Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
You better hope that something that grows a lot of hair hits the market before Replicel or some other vaccine-like product does, because once a vaccine is developed, that's the end of any research into hair growth - there simply won't be a financial motive to continue with it.
and what about research to restore those who didn't get the vaccine?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
They've made this very clear in that tweet about release dates; the only hope of this tech getting released by 2019 is if it goes on sale in Japan, and they don't seem very optimistic about that happening. This is probably a 2022-2025 release if at all.

The best near term options are Brotzu or Follica. I was certain Follica was going to be available by 2019, but after reading that they haven't started Phase III trials, that clearly isn't going to be the case.

@occulus what are your expectations from replicel? I know you expect follica to be released sooner, but are you skeptical of its ability to revive enough hair with multiple injections to virtually be a cure?

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
That's right. If this is true then 100% of NW3s, and maybe even 100% of early NW4s, could get a full head of hair from hair transplants, and their full head of hair could be maintained forever with Replicel injections every few years. But we need to see what happened with those 6-month non-responders before we can make a good judgment about that.

I am always so very confused about who can get a green light on a hair transplant and who can't. The way people talk you should only get transplanted if you are 60 and NW1. Does propecia not halt loss for most? Like, how is ANYONE getting a transplant these days?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I really wasn't ridiculing him, it's just strange how the most skeptical person here should really look at any possible cure coming up, rather than picking through the possible faults. I mean he's literally got nothing left to lose, so why so incredibly negative?

I'd understand it more from a diffuse NW3 who's had a hair transplant and exhausted all options, because there's little time left. For NW6 it's like, just hope for anything to come, because it has to be damn effective.

That's all.

STFU.

Like I said before, you deserve to be bald.

And like I've also said before, I'm a NW5 or NW6 with some sparse hair on top. Let's say I'm a NW5 with sparse hair on top (that can be preserved forever with Replicel) then perhaps if I deplete my donor area completely I could have a decent head of hair. And if I can get my donor area to regenerate and deplete it again, then I could even have a full head of hair. But in any case, it's none of your f'n business.

You're rude and you have no class for questioning why another person wants to get his hair back when you're whining and sniveling about your own hair loss. You deserve to be bald and I'm very happy that you've lost hair. I hope that when Replicel comes to market you can't afford to go to Japan (multiple times) to get it.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
That's my point; there won't be a large enough potential market to justify it.

Yea right, because men and women who are losing their hair don't care if their hair loss progresses. Give me a break.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
If Shiseido gets decent results then they will make a decision based on marketability and potential profits. Any judgment at this time as to whether or not they will market the treatment early in Japan is baseless.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
But it won't, and we all know that. Even Replicel is very skeptical about it.

Why don't you think sheisido will market it sooner? Isn't the point of sheisido gaining rights to the tech to use in Japan to release it earlier than replicel does?

ForeverBald

My Regimen
Reaction score
So replicel for maintenance ? Like finasteride ? You have to use it every few years ? Please somebody enlighten me ?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
So replicel for maintenance ? Like finasteride ? You have to use it every few years ? Please somebody enlighten me ?

Propecia does not arrest hair loss for everyone. It's a pill that you have to take daily. It carries the risk of sexual side effects. The benefit can wear off after time.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Not after someone releases a preventative protocol like Replicel seems to have developed; people who care about hair loss (which is surprisingly a lot smaller than all of those who lose their hair) will get vaccinated and keep their hair their entire lives, and the rest will be out of luck, because they will represent such a small market that no one will bother servicing them. How large is the polio treatment market post vaccine? Same thing.

Assuming Shiseido's tech arrests hair loss for 100% of patients, treatments like Tsuji that are already in the pipeline will still come to market because there are lots of bald guys who would pay $ to recover their hair.

For example, let's project out a year or two into the future and Replicel has just come to market. Tsuji's treatment has just completed its' phase 1 human trial and it's successful. You're saying that Tsuji would have tech that can restore a full head of hair, it would only need to go through one more trial to get to market, and Tsuji will dump the entire effort because Replicel can arrest hair loss.

I really don't think so.

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
STFU.

Like I said before, you deserve to be bald.

And like I've also said before, I'm a NW5 or NW6 with some sparse hair on top. Let's say I'm a NW5 with sparse hair on top (that can be preserved forever with Replicel) then perhaps if I deplete my donor area completely I could have a decent head of hair. And if I can get my donor area to regenerate and deplete it again, then I could even have a full head of hair. But in any case, it's none of your f'n business.

You're rude and you have no class for questioning why another person wants to get his hair back when you're whining and sniveling about your own hair loss. You deserve to be bald and I'm very happy that you've lost hair. I hope that when Replicel comes to market you can't afford to go to Japan (multiple times) to get it.

I actually hope you get your hair back, so then you can be so crushed when 20 year old clubbing college chicks, then eventually ANY woman, doesn't want a bloated middle aged guy with OK hair.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't forget you dont have worry about future loss of native hair! That's a big detour for a lot of people that get transplant @ nw3 because if you're destined to become Norwood 6 or 7 you might not even want to get a hair transplant and no one knows were there genetically predisposed to go to. This goes for people who can't stand to take finasteride or duta.
It also allows you to create more donor hair by turning non-permanent hair permanent, if Replicel's 5 year data shows maintained hair counts over 6 months. Plus replicel is claiming that one participant had 25% extra hair growth over baseline after 24 months, so it also grows new hair.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not after someone releases a preventative protocol like Replicel seems to have developed; people who care about hair loss (which is surprisingly a lot smaller than all of those who lose their hair) will get vaccinated and keep their hair their entire lives, and the rest will be out of luck, because they will represent such a small market that no one will bother servicing them. How large is the polio treatment market post vaccine? Same thing.

There will be options for people who have n't been innoculated but it will be via other research, remember tsuji's main focus is n't hair it's organ regeneration. Hair is just the stepping stone and they will get there eventually, unfortunately it will probably be to late for most of us.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not misrepresenting anything. I'm not going to go hunting for the tweet for you, but it was recent and from Buckler in response to someone asking when Replicel would be available.

2e3zfar.png