Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man you don't know what you are talking about.

East asians are balding horribly. Especially in China and Japan.
I live in Hong Kong which is part of China, and 95% of men here are not balding from what I have observed from 19 years of living here. I'm 20 and it seems even old men here have better hair than I do. So I don't really know where you got it that people in China are balding so much, because statistically and from what I have observed, that's not true at all.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
...Trust Japanese people. They are the most hard working and talented people on earth. Baldness will be cured in Japan...

Except their breakthrough includes a secret modification to produce only dead straight, jet black hair. Can't wait to see the Irish recipient! :D

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in Hong Kong which is part of China, and 95% of men here are not balding from what I have observed from 19 years of living here. I'm 20 and it seems even old men here have better hair than I do. So I don't really know where you got it that people in China are balding so much, because statistically and from what I have observed, that's not true at all.
I am Chinese myself, lived in eastern China, Shanghai and Beijing in the past 24 years and Hong Kong is literally one of the worst region affected by male pattern baldness man. No offence but I am really confused of the discrepancy in our observations here

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many of you actually believe this might even come out next year.

Shiseido is much much more legit and trustworthy, sure. But even assuming this works as expected in phase 2 data readout and that delivers on time 2018 q2, you can't expect a treatment like this to be put into clinical use any time soon right?

The staff training, the equipment, the streamlining, etc etc. It's not like a hair serum which you just pick up like adenogen and I'm pretty sure even the marketing of that took a substantial length of time.

Don't get me wrong, I, like everyone else, want this to work and deliver fast so badly.

I would assume that a company like sheisido is competent enough to prepare ahead of time. I'm sure they're savvy enough to know what needs to be done to scale this, and how to prepare for it sooner than the day before they finish phase 2 testing.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how many of you actually believe this might even come out next year.

Shiseido is much much more legit and trustworthy, sure. But even assuming this works as expected in phase 2 data readout and that delivers on time 2018 q2, you can't expect a treatment like this to be put into clinical use any time soon right?

The staff training, the equipment, the streamlining, etc etc. It's not like a hair serum which you just pick up like adenogen and I'm pretty sure even the marketing of that took a substantial length of time.

Don't get me wrong, I, like everyone else, want this to work and deliver fast so badly.

I am not a scientist BUT I am a technical artist..and I have learnt various complex techniques and mixing chemical compounds and mediums very quickly.

I am not sure what is difficult about this once they master the procedure.

its taking a sample, its 'mixing' whatever they have to mix, then injecting your scalp using a specific 'tool'.

Am I wrong?

it's just following a recipe and using a tool designed to do a specific thing...learning new things is not that complicated.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry haven't been following the updates from Shisheido regularly but is the data read out still on track for early 2018? I mean they are going to finish their clinical soon right?
Data read out is scheduled for 2nd quarter of 2018 by the latest official statement from the company. However, first follow up of study participants is/was at 12 months from start. So June/July 2017. This gives hope of some kind of statement/alludition from representatives at the Hair Congress.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would assume that a company like sheisido is competent enough to prepare ahead of time. I'm sure they're savvy enough to know what needs to be done to scale this, and how to prepare for it sooner than the day before they finish phase 2 testing.
But that's assuming they have full faith in the treatment being above expectation. Logically a company would not go too far ahead of the evaluation part.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am Chinese myself, lived in eastern China, Shanghai and Beijing in the past 24 years and Hong Kong is literally one of the worst region affected by male pattern baldness man. No offence but I am really confused of the discrepancy in our observations here

Age difference and therefore you frequent different areas? Just difference in perception (subliminal selection)? In balding chinese men, do you think there is a different pattern to the bald areas different than Europeans or about the same?

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL I'm confused as well. I guess I just keep noticing the full heads wishing I had their hair while not giving a sh*t about other men with this crippling disease. Idk, but I still stand by what I said

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not a scientist BUT I am a technical artist..and I have learnt various complex techniques and mixing chemical compounds and mediums very quickly.

its taking a sample, its 'mixing' whatever they have to mix, then injecting your scalp using a specific 'tool'.

Am I wrong?

it's just following a recipe and using a tool designed to do a specific thing...learning new things is not that complicated.

What makes me feel confident about this one particularly is the fact that the have built a purpose-facility for this treatment only. Much of the automatization process etc will aleady have been worked out potentially. At this point it's all just speculation tho'.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL I'm confused as well. I guess I just keep noticing the full heads wishing I had their hair while not giving a sh*t about other men with this crippling disease. Idk, but I still stand by what I said

Thats funny since I have hair loss--i keep noticing all the women who previously I had not noticed...NOW i can see that early hair loss. It used to go over my head.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats funny since I have hair loss--i keep noticing all the women who previously I had not noticed...NOW i can see that early hair loss. It used to go over my head.

Me too has bacome something of a Norwood spotter. Before I never noticed, nor cared in all honesty. When I spot something, I often say to myself in thought ''5 in the makin'' , like, heading to Norwood 5. It's a little mean maybe, but I'm not liking that they are balding too or something...it's just that - I notice. :)

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Am I wrong?

I am barely speculating but I think we are talking about industrial scaling up and standardized procedures, the whole optimitized line of evaluation, treatment and care, etc. I do think it will be less like a hair transplant clinic(less labor involved) but just to come up with an effective protocal like that and implement it might take time. But if it is only like the small clinic mode like kerastem probably wouldn't be a problem

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Age difference and therefore you frequent different areas? Just difference in perception (subliminal selection)? In balding chinese men, do you think there is a different pattern to the bald areas different than Europeans or about the same?
It seems that southern china regions have slightly worse hair genes in general.

Some northern Chinese with mongolian blood seem to have really crappy hair genes though.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes me feel confident about this one particularly is the fact that the have built a purpose-facility for this treatment only. Much of the automatization process etc will aleady have been worked out potentially. At this point it's all just speculation tho'.

I don't know if I am naive or other people are.

I just think from a business perspective (investors breathing down neck) they are going to want to see return on investment..they are going to want to see money maxed out asap.
Once the product and or service is done and actually working-(this goes foe Tsuji, follica as well) they will in my opinion/instinct do as much to maximize their profit as possible as soon as they can.
These companies are all breathing down one another's neck...its like the space race.
What good is the 'cure' if you miss the window of opportunity to make money and then something else more convenient/cheaper comes along before you maxed out your potential profits?
It would be like Howard Hughs' The Spruce Goose that only flew once.

One of the reason I personally think Brotzu/Fidia are having trouble with stability of formula and or efficiency of results compared to other hair loss medications already available is because they are so quiet and seem to have no plans of release any time soon---if that stuff worked and was stable/efficient--I think it would be available in 2018.
If not then I think it has potential problems from a financial stand point.
Ie not stable or efficient in companions to what is already available.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't we just say BALD MEN ARE EVERYWHERE all over the world? Everyone needs this cure even women...

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am barely speculating but I think we are talking about industrial scaling up and standardized procedures, the whole optimitized line of evaluation, treatment and care, etc. I do think it will be less like a hair transplant clinic(less labor involved) but just to come up with an effective protocal like that and implement it might take time. But if it is only like the small clinic mode like kerastem probably wouldn't be a problem
I think they are already working on models to implement an effective protocol.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it is due to asian usually have visible hair loss only very late in life. Still, as an experienced Norwood spotter it's easy to spot early and mild baldness.

My guess is that east asians don't really have superior hair genes. It just manifest much much less and later due to diet, lifestyle difference, etc. Stress can surely accelerate it that's why in big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or developed area like japan balding is more common. People here really don't talk about early balding so often 30 years ago.

Having aggressive male pattern baldness like me in China is literally a curse.

And just curious, in what industry do you work? Because right now I work in a architecture office in Beijing and more than half of my male collagues are thinning, if not bald already. It is even worse in the HR and IT deoartment. However, there are a few top finance and investment companies where I work as well. They have almost zero baldies except for one or two guys with sharp shaved head;)red pill time

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it is due to asian usually have visible hair loss only very late in life. Still, as an experienced Norwood spotter it's easy to spot early and mild baldness.

My guess is that east asians don't really have superior hair genes. It just manifest much much less and later due to diet, lifestyle difference, etc. Stress can surely accelerate it that's why in big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or developed area like japan balding is more common. People here really don't talk about early balding so often 30 years ago.

Having aggressive male pattern baldness like me in China is literally a curse.

And just curious, in what industry do you work? Because right now I work in a architecture office in Beijing and more than half of my male collagues are thinning, if not bald already. It is even worse in the HR and IT deoartment. However, there are a few top finance and investment companies where I work as well. They have almost zero baldies except for one or two guys with sharp shaved head;)red pill time
I currently don't work full time as I'm still a student but now that I think about it, you might be right about there being a lot of baldies here. To be honest, I think I have seen more young guys starting to lose their hair than older seniors here in Hong Kong. Where I live there are so many old men just sitting around with their nice thick Norwood 1-2 hairs.

Reactions: WMQ