Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some random thought:

Replicel is doing a study with UCB to better understand why some patients had better results than others - based on the data from their 5 years trial. And they will use it to improve RCH-01.

Shiseido is doing phase 2 and is said they can release it to the market sometime next year, if it turns to be effective.

Must Replicel share their findings with Shiseido as per their agreement? If not, Replicel might have a better product (more effective) than Shiseido's, when (IF) they ever release it.
Since Shiseido had to do phase 2 on their own and replicel didn't share their info I think Shiseido will still be superior. Bigger company and they have their own product that can be useful for improving. They also can get faster to the market and get much more information from their product when thousands of people use it.

I think Replicel is going to wait much longer and will fill it's bank account with the contract fees from Shiseido. Let's see if they will ever bring something out on their own.

İf it just was for replicel I wouldn't wait for them, but Shiseido gives me hope

Last edited:

br1

Reaction score
Since Shiseido had to do phase 2 on their own and replicel didn't share their info I think Shiseido will still be superior. Bigger company and they have their own product that can be useful for improving. They also can get faster to the market and get much more information l from their product when thousands of people use it.

I think Replicel is going to wait much longer and will fill it's bank account with the contract fees from Shiseido. Let's see if they will ever bring something out on their own.

İf it just was for replicel I wouldn't wait for them, but Shiseido gives me hope

But Shiseido has to give all the information, their own findings, to Replicel. Don't them?

* for sure I would not wait for Replicel. At this point, I think we might agree that *anything* that comes to the market, will have our scalps with it. :)

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Believe in Japan! We can count on them. They will release their treatment in 2nd half of 2018. Cant wait for 2018... It's all about Shiseidos average increase in hair density. I am very sure that they are definetely able to stop hair loss. Replicel published their 5 year data. Even if it lasts for 5 years. Who cares? I would get those injections just for fun every 6 months xD

Replicels best responder got already an increase of 24 % and this was a safety trial with only one high dose injection!!! Now think about multiple injections in different parts of the scalp.

The World congress would be the best place for shiseido to share some data. Knowing this in a few months would be huge.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So Replicel/Shiseido is RCH-01 injection and Replicel by itself is working on iPS cell treatment what is this called and is this n the pipeline? Thanks.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So Replicel/Shiseido is RCH-01 injection and Replicel by itself is working on iPS cell treatment what is this called and is this n the pipeline? Thanks.

They do exactly the same like Replicel. Maybe they improved it but the treatment itself is the same technology.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Believe in Japan! We can count on them. They will release their treatment in 2nd half of 2018. Cant wait for 2018... It's all about Shiseidos average increase in hair density. I am very sure that they are definetely able to stop hair loss. Replicel published their 5 year data. Even if it lasts for 5 years. Who cares? I would get those injections just for fun every 6 months xD

Replicels best responder got already an increase of 24 % and this was a safety trial with only one high dose injection!!! Now think about multiple injections in different parts of the scalp.

The World congress would be the best place for shiseido to share some data. Knowing this in a few months would be huge.

They also said that the data was not even intended to see RCH-01's best results, from what I understand. The 19 patients tested was just for "potential" efficacy. They were not intending anything statistically significant. Maybe now they will try more injections and the best responder that saw 21% increase in 24 months could see 50% increase next time. Hopefully they figure out how to get the treatment to work better for low responders.

Reactions: br1

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They also said that the data was not even intended to see RCH-01's best results, from what I understand. The 19 patients tested was just for "potential" efficacy. They were not intending anything statistically significant. Maybe now they will try more injections and the best responder that saw 21% increase in 24 months could see 50% increase next time. Hopefully they figure out how to get the treatment to work better for low responders.

Maybe the best responders are people with thin hair (for example diffuse thinners) because the hair follicles are still alive (producing visible but thin hair).

50 % increase in hair density would be the cure for me and for many members here.
Who else thinks that 50 % increase is possible?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the best responders are people with thin hair (for example diffuse thinners) because the hair follicles are still alive (producing visible but thin hair).

50 % increase in hair density would be the cure for me and for many members here.
Who else thinks that 50 % increase is possible?

I wish it at least brings vellus into terminal hairs. I have so much vellus hairs regrown or thickened from minoxidil that are no longer blonde, they are the color of my hair but mini versions and i'm hoping these treatments are good to turn those into full hairs.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
But Shiseido has to give all the information, their own findings, to Replicel. Don't them?

* for sure I would not wait for Replicel. At this point, I think we might agree that *anything* that comes to the market, will have our scalps with it. :)

As far as I know their agreement was that Replicel has to share their information (phase 2) with Shiseido and Shiseido would use this data to improve their own and get to the market so Replicel could make money out of RCH-01 before they even get to the market.
Seems like they waited for the data from Shiseido, because of costs and maybe they don't have enough money? Shiseido has done or is doing the phase 2 and seems like they have to share it? Win win for Replicel and Shiseido could be very pissed because of that.

I wonder if it will be a problem, because Replicel didn't have done the agreed part.

İn the end I just trust Shiseido for getting RCH-01 ready, Replicel hasn't done enough in my opinion. They found something and sell it, but no improvement or real targets.

But...who cares ? I want the maximum possible injections baby!

br1

Reaction score
As far as I know their agreement was that Replicel has to share their information (phase 2) with Shiseido and Shiseido would use this data to improve their own and get to the market so Replicel could make money out of RCH-01 before they even get to the market.
Seems like they waited for the data from Shiseido, because of costs and maybe they don't have enough money? Shiseido has done or is doing the phase 2 and seems like they have to share it? Win win for Replicel and Shiseido could be very pissed because of that.

I wonder if it will be a problem, because Replicel didn't have done the agreed part.

İn the end I just trust Shiseido for getting RCH-01 ready, Replicel hasn't done enough in my opinion. They found something and sell it, but no improvement or real targets.

But...who cares ? I want the maximum possible injections baby!

It's the other way around.. Shiseido has to provide their results to Replice. It's stated on Replicel's website (article talking about their agreement).

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the other way around.. Shiseido has to provide their results to Replice. It's stated on Replicel's website (article talking about their agreement).
İt's two sided. Without any information from Replicel Shiseido, wouldn't have any information of RCH-01.
But the information that Replicel had to share that I meant was just for the phase 2 trial so Shiseido could move forward at a faster rate.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Because of financial constraints, RepliCel has not been able to proceed with its previously announced plans to initiate a phase 2 clinical trial of RCH-01," stated RepliCel's Buckler. "This has caused Shiseido to allege breach of our co-development obligations which we deny and vigorously oppose. While there is a clear obligation on our part to transfer data from such a trial when it is available, there is no express or implied obligations in the agreement as to when such a trial would have to be initiated or completed," continued Buckler.

https://www.google.com.tr/amp/s/www...l-provides-shiseido-license-co-214728582.html

This was what I meant

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Because of financial constraints, RepliCel has not been able to proceed with its previously announced plans to initiate a phase 2 clinical trial of RCH-01," stated RepliCel's Buckler. "This has caused Shiseido to allege breach of our co-development obligations which we deny and vigorously oppose. While there is a clear obligation on our part to transfer data from such a trial when it is available, there is no express or implied obligations in the agreement as to when such a trial would have to be initiated or completed," continued Buckler.

https://www.google.com.tr/amp/s/www...l-provides-shiseido-license-co-214728582.html

This was what I meant

"The contract said we would share phase II data with you guys. And we will! But here's the thing - we don't have money to do it right now. What's that? A breach of contract? No no no no, we will be happy to share the phase II data IF and WHEN we get it - isn't that what the contract really says? What's that? But you planned to release the product in 2018 and you need the phase II data soon? Shoot, I'm so sorry...well I guess you might have to do phase II right away by yourself. Also, can you share your phase II data with us? That would be cool. Love, Replicel."

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
"The contract said we would share phase II data with you guys. And we will! But here's the thing - we don't have money to do it right now. What's that? A breach of contract? No no no no, we will be happy to share the phase II data IF and WHEN we get it - isn't that what the contract really says? What's that? But you planned to release the product in 2018 and you need the phase II data soon? Shoot, I'm so sorry...well I guess you might have to do phase II right away by yourself. Also, can you share your phase II data with us? That would be cool. Love, Replicel."
Exactly that a**h** move :)

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this intercorporate bickering looking like it will delay or eliminate a viable product? Or they are trumping up excuses to hide a lack of results?

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What exactly is the problem here?
It doesn't f*****g work. Es funktioniert nicht. C'est connerie.

Shiseido has a questionable history with hair loss treatments.

It's kinda hypocritical how people complain about any effort from L'oreal but give Shiseido a pass
I fear that this where that common Japanese joke about hair regrowth shampoo comes from.