Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I also think this paragraph is VERY important.

They need to find out why the treatment didn't work on some patients. Either this treatment does work or it doesn't work. And if it does work then it should work on everyone IMO. This is not like minoxidil where some juice is being applied to the scalp. In Replicel's case, cells are being injected directly to the follicles and the test subjects should all be either responders or nonresponders. They need to get to the bottom of this.

So my response is to your inductivity comment... So hypothetically because of inductivity issues replicel may struggle inducing new hair, but what if you used follica to create hundreds of vellus hairs, then used replicel. Would the inductivity issue prevent the dsc cells from developing the cellys hairs into terminal hairs? Just curious... oh and @inham123 they don't have data for 5 years of efficacy trials specifically, sheisido will be releasing the efficacy data they've gathered at I believe the end of the year, but it isn't 5 year data.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
So my response is to your inductivity comment... So hypothetically because of inductivity issues replicel may struggle inducing new hair, but what if you used follica to create hundreds of vellus hairs, then used replicel. Would the inductivity issue prevent the dsc cells from developing the cellys hairs into terminal hairs?

I don't know. That remains to be seen. BUT if Replicel caused some hair regrowth it probably regrew the hairs that were only partially miniaturized. Fully miniaturized hairs (peach fuzz) would be hardest to regrow because they've shrunk a lot. I hope that repeat Replicel injections might help the peach fuzz but this remains to be seen. So whether or not Replicel can help follicles created by Follica may depend on how developed the Follica follicles are.

Last edited:

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the 6-month study there were some nonresponders.

If they're saying now that after the 2 1/2 years data ALL patient's hair loss stopped (stayed at least the same as baseline) that may means that there were NO nonresponders. But they need to address this issue because the 6 month data showed some nonresponders.
Replicel never said they were non-responders, they just had some extra hair loss over baseline and they're saying now their hair loss stabilized too.. If they didn't lose any further hair over the 5 year period (the 5 year data will be released soon) then they did respond.

I don't want to criticize you for being negative, but could you take a bit more of a realistic look to the situation? I commend you for your skepticism. We eventually still need to have people do the treatment and show their 1 year result before we know if things actually work. But the upcoming 5 year efficacy study result will be crucial. After that we might get some extra presentations from the Replicel and then in H2 2018 we'll get Shisedo's trial data.

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen "results". Not replicel.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW

People who had hairs below baseline could still have had hair regrowth, just existing hair numbers declining faster than new hair being grown. So the people below baseline could still be both stabilizing (if the 5 year data shows this) and could also still get hair regrowth (we can't proof this I guess).

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel never said they were non-responders, they just had some extra hair loss over baseline and they're saying now their hair loss stabilized too.. If they didn't lose any further hair over the 5 year period (the 5 year data will be released soon) then they did respond.

I don't want to criticize you for being negative, but could you take a bit more of a realistic look to the situation? I commend you for your skepticism. We eventually still need to have people do the treatment and show their 1 year result before we know if things actually work. But the upcoming 5 year efficacy study result will be crucial. After that we might get some extra presentations from the Replicel and then in H2 2018 we'll get Shisedo's trial data.
They are not releasing 5 year efficacy data. They stated that they will release 24 month data for efficacy and 5 year data for safety, which they have done now.

Also, it's funny how every time a company releases some news about their products and treatments we are left with even more questions than answers. I'm guessing it must be very frustrating for the companies themselves as well that they cannot give out too much information they are not certain about, as they will be crucified by angry baldies if they are slightly off their marks.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the press release from today they state:

An analysis of injection site biopsies taken 60.5 months after injection is currently ongoing with results expected in the next few weeks.

They already mentioned before that they're gonna release it in Q2 2017.

Replicel had a 4-5 year delay because GE removed the culture medium they were using from their market and they had to do a lot of extensive communications with the relevant regulatory authorities to make sure this Phase 1 study is still valid as it uses the GE medium while the final product (and Shisedo study??) don't. Plus of course finding a replacement and checking everything.

------

If this product turns non-permanent hair grafts into permanent ones than it will significantly increase the donor region for hair transplants for most people.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where tf have you been man

Been fairly busy lately but also, for the last month or close to it, I would always get 404 errors and the site ran super slow for me.

Anyway, pleasing news; I will add the link to the press release and what not in the OP.

Fue and replicell would be me cured by age of 25/26.. I'l drink to that ;)

I'll be somewhere from 26-28. Light at the end of the fuckin' tunnel.

RichieRich

My Regimen
Reaction score
It surely also makes hair transplant a viable option because people wouldn't have to be so concerned about future loss in non transplanted areas

Does anyone know how many hairs Replicell/Shishedo would take from the head? Say if you had a hair transplant would you have to be like can you leave a little area of x amount of hairs because i need them for rep/shi?

RichieRich

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been fairly busy lately but also, for the last month or close to it, I would always get 404 errors and the site ran super slow for me.

Anyway, pleasing news; I will add the link to the press release and what not in the OP.

I'll be somewhere from 26-28. Light at the end of the fuckin' tunnel.

Would you consider an fue now? And then go japan 2018/19 to immunise the remaining native hair?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many hairs Replicell/Shishedo would take from the head? Say if you had a hair transplant would you have to be like can you leave a little area of x amount of hairs because i need them for rep/shi?

A tiny punch biopsy. I recall it being less than 100 hair and I recall them saying it's taken from the back/side of the head closer to the ear.

So unless you get an absolutely insane FUE/FUT, you should be just fine.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you consider an fue now? And then go japan 2018/19 to immunise the remaining native hair?

Yeah, probably. I'm still waiting to hit the 1 year mark on finasteride and minoxidil before proceeding, but so far it seems to be working. Recently had my hair cut shorter and I don't seem to have any further recession and the beginnings of diffuse patches look either much better than they did or completely gone

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
And the Moron of the Month Award goes to... pegasus2. Congratu-f**king-lations!!!
Tell me one thing that is wrong about what I said, and why it is wrong. You can't, because you don't think for yourself, you just follow your God-Emperor Musk, the con man. All you have is name calling.

As for the results. It looks like all the Replicel gadgets are happy. I'm actually disappointed. This is what I expected. I was hoping for a pleasant surprise. Oh well, regrowth was always a longshot.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
So I think they've said they expect Shiseido results in second half of 2018. So that means at the earliest we could see this on the Japanese market is in 2019. For a vaccine type of an approach for some of us here that will be too little too late. However I still want it to see the light of day...

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I think they've said they expect Shiseido results in second half of 2018. So that means at the earliest we could see this on the Japanese market is in 2019. For a vaccine type of an approach for some of us here that will be too little too late. However I still want it to see the light of day...

I needed this 5 years ago lol

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, probably. I'm still waiting to hit the 1 year mark on finasteride and minoxidil before proceeding, but so far it seems to be working. Recently had my hair cut shorter and I don't seem to have any further recession and the beginnings of diffuse patches look either much better than they did or completely gone

Any noticeable side effects?