Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't need to be; there is literally no doubt that they will do absolutely JAK sh*t for Androgenetic Alopecia

A guy took oral JAK, got his hair back from AA but had like a NW4 pattern.

Neal Walker's explanation for this was some BS about how "Topical JAK will better reach the follicle because oral drugs don't" or something along those lines.

Which, as Swoop has thoroughly explained here: Is horseshit.

There is no shortage of studies out there showing how oral drugs have no problem reaching as far as the outermost layers of the skin. Finasteride does it, oral minoxidil does, acne medications obviously do, and even JAK inhibitors do.

Case closed; if JAK inhibitors were going to work for Androgenetic Alopecia, we would have definitely seen it by now in male patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who were also treated for AA — JAK is a cope.

Lastly, I've repeatedly asked proponents of it to explain to me how, after fibrosis has set in and your little follicles have gone to hell, how JAK or other topicals are going to create new follicles to replace them and the best I've got is "durr, I'm not educating you!" in 3-paragraph-long rants when the answer to my question should take 3 sentences at most.

Not only will oral equivalent to minoxidil ''reach as far as the outermost layers of the skin'', but will prolly also outdo the topical version actually. As is with finasteride, tretinoin etc. We have so much evidence and anecdotes on this that I'm baffled by the fact we are still talkinig about JAK in case of Androgenetic Alopecia. I too would like the reality to be different, but it is what it is...

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
I see, will they release it in those countries around the same time frame as in Japan?

According to Replicel : " The Agreement encompasses a geographic area including Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan " not Indonesia as Christian Miller said And ASEAN countries (Indonesia too ) . So Thank you Christian Miller ;)

Source
: http://replicel.com/replicel-and-sh...-and-exclusive-geographic-technology-license/

There is no mention yet as to when it will launch. A conditional time-limited marketing authorization will be given to a regenerative medecine product like RCH-01 but only for the market of Japan. Each country has his rules and laws. I don't think it would be the same time frame...

Last edited:

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to Replicel : " The Agreement encompasses a geographic area including Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan " Not Indonesia as Christian Miller said ;)

Source : http://replicel.com/replicel-and-sh...-and-exclusive-geographic-technology-license/

There is no mention yet as to when it will launch. A conditional time-limited marketing authorization will be given to a regenerative medecine product like RCH-01 but only for the market of Japan. Each country has his rules and laws. I don't think it would be the same time frame...
You are so valuable to this community, Noisette.
Merci beaucoup!

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to Replicel : " The Agreement encompasses a geographic area including Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan " not Indonesia as Christian Miller said And ASEAN countries (Indonesia too ) . So Thank you Christian Miller ;)

Source
: http://replicel.com/replicel-and-sh...-and-exclusive-geographic-technology-license/

Thanks mate. Cheers

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Source

When this is available we have to go to Japan, it wont be licensed right away..Is that the idea?

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
I wrote what Lee Buckler said about RCH-O1 in this interview. No news, and maybe already published here, if so, I'm sorry :)

" Right, so we're exited about this product. There's an incredible consumer demand for better solutions, for thinning hair and hair loss in both men and women.

We published data in a human clinical trial in 2012. That was a six month post-injection. We followed up with those patients for five years now and studied the safety profile of the product.
This was a high dose of injection of cells. Looking really to test the limits of whether there was any safety concerns with an injection of cells in the short term or long term.

The good news is : we found absolutely no concerns. Five years in, following these patients up. More importantly, we saw a wide variety of hair density responses including a segment of patients that responded very well and their response maintained through 24 months.

So, our job now is to take that pocket of responders, take the maturation of the product that we've been pursuing since we originally launched that trial.

We have what we think is now a more robust product. We can pursue multiple injections of the product. We can pursue different doses of the product that we think will lead to better results. And really drive this into next phase clinical development where we expect to see higher density results amongst a wider variety of participants
".

Maybe Shiseido already test it with their clinical study (multiple injections of the product. High dose, medium dose and low dose)

Clinical trial : https://upload.umin.ac.jp/cgi-open-bin/ctr_e/ctr_view.cgi?recptno=R000026894

Shiseido.jpg

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like they are talking about their first trial and don't know about the exact numbers and outcomes of a phase 2 trial unless Shiseido told them.
So Shiseido is the real deal here and it will be more important what they say and publish with their phase 2 because they are years ahead of replicel.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
So my understanding was that Replicel and Shisheido had a deal which included for them to share the data. Replicel did not gave Shisheido the data in time (if not mistaken) so thedeal was broken and basically Shisheido is doing is own thing with the technology now and having the monopole in Asia?
I am right??
Shiseido had the rights to sell this in Asia from the beginning and replicel didn't started the phase 2 trial because of their "lack of money" or whatever reason they had, so they "couldn't" provide the data that was promised although they had to

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. As I've been saying for a while now, this stuff is the real deal and the nearest hope.

Hopefully, the phase II will show even more regrowth, but I'd and travel and pay for it even if it can only improve and maintain existing hair with a some regrowth.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
30-50/cm² hairs from Shiseido,30-50 from Follica and a little bit Brotzu or something else and I would be happy until 2020 or even 2025 until Tsuji is cheap enough

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
So my understanding was that Replicel and Shisheido had a deal which included for them to share the data. Replicel did not gave Shisheido the data in time (if not mistaken) so thedeal was broken and basically Shisheido is doing is own thing with the technology now and having the monopole in Asia?
I am right??

Yes PBB :) It seems that there is a "breach of contract" . Legally, one party's failure to fulfill any of its contractual obligations. I didn't know that Replicel didn't gave data in time to Shiseido. Thank you for this precision Mademoiselle PBB :) . Much appreciated.

Here we can read that their relationship remains in good standing according to Replicel (April 2017) . Shiseido and Replicel co-developed RCH-01 product. Shiseido has an an exclusive marketing license to the product for certain Asian countries. Shiseido has the monopole on this geographic area.

" In Japan, we are pleased Shiseido continues to fund the two-site clinical research study for pattern baldness (RCH-01). While our relationship continues to be troubled to the point of alleged breach and termination, there has been no litigation, arbitration or other dispute resolution triggered. We continue to maintain our position that the agreement and relationship remains in good standing. Recent correspondence suggests the possibility of resuming discussions between the parties under certain conditions. We look forward to data from the Japanese RCH-01 (pattern baldness) study anticipated sometime in 2018 and continue to develop our own plans around the asset for markets outside Asia" .

source: http://replicel.com/replicel-ceo-provides-2017-forecast/