Replicel

T

TravisB

I've noticed that all of those f*****g scientists working on hairloss have full heads of hair themselves (at least taking into account their age). Why it would be in their business to regrow hair?

Hand on this research to the bald scientists, as they would have the motivation and they would give a boost to the research...

Ok, here are few bald scientists:

[youtube:28dcrcfx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAS_k1IrJpA[/youtube:28dcrcfx]

Also, note that Replicel stock is falling down even more. $1.50 now.

$1.30

Why is this happening? They haven't even published any results. Is it because people are selling their shares?

Anyways, they said yesterday that they will announce results within the next few days. If they won't release them max in next Monday, then I'll be pissed (and not only I)

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, there can be intentional manipulation ofthe market too. If shares drop and rise, and you can predict that, there's obviously money to be made by someone.

T

TravisB

I think stock market isn't verey reliable source of speculation. It dropped to $1.30 and now it's stabilised at $1.99.

T

TravisB

Replicel removed 2 latest retraction news releases from their website. I wonder what's going on.

EDIT:

They are up again. What are they doing? Maybe they are preparing the website for results release?

Reaction score
Replicel's shares aren't very liquid, they have a total of 73 145 454 shares and only 53 696 shares were traded today, that's .000734% of the total number of shares. To put that in perspective apple has 935 000 000 shares and 21 000 000 were traded today, that's around .0225%. Additionally apple had a slow day compared to their usual average number of shares traded a day, and replicel had a busy day compared to there average a day.

Looking at replicel stock diagram, I would say there was less then 30 trades today. The price of the stock is the amount the last trade was done at. If one a investor looses hope in replicel and sets a limit price to sell his stock 50 cents below market value(to get rid of it quickly, he may still be making profit), that one trade alone will decrease the decrease the market value of the stock, because there are so little trades done during a day.

Now all the above may be wrong, I'm 21 years old and I've been learning the stock market for a total of 2 weeks.

My final point being, you can't accurately speculate on their results based on the price of the stock.

Technical

Reaction score
You have to be the most bi-polar people I've ever met. Every other post you guys make is either optimistic or doomsday.

Just chill and wait for the final conclusion. Worrying about it will just make your hair fall out faster, lmao.

Nilli57211

Reaction score
I still say we know nothing about the results until they're actually released.

The stock drops are a result of the press release and paranoia - which STILL has nothing to do with the actual results themselves. Who knows, maybe the company's timing with the press releases is intentional - they could be leading people on to speculate that they've got nothing only to give everyone a big surprise after a few days. Think about it. Assuming their results are good, and they had to issue those press releases anyway to retract certain statements, isn't it better from their standpoint to deliver the bad stuff first? If they have good news regarding the ACTUAL RESULTS, it would be stupid to release those results and THEN issue press releases saying "well, yeah, but..." - this would harm them more overall.

I'm not saying anything either way, because at this point we just don't know. But really, their delays don't automatically mean bad news. It could simply be that they're taking their time to get the data together for release, or they could have intended for the exact reaction they're getting now and just be playing it out. I almost feel like if it was bad news, they'd have cut and run while the stocks were still high rather than issuing press releases that they HAD to know would drive people to sell their stocks.

Also, they say on the site that even if phase I doesn't show any growth, they'll just continue to work on the formula in phase II. This trial was more for safety purposes, and as far as I know, they haven't had any safety concerns come up.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
All this frustration is enough to make your hair fall out...
Now you see why all these methods work on mice but not on humans ... :hairy: :mrgreen:

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
I've noticed that all of those f****ing scientists working on hairloss have full heads of hair themselves (at least taking into account their age). Why it would be in their business to regrow hair?

Hand on this research to the bald scientists, as they would have the motivation and they would give a boost to the research...
The scientists working on e.g. heart diseases are quite healthy in general. This does not mean that they are less motivated.

If there is a goal to be achieved by a breakthrough, it will catch the interest of the scientific community no matter what. You should not see hair regrowth as an isolated problem but as a condition that will be taken care of by a dedicated product or a sub-product of regenerative medicine. However, regenerative medicine is still in its very early baby steps. I believe that one day full hair restoration will become a routine procedure but I am afraid no one here will live enough to see this day coming. In the meantime all we can do is to be content with whatever partial solution comes out.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Monty, I think that's positive though that the science backs some re-growth. I am pretty sure Replicel will tank, but we can expect some company will improve upon their findings. Remember too, this was done on the temples. If nothing else, imagine what those findings combined with a hair transplant could do?

Perhaps I'm too positive, yeah probably am. Just thought I'd see some good in all this disappointment..especially since there are those who got upset with me for supposedly being so negative about this company.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats a rap.

move on, nothing to see here anymore..

BRING IN THE NEXT ONE!

Nilli57211

Reaction score
Really trying to be positive here - maybe they'll be able to improve upon the formula in phase II. MAYBE. What really concerns me is that only 63% of their treatment group had this 5% improvement, and 37% of their placebo group did as well. So 2/3 of the percentage in their placebo group got the results too?

Histogen still blows them way out of the water though - and Histogen has already shown us that they could produce results in PEOPLE. Who gives a flying crap about a formula working in mice!

I guess with any of these companies, if the results are compoundable, even being able to grow just one hair on a head could give anyone a full head of hair after x number of treatments...hope Histogen is compoundable...

powersam

Reaction score
Nilli57211 said:
I still say we know nothing about the results until they're actually released.

The stock drops are a result of the press release and paranoia - which STILL has nothing to do with the actual results themselves. Who knows, maybe the company's timing with the press releases is intentional - they could be leading people on to speculate that they've got nothing only to give everyone a big surprise after a few days. Think about it. Assuming their results are good, and they had to issue those press releases anyway to retract certain statements, isn't it better from their standpoint to deliver the bad stuff first? If they have good news regarding the ACTUAL RESULTS, it would be stupid to release those results and THEN issue press releases saying "well, yeah, but..." - this would harm them more overall.

I'm not saying anything either way, because at this point we just don't know. But really, their delays don't automatically mean bad news. It could simply be that they're taking their time to get the data together for release, or they could have intended for the exact reaction they're getting now and just be playing it out. I almost feel like if it was bad news, they'd have cut and run while the stocks were still high rather than issuing press releases that they HAD to know would drive people to sell their stocks.

Also, they say on the site that even if phase I doesn't show any growth, they'll just continue to work on the formula in phase II. This trial was more for safety purposes, and as far as I know, they haven't had any safety concerns come up.

reposted because most seem to have missed this post.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I have no idea who replicel is but I always thought they were trying to find a way to multiply hairs so you could get back all your hair that way. What are they injecting to get this regrowth? Sounds pretty unimpressive for the hype and time they spent on this.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Weren't the injection in the temple region? If so that is a good sign.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Their injections were all in the vertex, listen to the CEO's radio interview with Spencer Kobren. I think its safe to assume that replicell is dead.

K

Kirby

nohawk said:
Their injections were all in the vertex, listen to the CEO's radio interview with Spencer Kobren. I think its safe to assume that replicell is dead.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, unfortunately. :(

The CEO sounded absolutely gutted in that interview. Like he was about to burst in man-tears. Depressing to hear, and I was hoping very strongly that Replicel would be light at the end of the tunnel of hairloss. I guess it's up to Histogen and Aderans from here.

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
nohawk wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, unfortunately. :(

The CEO sounded absolutely gutted in that interview. Like he was about to burst in man-tears. Depressing to hear, and I was hoping very strongly that Replicel would be light at the end of the tunnel of hairloss. I guess it's up to Histogen and Aderans from here.

Kirby - Is there a post Phase I interview on the Spencer Kobren show with the CEO of Replicel? The only one I'm able to find is the 2011 interview.