Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you on that and they do need to publish the data (I assume they're waiting on the 60 month data so they can update the study data at once instead of doing it twice within a few weeks). And after that we need to have the Shisedo data and we need to actually try out the treatment.

I'm just saying we don't know where they didn't respond or just lost more hair than they regrew, so you can't claim they're non-responders. of course you can take the rational approach and be skeptical, but you do need to mention that we're not certain whether regrowth is achieved or not.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I can't see why, when given multiple injections, it wouldn't regrow any new hairs. Considering it grows hairs on human arms and mouse ears, I think it's a reasonable assumption that it will also be able to grow hair on scalp with fibrosis.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like how people here are complaining that baldness isn't taken seriously, yet the Brotzu f*****g LOTION thread got sh*t tons of replies and yet a HAIR CLONING INJECTABLE (no surgery!) which is likely PERMANENTly effective and is likely to be able to REGROW A WHOLE HEAD OF HAIR has no replies.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brussels, Belgium

March 11, 2017

My World Hair Transplant Center (MyWHTC) welcomes RepliCel to the Inaugural International Hair Restoration Platform conference chaired by Dr. Patrick Mwamba on April 7 – 9, 2017. As an avid supporter of medical hair restoration and medical research, MyWHTC is extremely pleased to announce that Mr. Lee Buckler, RepliCel’s CEO, will be attending the conference. As CEO, Mr. Buckler will contribute information on the company’s hair regeneration trials.

MyWHTC is a hair transplant clinic founded by Dr. Patrick Mwamba in Brussels, Belgium.

RepliCel is a Canadian regenerative medicine company based in Vancouver, British Colombia.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:

Media Relations
Gio Macatti, customer.care@mywhtc.com,+32 479753281

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I like how people here are complaining that baldness isn't taken seriously, yet the Brotzu f*****g LOTION thread got sh*t tons of replies and yet a HAIR CLONING INJECTABLE (no surgery!) which is likely PERMANENTly effective and is likely to be able to REGROW A WHOLE HEAD OF HAIR has no replies.
There's way more Replicel threads on his site that probably combine to give you the same amount of replies as the Brotzu thread.

Also, the main thing driving the responsiveness of the community in the Brotzu thread was the idea that it was going to available in the very near future.

Once another treatment comes close to being available on the market you'll see mass hysteria, don't worry.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but those Replicel threads don't discuss their 24 month efficacy press release and the imminent release of the 60 month efficacy data.

Shisedo is planning to commercialize the treatment in Japan in late 2018 or in 2019. That's pretty near future for me.

My issue with this is that Replicel has had funding issues in the past and their stocks took a dive, we should be building hype for the product even though we have to take the company's word for it that the treatment is effective (until we can try it out ourselves).

RichieRich

My Regimen
Reaction score

Think your missing something fella, replicell is likely to prevent further hair loss the chances of regrowing a full head of hair although not impossible at this stage looks very unlikely. Still for those born after the millenium this is a cure, and those lower norwoods it is also a cure as replicell and fue will end this misery for those.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But they haven't done any studies looking into the possibility of regrowing a full head of hair. And that's because they're not allowed to yet until they have finished this Phase 1 trial, which is looking at the safety of injecting just one dose and much higher dosage than intended in the final product.

One of their trial participants got 25% regrowth over baseline after 24 months, with just one injection. And they claim that the people who got below baseline also had stabilized hair loss. Which might mean that the regrew hair but still lost a bit of hair so there's a net loss.

Reactions: br1

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with you on that and they do need to publish the data (I assume they're waiting on the 60 month data so they can update the study data at once instead of doing it twice within a few weeks). And after that we need to have the Shisedo data and we need to actually try out the treatment.

I'm just saying we don't know where they didn't respond or just lost more hair than they regrew, so you can't claim they're non-responders. of course you can take the rational approach and be skeptical, but you do need to mention that we're not certain whether regrowth is achieved or not.

You're right that I don't know if they responded at the 24-month mark. Replicel didn't give me enough information to make that determination. I'm not saying that there were non-responders at the 24-months mark. I'm saying that at the 6-month mark 30% of the subjects had lost hair and that I don't know what became of their situation after the 6-month mark. I would just like to know how the 6-month non-responder situation turned out at 24 months before I come to a conclusion about the treatment.

Last edited:

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
@nameless Can you say more about why Replicel COULD be such a breakthrough? We know you are on the more pessimistic side, so I'm curious about your (tempered) enthusiasm. And I need to read something hopeful.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
@nameless Can you say more about why Replicel COULD be such a breakthrough? We know you are on the more pessimistic side, so I'm curious about your (tempered) enthusiasm. And I need to read something hopeful.

hanginginthewire, if Replicel can truly arrest hair loss, and I think that it may be able to do that, then a lot more people would be able to get a hair transplant. There are 2 problems with hair transplants - limited donor supply AND the possibility that even the donor hairs will thin over time. If Replicel can truly arrest hair loss then one of these problems is solved. If Replicel can truly stop hair loss then you won't have to worry about donor hairs thinning over time after you transplant them into the your balding areas. This would be a big deal. It would allow many many more people to get hair transplants. And if they ever get donor regeneration to work properly then you could get your entire donor area transplanted to balding areas TWICE and Replicel would make sure that that the transplanted donor hairs (implanted into your balding areas) would NEVER get thin or fine again.

Last edited:

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's way more Replicel threads on his site that probably combine to give you the same amount of replies as the Brotzu thread.

Also, the main thing driving the responsiveness of the community in the Brotzu thread was the idea that it was going to available in the very near future.

Once another treatment comes close to being available on the market you'll see mass hysteria, don't worry.

How often do we have to repeat this? I have read and said this countless times.. The brotzu hate is real

Reaction score
Don't forget you dont have worry about future loss of native hair! That's a big detour for a lot of people that get transplant @ nw3 because if you're destined to become Norwood 6 or 7 you might not even want to get a hair transplant and no one knows were there genetically predisposed to go to. This goes for people who can't stand to take finasteride or duta.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Don't forget you dont have worry about future loss of native hair! That's a big detour for a lot of people that get transplant @ nw3 because if you're destined to become Norwood 6 or 7 you might not even want to get a hair transplant and no one knows were there genetically predisposed to go to. This goes for people who can't stand to take finasteride or duta.

That's right. If this is true then 100% of NW3s, and maybe even 100% of early NW4s, could get a full head of hair from hair transplants, and their full head of hair could be maintained forever with Replicel injections every few years. But we need to see what happened with those 6-month non-responders before we can make a good judgment about that.

Reaction score
Also don't forget that they don't want to do one big injection they want to break the injections up which if we have to go fly to Japan every time to do could be a big issue until It gets approved in the United States which would be forever

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you eve say anything smart?

Your sh*t-assed ridiculing of someone who's lost more hair than you is no different from someone with a full head of hair ridiculing you. You deserve to lose hair.

As much as i like to poke fun at nameless for his negativity, there was no need for your comment h.l.
Poor taste.

I really wasn't ridiculing him, it's just strange how the most skeptical person here should really look at any possible cure coming up, rather than picking through the possible faults. I mean he's literally got nothing left to lose, so why so incredibly negative?

I'd understand it more from a diffuse NW3 who's had a hair transplant and exhausted all options, because there's little time left. For NW6 it's like, just hope for anything to come, because it has to be damn effective.

That's all.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Think your missing something fella, replicell is likely to prevent further hair loss the chances of regrowing a full head of hair although not impossible at this stage looks very unlikely. Still for those born after the millenium this is a cure, and those lower norwoods it is also a cure as replicell and fue will end this misery for those.

I think we'll need to wait on efficacy data before assuming it can only possibly arrest hairloss. Until then we don't know if it is or isn't possible to add density with every injection. If it is possible we could be looking at something far superior than what we assumed this would be a few months ago. Bear in mind follica is capable of creating new hairs as well, and combining these treatments COULD (I realize this is optimistic, but nonetheless very possible) be a means to an end of hairloss for many!

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I really wasn't ridiculing him, it's just strange how the most skeptical person here should really look at any possible cure coming up, rather than picking through the possible faults. I mean he's literally got nothing left to lose, so why so incredibly negative?

I'd understand it more from a diffuse NW3 who's had a hair transplant and exhausted all options, because there's little time left. For NW6 it's like, just hope for anything to come, because it has to be damn effective.

That's all.

I think it has more to do with the fact that it's better to be pleasantly surprised then to be crushed after building so much hope.

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but those Replicel threads don't discuss their 24 month efficacy press release and the imminent release of the 60 month efficacy data.

Shisedo is planning to commercialize the treatment in Japan in late 2018 or in 2019. That's pretty near future for me.

My issue with this is that Replicel has had funding issues in the past and their stocks took a dive, we should be building hype for the product even though we have to take the company's word for it that the treatment is effective (until we can try it out ourselves).

My friend, more like 2027. Even thinking that Tsuji will be available in 10 years is being optimistic.

iamgotham

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, guys, IF Replicel gets to the market, it will only happen in 2022/2023. By then it will be useless for the most of us (hope not).