Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reverse means getting back and not just thickening small/thin hair like it could have been? So the first video of them was right?

Reverse means exactly that, even if that's not the results they're getting. Andro alopecia is the miniaturization of hair follicles. The reverse of that would be enlargement of hair follicles.

Because if it's just stop/halt or slow down the miniaturization process, they should say that. If they say reverse, but it just stops, then they would be lying and that would be dishonest.

People say the treatment will not come out if it maintains only.

If so, how come Finasteride came out?

If it only maintains, I wouldn't get on it because i'm already on finasteride and it maintains. However this is an injection isn't? That you have to travel to Japan to get (correct me if i'm wrong)? How many people will travel to Japan to get an injection to maintain their hair (or lack thereof)? It sounds inconvenient, and unworthy.

Now for an NW1-2? Of course there's a market there. And for NW3's who are convinced they're getting an hair transplant.

br1

Reaction score
Reverse means exactly that, even if that's not the results they're getting. Andro alopecia is the miniaturization of hair follicles. The reverse of that would be enlargement of hair follicles.

Because if it's just stop/halt or slow down the miniaturization process, they should say that. If they say reverse, but it just stops, then they would be lying and that would be dishonest.

If it only maintains, I wouldn't get on it because i'm already on finasteride and it maintains. However this is an injection isn't? That you have to travel to Japan to get (correct me if i'm wrong)? How many people will travel to Japan to get an injection to maintain their hair (or lack thereof)? It sounds inconvenient, and unworthy.

Now for an NW1-2? Of course there's a market there. And for NW3's who are convinced they're getting an hair transplant.

I know the majority of people would not go to Japan to get the injection. But some will. I would.. I take finasteride, it maintain my hair.. But I would rather having my normal hormone levels, and also not taking a pill every single day.

It's 1 shot, and you are "cured". - even if needed every 5 or so years.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
People say the treatment will not come out if it maintains only.

If so, how come Finasteride came out?

Couple things about that

• RepliCel has said that their observation is "regrowth of vibrant hair in dormant follicles" and migrating cells to thinning hair. In short, it basically undos the miniaturization where as finasteride is limited in its capabilities here. I suspect this is why Buckler uses the term "reverse".

• Finasteride was the first treatment capable of halting or slowing the progression of Androgenetic Alopecia

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://mobile.biopharma-reporter.co...veloping-autologous-cell-therapy-for-baldness

"RepliCel said injected cells then detect damaged and dormant hair follicles in order to rejuvenate and further stimulate hair growth."

And the most important thing:

"According to the firm, DSCC can also encourage epidermal cells to assemble, expand and multiply in order to create NEW hair follicles."

Hope they don't lie....

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"According to the firm, DSCC can also encourage epidermal cells to assemble, expand and multiply in order to create NEW hair follicles."
So are you saying if Shiseido's efficiency data shows at least 80% regrowth assuming this is true, we may not even have to wait for Tsuji?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
So are you saying if Shiseido's efficiency data shows at least 80% regrowth assuming this is true, we may not even have to wait for Tsuji?
Hope so.. I got it from hairlosscure. The article was updated 17.7.2017 so quite new

İf we think about the possibility that multiple injections could yield to more regrowth or better results than just one it could be even better than Tsuji and less invasive.

Edit: RepliCel is leveraging a patient’s own stem cells to give them MORE hair, look younger, and fix damaged tendons.

more hair and new hair doesn't sound like just thickening thin hair

Last edited:

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg that would be the cure. Come on more competition. We deserve it!

Follica
Fidia
Shiseido
Aclaris
Samumed
Tsuji

Who is going to stop the cure for baldness now? Nothing will stop it.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg that would be the cure. Come on more competition. We deserve it!

Follica
Fidia
Shiseido
Aclaris
Samumed
Tsuji

Who is going to stop the cure for baldness now? Nothing will stop it.

Some billionaire assholes that don't want a cure, but not working drugs with a lot of sides, so everybody has to take more and more drugs against the sides, depression etc. etc...

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some billionaire assholes that don't want a cure, but not working drugs with a lot of sides, so everybody has to take more and more drugs against the sides, depression etc. etc...

I wish them the worst form of cancer.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on this information and a possible market release of next year a hair transplantation now wouldn't be the best idea or would it? Didn't tried RU until now, maybe it would mantain till next year

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on this information and a possible market release of next year a hair transplantation now wouldn't be the best idea or would it? Didn't tried RU until now, maybe it would mantain till next year
For how long have you been using RU? Has it been working? Side effects?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how many of you actually believe this might even come out next year.

Shiseido is much much more legit and trustworthy, sure. But even assuming this works as expected in phase 2 data readout and that delivers on time 2018 q2, you can't expect a treatment like this to be put into clinical use any time soon right?

The staff training, the equipment, the streamlining, etc etc. It's not like a hair serum which you just pick up like adenogen and I'm pretty sure even the marketing of that took a substantial length of time.

Don't get me wrong, I, like everyone else, want this to work and deliver fast so badly.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Shiseido is much much more legit and trustworthy, sure. But even assuming this works as expected in phase 2 data readout and that delivers on time 2018 q2, you can't expect a treatment like this to be put into clinical use any time soon right?

The staff training, the equipment, the streamlining, etc etc. It's not like a hair serum which you just pick up like adenogen and I'm pretty sure even the marketing of that took a substantial length of time.

Don't get me wrong, I, like everyone else, want this to work and deliver fast so badly.

Don't trust people like Cotsarelis who judt talk and talk and talk and don't show anything. I do believe that follica is going to work but the way they went on is just ridicilous.

Trust Japanese people. They are the most hard working and talented people on earth. Baldness will be cured in Japan. If not Japan who else can do it?

They seem to be very optimistic and now I really believe that they are going to share some data on the world congress in about 3 months! If we see an increase in hair density over 30%, it would be just amazing!

Hair loss will be history. We have never had so many strong and powerful companies and two of them from Japan!

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't trust people like Cotsarelis who judt talk and talk and talk and don't show anything. I do believe that follica is going to work but the way they went on is just ridicilous.

Trust Japanese people. They are the most hard working and talented people on earth. Baldness will be cured in Japan. If not Japan who else can do it?

They seem to be very optimistic and now I really believe that they are going to share some data on the world congress in about 3 months! If we see an increase in hair density over 30%, it would be just amazing!

Hair loss will be history. We have never had so many strong and powerful companies and two of them from Japan!
Yeah 100% agree, except it seems you didn't touch the realistic expectation toward release date thing I was talking about in my last post:p

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

You do realize Shiseido is using a procedure developed by a Canadian company, and Tsuji's research is predicated on that of American and German researchers. Nothing against Japan, it's a great country, but come on.. it's not like they are the only intelligent people in the world.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
You do realize Shiseido is using a procedure developed by a Canadian company, and Tsuji's research is predicated on that of American and German researchers. Nothing against Japan, it's a great country, but come on.. it's not like they are the only intelligent people in the world.

But they seem to be only ones that really want to develop a cure... Everyone else just talked and made some research for decades, but in the end we are still f*****g BALD....

For how long have you been using RU? Has it been working? Side effects?

Didn't used it, but going to start it in September with a daily dose of 50mg. Thought about combining it with minoxidil and Dutasteride

İn fact I don't believe in a worldwide or asiawide start of it in 2018, but even if they manage to train 5 guys and these are only in Tokyo than I'm going to fly to Japan and make/pay whatever it takes to get my hair back. I'm really not going to wait until 2020 or more if this really comes out and is promising. Had hair like Jake Gyllenhaal and now I'm NW3.

Last edited:

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I know that they are not the only one... but I have never seen a lazy japanese student in on of my classes... I am working for more than 7 years and I have seen "not many" but still a few japanese students and they were all extremely hard working and intelligent. It's their mentality.

Of course there are always exceptions but Japan has something special. Only my opinion... For me it's another league if Tsuji or the CEO of Shiseido tells us something about their research.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah 100% agree, except it seems you didn't touch the realistic expectation toward release date thing I was talking about in my last post:p

Yes, you are right. Sorry :-D

In this case I am also optimistic. Maybe our admin could get a special deal with them? It's actually not as ridicilous as it sounds because I think HairLossTalk.com is the biggest english speaking hair loss forum of the world and maybe we could get a guarantee that at minimum 100,200,300 or 500 members could get the treatment as soon as it comes out in Japan. Kind of a special deal with Hair Loss Talk members.

Do you think if that could be possible?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, because balding is much rarer in Asiatic countries, it is much more impactful for them. Not downplaying the rest of us, but you get what I mean?

If only like 15 percent of people balded and you were one of them, it would be worse than balding among a 50 percent population of balding.
Man you don't know what you are talking about.

East asians are balding horribly. Especially in China and Japan.

markymark48

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the expected release date is Q3 or Q4 2018 and for some reason they don't quite make it, but instead have it out by first half of 2019, it will still be pretty great. What somebody else said about staff training is a very good point. Hopefully they'll find a way to set everything up to get the treatment rolling out at the expected release date.