Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys come on I'm the last person here to delegitimize serious attempts for a hair loss cure but Elon Musk? The man is working 100 hours a week on space travel and electric cars, he once risked going bankrupt for that work even tho he was a billionaire. Being interested in a cure is one thing, allocating time and money is another. I'm sure he doesn't (financially speaking) give a f*** about cancer, let alone baldness. If u think there's a chance we can get him into this I'm sorry but you're out of touch with reality.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Huh? Im seriously considering contacting Elon about his fight with hairloss, because he really seems to have found the cure in his case. Im wondering if it is just hairtransplant + finasteride or if its something else. Seems too good result to be just that imo. He would need major hair transplant + main thing - he managed to completely reverse his further hairloss ,which is hard to believe just with finasteride given his very aggresive early
hairloss.
jX3EOIV.png

Plus Im sure he completely understands the impact of hairloss, given he experienced it at young age as a public figure.

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
Waiting for someone with better reading comprehension to break down what that means. But phase 1? Isn't there another 2 phases before this can even potentially go to market? How far away is this?

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
'six months post-injection with an average increase of 11.8%'

'While there was a high degree of variability in hair density between individual participants at 24 months post-injection compared to baseline, an overall stabilization of hair loss was observed among all the patients treated per protocol.'

I mean, that's pretty good isn't? obviously it depends on your expectations of what they were doing with this product, but I personally wasn't anticipating a significant reversal of hair loss, stabilising hair loss would be strong progress though would't it?

Reaction score
This is great results, they stabilized hair loss after 24 months and it passed all safety issues (obviously a huge mandate). Phase 1 trials are designed mostly for this, to pass safety and show some form of results.

Phase 2 trials are about efficacy and that will dictate hair count more then anything else. Either way something that stops hair loss and gives me 2-3 percent regrowth? that is AMAZING to me.

PrinceWilliamThe2nd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Elon Musk is so overrated as a visionary and intellectual. He is a damn good salesman though. He convinced the world that battery powered cars are a good idea. All he did was create massive malinvestment, and make himself rich at the future's expense. There is new battery tech on the horizon that will make electric cars a good idea, but all this investment in electric cars would've been better off going into fuel cells. Electric power isn't good for the environment. The batteries don't last forever, and the electricity comes from power plants that pollute. And what happens when everyone is driving electric cars? We are going to need a lot more power plants, or electric prices will skyrocket, and the middle class will be turning down the thermostat or parking their vehicle.

And the Moron of the Month Award goes to... pegasus2. Congratu-f**king-lations!!!

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They haven't posted the results at clinivaltrials.gov. it says the study is complete but no result...... All we have is cherry picked results from replicel...

What about the people who lost hair in the first 6 months?? Did their hairloss "stabilize" too? Does that mean they returned to baseline or just stopped losing additional hair???

I mean the results they do mention sound amazing, but I have grown skeptical and leary with replicel and expect them to not fully disclose any negative results. I really want to see the results posted on clinicaltrials.gov instead of taking replicels word at face value (statistics and verbiage can be manipulated for almost any desired outcome).

Last edited:

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
I havent seen the exact results. But it seems the responders had above baseline hair count after two years. I am more interested in non responderd. However this could have potential for early Androgenetic Alopecia and low Norwoods to keep their hair. We now have to wait for Shiseido results.
There we need to seee
EfficAcy with multiple injections, responder rate and the price. As far as Im concerned this is neither good nor bad.
On my mobile...

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The 'results' are just a nice write up of what we already know. Its even on their website. http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Phase-I-Interim-Analysis-Nov-2012.pdf
http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Phase-I-Interim-Analysis-Nov-2012.pdf

New is just that its safe over five years.
What is interesting to me is that they suggest that more and smaller doses are more effective than the single large dose from the trial. So maybe the injection has to take place when the follicle switches from catagen to anagen. That could mean better results in the trial of Shiseido.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The results sound very good, stabilization of hair loss it seems + sustained hair growth and with just one injection? Money quote:

an overall stabilization of hair loss was observed among all the patients treated per protocol.

Very, very exciting. Now waiting for the 5 year efficacy data (is it coming out later this year?)! And then Shisedo trial data in H2 2018 for the Replicel tech and then we can hopefully try it out in late 2018 or in 2019 depending on when Shisedo decides to commercialize the tech. Very good news.

Hopefully Replicel gets some media attention for this. Maybe with multiple injections more regrowth is possible?

Do we have any idea if they were testing on the hair line or crown area or what area of the scalp?

EDIT: The article mentions how the trial they did was not using the dermal injector device they made...and they claim with the device they can control the injections better (reasonable claim). Very interesting.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just noticed the trial includes both males and females, do we know how many of the males experienced regrowth/stabilized hair?

Very important to know this...we should definitely ask if we don't already know about this.

I also really want to know when they're gonna release the five year efficacy data..

Is the Replicel approach similar to the Anderans one? Didn't they also note stablization of hair loss before doing wigs?

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
The 'results' are just a nice write up of what we already know. Its even on their website.
http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Phase-I-Interim-Analysis-Nov-2012.pdf

New is just that its safe over five years.
What is interesting to me is that they suggest that more and smaller doses are more effective than the single large dose from the trial. So maybe the injection has to take place when the follicle switches from catagen to anagen. That could mean better results in the trial of Shiseido.
6 months vs. 24 months... Why would one spend 30 seconds to read this when he can speak without having done so.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
An analysis of injection site biopsies taken 60.5 months after injection is currently ongoing with results expected in the next few weeks
Is this referencing efficacy data for 5 years?

NNocim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Waiting for someone with better reading comprehension to break down what that means. But phase 1? Isn't there another 2 phases before this can even potentially go to market? How far away is this?
about 10 years?
minimum 5 years?

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Late 2018 or in 2019 in Japan depending on when Shisedo decided to commercialize it.

Reactions: br1
Reaction score
Lets play Devils advocate
1.some peoples has loss naturally stop at certain norwood anyways and low sample sizes means this could be the case

2. Only the females were the major responders

3.I would like to see how that one person who lost like 10% in 6months responded specifically at the 24m mark. To see if it got worse or turned around for him somewhat.

Outside of that this is great news barring some hidden unposted data

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Replicel is successful, will people be able to go to Japan to get it done like people currently travel for hair transplants?

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably but we do not know Replicel is successful until someone gets it done in Japan and we then check his results after one year. Although I really doubt it in this case, it still could be that they falsified their study data or the treatment has certain gotchas which decrease the effectiveness.

Also, I'm not sure when it will be available in the US and European countries, in the best case where they find someone to commercialize it? Anyone have any idea about that? What studies do they still need to do? Phase 2 European trials or can they just use the Shisedo study that will be out in H2 2018?