Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the press release from today they state:

An analysis of injection site biopsies taken 60.5 months after injection is currently ongoing with results expected in the next few weeks.

They already mentioned before that they're gonna release it in Q2 2017.

Replicel had a 4-5 year delay because GE removed the culture medium they were using from their market and they had to do a lot of extensive communications with the relevant regulatory authorities to make sure this Phase 1 study is still valid as it uses the GE medium while the final product (and Shisedo study??) don't. Plus of course finding a replacement and checking everything.

------

If this product turns non-permanent hair grafts into permanent ones than it will significantly increase the donor region for hair transplants for most people.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where tf have you been man

Been fairly busy lately but also, for the last month or close to it, I would always get 404 errors and the site ran super slow for me.

Anyway, pleasing news; I will add the link to the press release and what not in the OP.

Fue and replicell would be me cured by age of 25/26.. I'l drink to that ;)

I'll be somewhere from 26-28. Light at the end of the fuckin' tunnel.

RichieRich

My Regimen
Reaction score
It surely also makes hair transplant a viable option because people wouldn't have to be so concerned about future loss in non transplanted areas

Does anyone know how many hairs Replicell/Shishedo would take from the head? Say if you had a hair transplant would you have to be like can you leave a little area of x amount of hairs because i need them for rep/shi?

RichieRich

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been fairly busy lately but also, for the last month or close to it, I would always get 404 errors and the site ran super slow for me.

Anyway, pleasing news; I will add the link to the press release and what not in the OP.

I'll be somewhere from 26-28. Light at the end of the fuckin' tunnel.

Would you consider an fue now? And then go japan 2018/19 to immunise the remaining native hair?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many hairs Replicell/Shishedo would take from the head? Say if you had a hair transplant would you have to be like can you leave a little area of x amount of hairs because i need them for rep/shi?

A tiny punch biopsy. I recall it being less than 100 hair and I recall them saying it's taken from the back/side of the head closer to the ear.

So unless you get an absolutely insane FUE/FUT, you should be just fine.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you consider an fue now? And then go japan 2018/19 to immunise the remaining native hair?

Yeah, probably. I'm still waiting to hit the 1 year mark on finasteride and minoxidil before proceeding, but so far it seems to be working. Recently had my hair cut shorter and I don't seem to have any further recession and the beginnings of diffuse patches look either much better than they did or completely gone

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
And the Moron of the Month Award goes to... pegasus2. Congratu-f**king-lations!!!
Tell me one thing that is wrong about what I said, and why it is wrong. You can't, because you don't think for yourself, you just follow your God-Emperor Musk, the con man. All you have is name calling.

As for the results. It looks like all the Replicel gadgets are happy. I'm actually disappointed. This is what I expected. I was hoping for a pleasant surprise. Oh well, regrowth was always a longshot.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
So I think they've said they expect Shiseido results in second half of 2018. So that means at the earliest we could see this on the Japanese market is in 2019. For a vaccine type of an approach for some of us here that will be too little too late. However I still want it to see the light of day...

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I think they've said they expect Shiseido results in second half of 2018. So that means at the earliest we could see this on the Japanese market is in 2019. For a vaccine type of an approach for some of us here that will be too little too late. However I still want it to see the light of day...

I needed this 5 years ago lol

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, probably. I'm still waiting to hit the 1 year mark on finasteride and minoxidil before proceeding, but so far it seems to be working. Recently had my hair cut shorter and I don't seem to have any further recession and the beginnings of diffuse patches look either much better than they did or completely gone

Any noticeable side effects?

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Before we can start saying that there's a vaccine like effect we need to get to the bottom of the nonresponder issue.
Only with Shiseidos clinical trial data. Don't expect details from Replicel... Unfortunately we'll have to wait for the end of next year for that info..

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Only with Shiseidos clinical trial data. Don't expect details from Replicel... Unfortunately we'll have to wait for the end of next year for that info..

Why can't Replicel clarify the 6-month nonresponder issue?

If those same 6-month non-responders became responders by the 2 1/2 year mark what were their hair counts at baseline, versus 6 months, versus 2 1/2 years?

They should prove what's going on with this issue since their claiming hair loss "stabilized" in all subjects. Do they mean the nonresponders hair loss stabilized after the 6 month losses and stayed at that level of losses, or do they mean the nonresponders hair counts went back to baseline and then their losses stabilized at the baseline numbers, or do they mean that the nonresponders hair counts went back to baseline plus gained some hair (like the other subjects) and then stabilized?

Or maybe the nonresponders continued to lose hair.

They said ALL participants hair loss "stabilized" but when they said that they were talking in a context of the subjects who had hair-count gains. They didn't even mention the 6-month responders during that context so for all we know they're excluding the nonresponders altogether when they say the participants' hair loss stabilized. We need some clarification. I think it's a little odd that they did not explain the situation with the 6-month nonresponders. It's as if they think the fact that a significant number of subjects in the 6-month study lost hair doesn't matter.

And what were the hair counts of the placebo subjects?

There are some questions we need answered before we can say Replicel arrests losses. We need to be sure.

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Elon Musk is so overrated as a visionary and intellectual. He is a damn good salesman though. He convinced the world that battery powered cars are a good idea. All he did was create massive malinvestment, and make himself rich at the future's expense. There is new battery tech on the horizon that will make electric cars a good idea, but all this investment in electric cars would've been better off going into fuel cells. Electric power isn't good for the environment. The batteries don't last forever, and the electricity comes from power plants that pollute. And what happens when everyone is driving electric cars? We are going to need a lot more power plants, or electric prices will skyrocket, and the middle class will be turning down the thermostat or parking their vehicle.

Tell me one thing that is wrong about what I said, and why it is wrong.

Almost everything.

You suggest that battery-powered cars are a bad idea because better battery technology is on the horizon and that will "make them a good idea". Good ideas don't really happen retroactively like. Electric cars ARE a good idea, but so is the idea of better batteries. In fact, electric cars have been around since at least the early 20th century. Better batteries since then is what makes the Tesla Model III possible in the first place. Musk can also been heard saying the conventional batteries "suck" in his presentation for Tesla's solar-powered "Power Wall". So, it seems he's well aware of the fact that batteries could be better...and his company is improving them.

"Electric Power isn't good for the environment"

Not burning dinosaurs into the atmosphere isn't good for the environment? Okay.

"The batteries don't last forever, and the electricity comes from power plants that pollute. And what happens when everyone is driving electric cars? We are going to need a lot more power plants, or electric prices will skyrocket, and the middle class will be turning down the thermostat or parking their vehicle"

Most of Tesla's energy focus is on solar and converting most of the world's power to such a model as it becomes ever more practical. If everyone is driving an electric car, even if you have to up power to the grid with fossil fuels, you're still burning exponentially less because the emissions of hundreds of millions of cars is eliminated. Furthermore, this part of your post is a good argument for an increase in solar and wind power instead of traditional power plants.

Do you work in the energy field by chance? Because up here in Alberta, most people I hear using these arguments are rig workers who don't want to stop burning oil and gas for any reason aside from the fact that said practice has made them a lot of money.

Lastly, to say Elon Musk is overrated as a visionary is a laughable claim. Paypal revolutionized online commerce, Tesla is at the forefront of autonomous, electric vehicles; the hyperloop could change public transportation forever and SpaceX's technology is making reusable rockets a reality, etc.

Anywho, lookin' forward to what Shiseido does in the next couple years

Reaction score
Anywhere were we can see the data ourselves instead of taking their word on it about stabilization. Also im curious if they studied if hairs that were miniaturised gained back theirr original thickness. I would be shocked if they only studied regrowth and not hair shaft diameter

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You probably thought ethanol was a good idea too. How has that worked out?

If you think oil or batteries are the only two options, you're uninformed. And the suggestion that solar and wind farms can provide enough electricity to power energy home, business, and car, you're dreaming. Don't believe the propaganda put out by Tesla. Fuel cell vehicles are the better option. In fact, Toyota is betting heavily on them, and 78% of auto executives, as of this year, believe that fuel cells, not batteries, are the future for the automotive industry. Elon Musk took advantage of a small gap between fossil fuels and the viability of hydrogen fuel cells, to make himself rich. Kudos to him for that, but he hasn't done the world any good. Now let's get back on topic. This is supposed to be about replenish, not a dying battery technology.

tress_dreams

Reaction score
Here's a diff of the changes they made to the actual NCT01286649 study. Hard to tell what changed, it looks like they just marked it completed.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/archive/NCT01286649/2017_03_07/changes

Also, the clinical trials page was not updated with any clinical data. It's still blank after all these years. https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/results/NCT01286649

A press release written in a highly ambiguous way. This is a penny stock with fewer employees than a Taco Bell. Just sayin'. Here's hoping shseido is making progress.