose of my words.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what are you talking about? They responded to 95% of questions that were posted on their Facebook.... the only reason their Facebook page is not so active anymore is because people aren't posting any questions!

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
what do u guys think the potential of this stock is? Say everything is peachy and they show good results... anyone have any guess on what the stock price might jump to?

T

TravisB

I hope it's really something to be excited about.

Imagine that their results are outstanding, we will be in heaven then!

I've seen that recently their share prices went up, but not THAT much. And what exactly is "volume"? Is it the number of shares that were bought?