Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
This trial was not built for effectiveness. It was aiming to observe its safety.

They will now try to reach maximum effectiveness, by doing several injections over the months.

It's all in their text.

ps.: one subject saw 21% increase in density after 24months, iirc. ONE INJECTION!!

Just to confirm... when sheisido releases results at the end of this year it will be based on efficacy correct?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
"an overall stabilization of hair loss was observed among all the patients treated per protocol"

8J1dmxj.gif
[/
QUOTE]

It sounds great Dench, but what happened with the non-responders at 6 months?

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Guys this is so exciting. We now know why Shiseido dropped all that money to acquire Replicel. They had data that showed maintenance for at least 24 months after a single injection. That is by far the greatest breakthrough we've had for well over 25 years.

If their 5 year data point shows the same, we should all pop a champagne and celebrate.

Amazing news so far. Cant wait to hear the rest if the news

Desmond, you usually notice the details. How come you're overlooking the significant number of test subjects who lost hair at the 6-month mark? Aren't you even a little curious how things turned out for them?

br1

Reaction score
Desmond, you usually notice the details. How come you're overlooking the significant number of test subjects who lost hair at the 6-month mark? Aren't you even a little curious how things turned out for them?
I might have missed something, but where is it written that some subjects lost hair? I thought all of them responded, as per this statement:

While there was a high degree of variability in hair density between individual participants at 24 months post-injection compared to baseline, an overall stabilization of hair loss was observed among all the patients treated per protocol.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
upload_2017-3-15_20-12-12.png

I just laughed reading this
fml

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Replicel never said they were non-responders, they just had some extra hair loss over baseline and they're saying now their hair loss stabilized too.. If they didn't lose any further hair over the 5 year period (the 5 year data will be released soon) then they did respond.

I don't want to criticize you for being negative, but could you take a bit more of a realistic look to the situation? I commend you for your skepticism. We eventually still need to have people do the treatment and show their 1 year result before we know if things actually work. But the upcoming 5 year efficacy study result will be crucial. After that we might get some extra presentations from the Replicel and then in H2 2018 we'll get Shisedo's trial data.

* Whether or not Replicel said they were non-responders there were. Some of their test subjects lost hair at the 6-month mark.

* What do you mean that Replicel is now saying that the non-responders hair loss stabilized too. Please show me where Replicel explicitly states that the 6-month non-responders stabilized too.

* Even if the non-responders also stabilized, at what point in hair loss did they stabilize? Did the non-responders stabilize at the 6-month mark when they had lost some hair? Did they regrow they regrow the hair they lost at the 6-month mark, go back to baseline, and stabilize at the baseline number? Did they gain more hair than baseline and then stabilize?

* Did Replicel even include the 6-month non-responders in their recent information?

Last edited:

RichieRich

My Regimen
Reaction score
* Whether Replicel said they had non-responders or not, they did have non-responers. Some of their test subjects lost hair at the 6-month mark.

* What do you mean that Replicel is now saying that the non-responders hair loss stabilized too. Please show me where Replicel explicitly states that the 6-month non-responders stabilized too.

* Even if the non-responders also stabilized, at what point in hair loss did they stabilize? Did the non-responders stabilize at the 6-month mark when they had lost some hair? Did they regrow they regrow the hair they lost at the 6-month mark, go back to baseline, and stabilize at the baseline number? Did they gain more hair than baseline and then stabilize?

* Did Replicel even include the 6-month non-responders in their recent information?

How many times do you smile a day?

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am i the only one who's intrigued by this eventhough the expectations should be high enough for investors after the release yesterday ???
upload_2017-3-15_20-28-51.png

Seriously it just keeps going down it was -4% 30 minutes ago

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
How many times do you smile a day?

Rich, Are you saying people should ignore unresolved issues and assume the best?

Are you saying that smiling is more important than the facts?

I'll smile when all of the questions are answered.

I've been losing hair a long time and I've seen a lot of hype and bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: WH7

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I might have missed something, but where is it written that some subjects lost hair? I thought all of them responded, as per this statement:

While there was a high degree of variability in hair density between individual participants at 24 months post-injection compared to baseline, an overall stabilization of hair loss was observed among all the patients treated per protocol.

It's been posted many times.

A significant number of patients lost hair at the 6 month mark. And it was not 2 or 3 hairs. It was a significant amount of hair loss.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Out of curiosity what norwood are you?

About NW5 or NW6 with sparse thin hairs on top.

That aside, why aren't you curious what happened with the test subjects who lost hair at the 6 month mark? About 30% of the patients lost hair and it was a significant amount of hair.

Last edited:

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That aside, why aren't you curious what happened with the test subjects who lost hair at the 6 month mark? About 30% of the patients lost hair and it was a significant amount of hair.
Guys are we sure there aren't any control patients in there? You know, like placebo injections?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Guys read this article about Replicel at the 6-month mark:

http://www.regrowshair.com/non-surg...replicel-releases-hair-cloning-trial-updates/

Here is the key quote:

"However, other participants reported density decreases/losses as high as 6.2%."

These are not control/placebo patients. These patients who lost hair at the 6-month mark got active therapy.

Last edited:

RichieRich

My Regimen
Reaction score

Of course I'm interested in those so called non responders, maybe they suffered a bit of telogen effluvium as a result of the injection? Time will tell, tweet them and ask maybe? They seem pretty responsive on twitter.

br1

Reaction score
Wait, they are in business since 1967 ? Like, 50 f*****g years?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Of course I'm interested in those so called non responders, maybe they suffered a bit of telogen effluvium as a result of the injection? Time will tell, tweet them and ask maybe? They seem pretty responsive on twitter.

If Replicel had explained what became of these non-responders and the explanation was good I would be happy. Other than this one non-responder issue, I think the Replicel 24-month results are the biggest breakthrough in hair loss since the very first hair transplant. Replicel's 24-month results mean that millions and millions of additional people, myself included, could get a pretty good result with hair transplantation without having to worry that our transplanted donor hairs might get thinner and finer over time, depending on the outcome of the non-responder issue.

That's right, I think the 2017 Replicel results are potentially a bigger breakthrough than minoxidil or propecia, depending on how the 6-month non-responder issue plays out.

Last edited: