Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Data read out is scheduled for 2nd quarter of 2018 by the latest official statement from the company. However, first follow up of study participants is/was at 12 months from start. So June/July 2017. This gives hope of some kind of statement/alludition from representatives at the Hair Congress.

Awesome. Thank you.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
But that's assuming they have full faith in the treatment being above expectation. Logically a company would not go too far ahead of the evaluation part.

Sheisido was obviously privy to some info that we are not.... that information led them to since the agreement begin building facilities to produce the treatment. To me it seems like the info they've obtained made them confident enough to make a sizeable enough investment to show they are committed to distributing this treatment. That said I can't imagine they have the, "We'll cross that bridge when we get there!" mindset... I'm not saying that guarantees this treatment will be a cure, but they see that what it does offer is something the market currently lacks.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sheisido was obviously privy to some info that we are not.... that information led them to since the agreement begin building facilities to produce the treatment. To me it seems like the info they've obtained made them confident enough to make a sizeable enough investment to show they are committed to distributing this treatment. That said I can't imagine they have the, "We'll cross that bridge when we get there!" mindset... I'm not saying that guarantees this treatment will be a cure, but they see that what it does offer is something the market currently lacks.

This would be the logical thing to assume, and I do too. On the other hand, I have witnessed outcomes with much less logic and odds become reality, bigger agreements broken (remember, Replicel did show some kind of indirect disrespect to contract between Shiseido and themselves not yet initiating the German phase 2 study), and much, much more money at stake. We have to remember that the original amount of money that Shiseido paid to Replicel for the rights on technology and geographical rights for Japan and a ''couple other asian countries'' is just pocket change in this industry. It was somewhere in the region of between 4 and 5 million USD? That's ridicilous cosidering the potential market cap of the treatment.

Btw: Can you imagine the medical (Androgenetic Alopecia) tourism to Japan, and the size of it, if the treatment becomes available and is a ''hit'' but you'd have to stay in Japan for 3-ish weeks for the them to culture the cells before injected? Holy moly, the hotel owners would jump of joy in this initial phase... Just looking to Turkey and the share that transplant clinics have of their GNP, this would be that times something... So one would imagine the Japanese want this to happen! :)

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
you'd have to stay in Japan for 3-ish weeks for the them to culture the cells before injected?

According to Replicel, maybe between 5 to 8 weeks for them to culture the cells :) so, I don't know exactly if Shiseido could culture cells in less time ?

19780461_1444531862272308_4021264180334655613_o.png

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to Replicel, maybe between 5 to 8 weeks for them to culture the cells :) so, I don't know exactly if Shiseido could culture cells in less time ?

View attachment 58756

Oh, nice man! Thanks! Nah, I was guesstimating (hence the question mark) having in the back of my mind the RIKEN's quote of 2-3 weeks.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 58756
1. Condition diagnosed

HLTfag: Doctor, I have this shameful and emotionally painful condition and.. and...
Doctor: *puts finger on lips* Shhh... Hush now... You're in safe hands. It's... It's male pattern baldness isn't it?
HLTfag:
tumblr_inline_oh63i5p0Kz1u9jpte_500.gif

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
So guys... at what level of regrowth are we looking at here?
I mean, when will they provide conclusive results.

Last edited:

abcdefg

Reaction score
I know male pattern baldness is mainly a middle class white man problem, and they are desperate so they are very ripe for price gouging but this is going to be very expensive. If your culturing cells id say your talking 100 grand or more for this.
id rather have a drug/topical just anything that helps me simply keep my current hair so I dont need to spend 100 grand and go through some grand procedure like this

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Seems that the mystery is solved concerning the patients who had a decrease in hair density:

Shipping of cells took to long for those patients.. I really thought that they were always talking about Georgia in the USA... but it's Georgia in Europe lol.

H

Reaction score
I know male pattern baldness is mainly a middle class white man problem, and they are desperate so they are very ripe for price gouging but this is going to be very expensive. If your culturing cells id say your talking 100 grand or more for this.
id rather have a drug/topical just anything that helps me simply keep my current hair so I dont need to spend 100 grand and go through some grand procedure like this
Hasn't the company already estimated about 1k for this?

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you even get to this number? 100 grand?!

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hasn't the company already estimated about 1k for this?

Yes they did... Don't take guys serious with names like abcdefg...

I also think that its more expensive but definetely not as much as this alphabet guy thinks.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Factoring in a successful business model and similar biological manufacturing processes, I'd peg it at $3,000-10,000 US. Marketing costs would be zero as the word would spread like wildfire. Ultimately, we wait.

markymark48

My Regimen
Reaction score
Factoring in a successful business model and similar biological manufacturing processes, I'd peg it at $3,000-10,000 US. Marketing costs would be zero as the word would spread like wildfire. Ultimately, we wait.

If they were really evil, they would start at a very high amount, 10K for example, then when everyone who's willing to pay that much would have gotten the treatment, they would lower it to, say, 5K, and treat everyone willing to pay that amount, and so on until it comes down to a price where they can still generate a profit but that would be within reach of the vast majority, probably around 1K, so as to reach as many people as possible.

Hopefully they'll stick to their original 1K projection.

Hero

Reaction score
If they were really evil, they would start at a very high amount, 10K for example, then when everyone who's willing to pay that much would have gotten the treatment, they would lower it to, say, 5K, and treat everyone willing to pay that amount, and so on until it comes down to a price where they can still generate a profit but that would be within reach of the vast majority, probably around 1K, so as to reach as many people as possible.

Hopefully they'll stick to their original 1K projection.
That's not evil, that's just business. Not to mention that even $10k is extremely fair for what you would get. Just a decent hair transplant that gives the illusion of density already costs $20k+