Replicel

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
Kirby said:
nohawk said:
Their injections were all in the vertex, listen to the CEO's radio interview with Spencer Kobren. I think its safe to assume that replicell is dead.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, unfortunately. :(

The CEO sounded absolutely gutted in that interview. Like he was about to burst in man-tears. Depressing to hear, and I was hoping very strongly that Replicel would be light at the end of the tunnel of hairloss. I guess it's up to Histogen and Aderans from here.

I agree, David Hall sounded like a defeated man.

I'm happy that they will continue on with phase 2. It's no skin off my back and who knows if they will somehow be able to improve their product. But at this point I have little to no hope for replicel and I'm thinking the entire project will soon be scrapped.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Although Aderans and Histogen have gotten to phase II and both could be promising, I still think that some scientist will find a way to eliminate the 'bald gene' from birth before any cure for exisiting bald guys ever comes to the market.

I can't see any financial gain from eliminating the gene at birth. They would need to come up with a detection method and a cure. They would have to finance two studies.

I think they should be looking at genes at birth, because I truly don't believe enough research has being done. There is no money to be made from researching only for the cure.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Updated my previous post as my phone dropped out during work when I was replying to you dudemon.

Technical

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Although Aderans and Histogen have gotten to phase II and both could be promising, I still think that some scientist will find a way to eliminate the 'bald gene' from birth before any cure for exisiting bald guys ever comes to the market.
No, in fact that will probably never be the case. First of all to find all of the genetic markers that actually set off balding would be difficult, but to then destroy them without attacking any other part of genetic string is impossible at this point. You also have to consider the amount of ethical uproar that would occur from messing with babies genetic traits pre-birth.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can improve things but as it stands it sure does not sound promising.

I don't think many guys will spend a whole lot for at best a 20% gain. I guess
I'd have to see it to make a call though, maybe 20% growth is great looking since they say you can't tell you've lost hair till it gets to 50%.

powersam

Reaction score
20% growth would be fine by me. I'd prefer more but that would be a huge step in the right direction.

They'll probably work dosage out anyway.

Plus couldn't you just get it done again?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what happened to no pics it didn't happen policy.
it's not fda supervised and they could claim whatever they want. BUt hope they're right.

powersam

Reaction score
waynakyo said:
what happened to no pics it didn't happen policy.
it's not fda supervised and they could claim whatever they want. BUt hope they're right.

Haha so true, pics or gtfo!

Technical

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Technical said:
dudemon said:
No, in fact that will probably never be the case. First of all to find all of the genetic markers that actually set off balding would be difficult, but to then destroy them without attacking any other part of genetic string is impossible at this point. You also have to consider the amount of ethical uproar that would occur from messing with babies genetic traits pre-birth.

Uh ... I think that they have already isolated the exact gene that causes baldness. In men with male pattern baldness, there is a certain chromosome that is non-dominant, and it is this lack of dominance in this one particular chromosome that causes us to go bald. (this is the "hair gene" BTW) If it were dominant, we would be non-male pattern baldness, as in the case with guys who do not suffer from premature hairloss.
I'd like the name of the gene and references.

Even if they have identified the gene you haven't answered the other challenges.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the EXACT gene for male pattern baldness? I don't think so.... they found a couple but not sure which one does what.