Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
What is L'Oreal even doing at the moment?

If I understand well your question, L'Oreal and Poietis sign an exclusive research partnership to develop bioprinting of hair.

Here one of few articles on this partnership :
1. " L'Oreal's revolutionary technology could provide a cure for hair thinning" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/h...y-technology-could-provide-a-cure-for-hair-t/

2. https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/will-3d-printed-hair-cure-hair-loss/ (article published here, on HTT)

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I understand well your question, L'Oreal and Poietis sign an exclusive research partnership to develop bioprinting of hair.

Here one of few articles on this partnership :
1. " L'Oreal's revolutionary technology could provide a cure for hair thinning" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/h...y-technology-could-provide-a-cure-for-hair-t/

2. https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/will-3d-printed-hair-cure-hair-loss/ (article published here, on HTT)
The director added that once these hair follicles were successfully created, they would be used for testing new L’Oreal products.

Seems like they will first use to develop and test new products. I wonder if they will ever get it to the market even if they manage to produce hair that could be implanted instead of just using it for new products

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
The director added that once these hair follicles were successfully created, they would be used for testing new L’Oreal products.

Seems like they will first use to develop and test new products. I wonder if they will ever get it to the market even if they manage to produce hair that could be implanted instead of just using it for new products

Yes and they will test it for hair loss :)
If you read this you can see that : http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37484835

" Initially the follicles would be used to test new products, he added" .

"Hair loss is very emotional for some people and very distressing - if we succeed in identifying some ingredients that can fight this it will be a huge revolution.

"The next step is, will it be possible to implant? This is the holy grail."

" Earlier this year, researchers revealed they had found a way to grow complex skin cells, complete with hair, and implant them successfully on skin.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
News from Replicel : http://www.cosmeticosbr.com.br/cont...-have-shown-positive-clinical-results-so-far/

It's interesting for this sentence " In our hair trial, we measured results for 2 years and some patients still had positive measurable results at that time "
Another tidbit from that very same article:

"We are very pleased to have recently announced sucessful data from phase 1 human clinical trials showing positive effects of our cell therapies in reversing hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia''

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another tidbit from that very same article:

"We are very pleased to have recently announced sucessful data from phase 1 human clinical trials showing positive effects of our cell therapies in reversing hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia''

This could be the cure for million of people..... WE need results from Shiseido!!!!

Reactions: br1

br1

Reaction score
Hopeful interview.

Still, not a lot of real news from them these last months.
I don't think there are any news, really, since trials are still running.. I expect something (news) around Q2 2018.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
May
In their last big report in march, about the 5 year safety data.

They said this:

" An analysis of injection site biopsies taken 60.5 months after injection is currently ongoing with results expected in the next few weeks. "

That was march...
Maybe they have the results and aren't sharing them just yet. It is however a good sign that in the latest interview Buckler was still talking about reversing Androgenetic Alopecia, I presume after they got these results.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
May

Maybe they have the results and aren't sharing them just yet. It is however a good sign that in the latest interview Buckler was still talking about reversing Androgenetic Alopecia, I presume after they got these results.

Reverse means getting back and not just thickening small/thin hair like it could have been? So the first video of them was right?

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reverse means getting back and not just thickening small/thin hair like it could have been? So the first video of them was right?
I certainly hope so, but not sure. Reversing might as well thicken up the hairs that have thinned a lot.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I certainly hope so, but not sure. Reversing might as well thicken up the hairs that have thinned a lot.
This uncertainty kills me....replicel end of the 2018 and getting thin hairs back until Tsuji 2020 replicates thousands of them...at least we hope so right?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not prepared to buy the "reverse" claim just yet because by any understanding of mine with the data we have all read, it can prevent further balding, cause some degree of regrowth in thinning areas and thicken hair — we can't be certain it can regrow hair on slick-bald areas, but that is what we'd all associate with "reverse", I'm sure.

In medical technologies, I think it's important to pay close attention when CEOs use terms that can satisfy a number of outcomes.

For example: if the treatment is only capable of stopping hairloss and thickening miniaturized hair, it may not be the result you were picturing, but saying it "reverses" hairloss is not technically a lie.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really feel like we're going to get some amazing news at the Hair Congress this november. Just think about it: an update from shiseido, Tsuji, who knows what they will anounce? I think it's fair to be excited for this just in a few months!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you actually achieve better results with just Finasteride than the Phase 1 of Replicel?

I think it would be very rare as most people don't generally see a lot of regrowth from finasteride.

As I recall from the data, the average results were what one could hope to see from conventional treatments in half the time.

The mean increase in hair was something like 14% and the highest response was like 20%. To my knowledge, the majority of people on the big 3 never see results like that.

br1

Reaction score
People say the treatment will not come out if it maintains only.

If so, how come Finasteride came out?