Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick observation after having watched some Replicel/Lee Buckler interviews...

I've noticed that Buckler seems to open by mentioning androgenetic alopecia, but then immediately pivots to other treatments under development and how the company was "diversified." It just comes across as trying to quell expectations for RCH01. First you generate interest and investors in the company floating a balding cure, then pivot to the more attainable treatments.

Their other treatments are the bigger deal to most people, sadly and to be fair; they've shown superior results in their phase 1.

The tendon regeneration thing is huge, especially for sports medicine.

The skin regeneration will be their flagship treatment and is what will make that company worth shitloads; just look up what the anti-aging (skin) industry is set to hit globally by 2020.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Their other treatments are the bigger deal to most people, sadly and to be fair; they've shown superior results in their phase 1.

The tendon regeneration thing is huge, especially for sports medicine.

The skin regeneration will be their flagship treatment and is what will make that company worth shitloads; just look up what the anti-aging (skin) industry is set to hit globally by 2020.

I am having a bad hair day.

I hope this comes out relatively soon.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I am having a bad hair day.

I hope this comes out relatively soon.

Me too. I guess I was under a mistaken impression, when I started researching hair loss in 2016, everywhere I went I saw "unprecedented year!" "Biggest year for hair loss news ever!" "We're gonna make it bros!" ....but I guess it was mostly hype? I had no sense of how it was previously, so I had no frame of reference. I just don't understand why this can't be tackled. When I see peers (and older) without hair loss I look at them with complete awe - I can't fathom how incredible it must be to not have a disgusting graveyard on top of their head. Truly it's as though I'm looking out at them from within a prison cell. Tell me what it's like on the outside? Very sad.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too. I guess I was under a mistaken impression, when I started researching hair loss in 2016, everywhere I went I saw "unprecedented year!" "Biggest year for hair loss news ever!" "We're gonna make it bros!" ....but I guess it was mostly hype? I had no sense of how it was previously, so I had no frame of reference. I just don't understand why this can't be tackled. When I see peers (and older) without hair loss I look at them with complete awe - I can't fathom how incredible it must be to not have a disgusting graveyard on top of their head. Truly it's as though I'm looking out at them from within a prison cell. Tell me what it's like on the outside? Very sad.

It is horrible because we are so close..in the 'history' of the world sort of way its super close but still so far..(how does that quote go? LOL)

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I love how all the thread titles in this forum are ironical now. Italian hair loss lotion to hit the market! Replicel is on fire! We're gonna make it brah!

Now when I read them I just hear the violin theme song from Schindlers List.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love how all the thread titles in this forum are ironical now. Italian hair loss lotion to hit the market! Replicel is on fire! We're gonna make it brah!

Now when I read them I just hear the violin theme song from Schindlers List.

See I joined the forum a few months ago and I totally agree man. But luckily, even back then @inmyhead had already proposed a fool-proof plan to speed things along with Fidia and see that got me thinking... this might be a broadly applicable strategy.

maybe lets do one suicide once a week until we get lotion from fidia? I won't be the one starting though
Pepe-the-frog-memes.jpg

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

To be fair, 2016 was, as far as I'm aware, an unprecedented year regarding developing hairloss treatments....

It is horrible because we are so close..in the 'history' of the world sort of way its super close but still so far..(how does that quote go? LOL)

...It's just that 2017 has been enlightening in actually putting those things into perspective.

Histogen may as well give up at this point.

Tsuji appears to be the only real hope for "hair cloning" in the future relevant to most of us here.

Maybe, possibly, kinda, one day, probably...in 2018...ish, we will know if FIDIA's lotion is a suitable alternative to finasteride and minoxidil.

RepliCel's phase 1 had good results for its initial trial and gives hope to those who aren't significantly bald.

and Shiseido and Follica will almost certainly be the first new hairloss treatments that will be available in the next few years.

"experiments in mice"

and finally, topicals like Samumed and JAK continue to fail miserably for Androgenetic Alopecia — as is tradition.

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be fair, 2016 was, as far as I'm aware, an unprecedented year regarding developing hairloss treatments....

...It's just that 2017 has been enlightening in actually putting those things into perspective.

Histogen may as well give up at this point.

Tsuji appears to be the only real hope for "hair cloning" in the future relevant to most of us here.

Maybe, possibly, kinda, one day, probably...in 2018...ish, we will know if FIDIA's lotion is a suitable alternative to finasteride and minoxidil.

RepliCel's phase 1 had good results for its initial trial and gives hope to those who aren't significantly bald.

and Shiseido and Follica will almost certainly be the first new hairloss treatments that will be available in the next few years.

"experiments in mice"

and finally, topicals like Samumed and JAK continue to fail miserably for Androgenetic Alopecia — as is tradition.
LOL
Why are you constantly shitting on JAK inhibitors, man?
There haven't been pre-clinical trials yet.
Chill out, bro'.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I was listening to hellouser's (and btw, I just figured out that it's "hello user" and not "hell ouser" lol, so take everything I say with a grain of salt) interview with Lee Buckler and a doctor connected to Replicel, from 2015, and they were very dismissive of wounding. I think the doctor called it a "myth." Buckler said it might be temporarily effective but its not "durative," like Replicel. I guess they are competition for one another so who knows but I thought that was interesting.

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was listening to hellouser's (and btw, I just figured out that it's "hello user" and not "hell ouser" lol, so take everything I say with a grain of salt) interview with Lee Buckler and a doctor connected to Replicel, from 2015, and they were very dismissive of wounding. I think the doctor called it a "myth." Buckler said it might be temporarily effective but its not "durative," like Replicel. I guess they are competition for one another so who knows but I thought that was interesting.
If it is a mere myth, why are phase III trials being conducted, in the first place?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL
Chill out, bro'.

Doesn't need to be; there is literally no doubt that they will do absolutely JAK sh*t for Androgenetic Alopecia

A guy took oral JAK, got his hair back from AA but had like a NW4 pattern.

Neal Walker's explanation for this was some BS about how "Topical JAK will better reach the follicle because oral drugs don't" or something along those lines.

Which, as Swoop has thoroughly explained here: Is horseshit.

There is no shortage of studies out there showing how oral drugs have no problem reaching as far as the outermost layers of the skin. Finasteride does it, oral minoxidil does, acne medications obviously do, and even JAK inhibitors do.

Case closed; if JAK inhibitors were going to work for Androgenetic Alopecia, we would have definitely seen it by now in male patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who were also treated for AA — JAK is a cope.

Lastly, I've repeatedly asked proponents of it to explain to me how, after fibrosis has set in and your little follicles have gone to hell, how JAK or other topicals are going to create new follicles to replace them and the best I've got is "durr, I'm not educating you!" in 3-paragraph-long rants when the answer to my question should take 3 sentences at most.

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't need to be; there is literally no doubt that they will do absolutely JAK sh*t for Androgenetic Alopecia

A guy took oral JAK, got his hair back from AA but had like a NW4 pattern.

Neal Walker's explanation for this was some BS about how "Topical JAK will better reach the follicle because oral drugs don't" or something along those lines.

Which, as Swoop has thoroughly explained here: Is horseshit.

There is no shortage of studies out there showing how oral drugs have no problem reaching as far as the outermost layers of the skin. Finasteride does it, oral minoxidil does, acne medications obviously do, and even JAK inhibitors do.

Case closed; if JAK inhibitors were going to work for Androgenetic Alopecia, we would have definitely seen it by now in male patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who were also treated for AA — JAK is a cope.

Lastly, I've repeatedly asked proponents of it to explain to me how, after fibrosis has set in and your little follicles have gone to hell, how JAK or other topicals are going to create new follicles to replace them and the best I've got is "durr, I'm not educating you!" in 3-paragraph-long rants when the answer to my question should take 3 sentences at most.
It's interesting you mentioned fibrosis.
You do know what fibrosis is the outcome of. Inflammation.
Do you know what inflammation results in except fibrosis?
Degeneration and structural distortion of the area affected.
Does it happen overnight?
Nope. It takes time. Is there a window? Maybe.
Is it propable that the AA patient who also had male pattern baldness was past that window?
Most probably.
Therefore, nobody can really know the effect of JAK inhibitors, let's say, on a 30-year-old man who is just realizing "Man, I'm losing my damn hair!".
Moreover, oral minoxidil can cause severe side-effects so, PLEASE, don't ever say that again. You don't want to mislead people, do you?
Last but not least, the local concentration of a substance is key. Topical application may be more effective than systemic one.

My advice, you better not act like the wise man. Neither me nor anybody else.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Moreover, oral minoxidil can cause severe side-effects so, PLEASE, don't ever say that again

Who cares

Has nothing to do with the point and all of your other points are simply speculation grounded in what, exactly?

How are JAK inhibitors going to restore long-lost hair due to Androgenetic Alopecia?

H

Reaction score
LOL
Chill out, bro'.
I'd have to agree with That Guy on jaks even if they did work would you really want to maintain it long term by inhibiting your immune system?

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares

Has nothing to do with the point and all of your other points are simply speculation grounded in what, exactly?

How are JAK inhibitors going to restore long-lost hair due to Androgenetic Alopecia?
I thought you would understand why I alerted you not to mention oral intake of minoxidil. Minoxidil is a very powerful drug, if taken orally. It can cause arrhythmias, for Tsuji's sake.

Moving on, my two points are:
I) The fact that a middle-aged man didn't grow back his pre-nw4 hair may mean nothing, actually, in regard to Jak inhibitors' potential as anti-hairloss treatment. He may have been nw4 for more than a decade and, in that time frame, all his follicles pre-nw4 may have died already. However, if somebody has just been losing hair, let's say, for six months, the inhibitors might actually be effective at reversing the miniaturization, since inflammation and degeneration haven't fully kicked in.
II) Jak inhibitors' concentration in the scalp might differ between oral intake and local application of them. And the concentration achieved by topical use may be more effective.
I think those two points are pretty solid, man.

PS. You don't have to be aggressive. We're just talking, :(.

Last edited:

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with That Guy on jaks even if they did work would you really want to maintain it long term by inhibiting your immune system?
That's why scientists are focused on topicals. 'Cause they don't want them to go systemic.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If something comes out that actually beats and reverses alopecia areata, that would be huge. That's one type of hair loss eliminated out of how many? male pattern baldness, AA, DUPA, etc. While some are disappointed at JAK inhibitors and speaking of it as something irrelevant, it's very relevant imo, alopecia areata is hair loss at the end of the day and if there's a cure for that, i'm sure one for male pattern baldness follows soon.