Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what does "data in February" translate to in the hairloss industry? Another 2-3 months delay or is the data going to be released at any moment now?

Pablo234

Reaction score

Can someone tell me the reason as to why the 12 and 24 month efficacy data was locked until the 5 year period was up? Is this a standard protocol, or is it at discression of the company?

Also, this being the case with the results being locked ... does this mean that Shiseido themselves will not have seen the 12 and 24 month efficacy data results, before signing their licensing deal?

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Small increases maybe :/ but how small?
Not aware of a study. Look at shiseido's video part 2. He says it himself. Here

Wow that video in Japanese with the Japanese subtitles was super enlightening!!

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow that video in Japanese with the Japanese subtitles was super enlightening!!
Just tinker with the subs they're in English for me

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Choose:
1)Start a f*****g movement to raise awareness of the problem (there are plenty of ridiculous ones and TBH ours will not look as ridiculous as nofapsters). If it gets popular, it will show the demand.
2)Get rich and fund your own treatment. (Like Sammumed dude did)
3)Make a f*****g kickstarter to fund a treatment (Somebody will probably take your money and run away and it is always risky, it may not even work).
4)Waiting game (Wait for Brotzu, Histogen, Follica, etc., etc.. until your youth is over or you die)
5)Cry in a corner or pretend that you don't give a f*** about balding.
Seriously, start a movement.
Dont be ashamed to post and support on social media.
Get an opinion leader.
Its not relying on anyone else. Not the forum mod, not some celebrities, not another depressed fellow baldite. At the end of the day, no one gives a sh*t to your suffering. It relies on YOU.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Yes they are, for our purposes. Preserved follicles still have to cycle normally and dermal papillas still have to send all the necessary signals for this to happen. You could say they're different in that preserving the follicle doesn't need the original formation we see maintained through telogen but my previous point still stands. Plus, I think forming a follicle has more to do with proper structure of the cells. When Tsuji tried injecting a bunch of dp's and stem cells to grow hair it didn't work, he had to keep them closely together in collagen gel. Replicel isn't doing that, so unless dsc cells have properties I'm not aware of, like 1 of them multiplying into numerous dp's in the skin and recruiting epithelial stem cells, then it seems reasonable to expect replicel not to grow new hairs.

I still haven't looked over the video you supplied. I will later but right now I want to run something by you.

I agree that structure causes cells to aggregate but perhaps once cells aggregate that's the only time inductivity is needed - to make aggregated cells morph into complex follicles.

It's my understanding that even when scientists use good structures to make cells aggregate they still can't make those aggregated cells morph into perfect follicles if the cells have lost inductivity. I think this proves that while structure alone makes cells aggregate, structure alone can't make the aggregated cells morph into correct complex follicles. I think this proves that inductivity is needed to turn aggregated cells into correct complex follicles.

But that *might* be where inductivity's usefulness ends, and perhaps once follicles are formed they no longer need cells to be induced.

Maybe maintaining follicles requires less and/or different signals than the signals required to morph aggregated cells into complex follicles. As a matter of fact, it seems like that could be the case or else hair cells would constantly be creating new follicles and that isn't happening or else your skin would get clogged with hair follicles.

And fat cells also emit signals. It's my understanding that hair cells and fat cells emit signals that interact and that interaction enlarges follicles. I wonder if perhaps adding the stuff that fat cells emit to Replicel's hair cells might revitalize existing hairs? In other words, Replicel + Histogen injections could = elongation of shrunk follicles.

Last edited:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Until the scientists do not realize that the sebaceous gland, and sebum that produces the same, is vital for the hair to grow naturally, they do not succeed in growing a terminal hair.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
How about 6.) Write a letter to Elon Musk and ask him if he is willing to cure baldness!?

Seriously, why not? Even if he chooses not to invest, he might at least give his reasons. That would still give us some much needed perspective because the lack of funding in general really is perplexing.

Or as CharAblaze and WMQ suggest, start spreading awareness. It doesn't matter which way you go, as long as you try something. I don't know what approach will eventually pay off but as you can see, waiting sure as hell won't. The more things we try, the better our chances.

I'm regularly bringing up hair loss and the effects it has on a person's psyche in online discussions; From articles on Prince William and Justin Bieber to breakthroughs in medicine and technology. Nothing aggressive, just stressing the need to break the taboo and develop effective treatments.

So far I've had surprisingly good reactions with people admitting they honestly had no idea it was that bad.

I'll also start compiling sociological and psychological research on the effects of baldness soon. Stuff we can refer to when arguing our case. And if I find those sources to be scarce, I might even write to the psychology departments of my country's universities, encouraging them to undertake research in this field or suggest it to their students.

There's plenty of options. We're already investing so much time and energy into the discussions we hold here, so why not put all that eloquence to good use elsewhere as well?

The first thing we need to do, though, is shake off the internalized belief that fighting this is stupid. We know how we feel and how this sh*t has affected us. There is no shame in fighting for your life - because absolutely no one will if you don't.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any thoughts on what Replicel will be presenting on April 7 in Vancouver? I'd post a link but it's at btt. It's a conference chaired by Dr Mwamba on what looks like hair transplants.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Elon Musk is so overrated as a visionary and intellectual. He is a damn good salesman though. He convinced the world that battery powered cars are a good idea. All he did was create massive malinvestment, and make himself rich at the future's expense. There is new battery tech on the horizon that will make electric cars a good idea, but all this investment in electric cars would've been better off going into fuel cells. Electric power isn't good for the environment. The batteries don't last forever, and the electricity comes from power plants that pollute. And what happens when everyone is driving electric cars? We are going to need a lot more power plants, or electric prices will skyrocket, and the middle class will be turning down the thermostat or parking their vehicle.