Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I also think that whatever technique would preserve inductivity for dp cells would probably do likewise for dermal sheath cells. I have not seen any scientific research that proves that but the same as you think so, so do I.

Well you've successfully depressed me on replicel which sucks!

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometime in the next 7 days we will finally get all the phase 1 results. If the results improved over the 6 month data points and remained after 5 years I'll be so unbelievably happy.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well then see this brand new article about Epithelium stem cells, which is the main reason behind all these delays in hair cloning and culturing.
https://inflammregen.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s41232-017-0034-9

what is more interesting is the conclusion part - (which gives a lot of hope and assurance in a scientific manner rather than those fake photos of some negligible regrowth)

Conclusions
In recent years, remarkable progress has been made in the development of in vitro culture system for epithelial stem cells. The realization of the long-term culture of epithelial stem cells allows us not only to reproduce physiological events in vitro but also enables the development of therapeutic platforms based on cell transplantation. An increasing number of studies of epithelial stem cells clearly indicated that understanding the basic biology of these cells will be closely linked with clinical studies of human disease pathology, such as cancer and inflammation. The interactions of biological networks during tissue development and disease progression are complex at the cellular and molecular levels. Building an in vitro epithelial structure model can simplify this complexity and provide comprehensive views of epithelial physiology and pathophysiology. Moreover, in vitro epithelial models can easily be combined with genomic and epigenetic approaches and single-cell analyses. In addition, genome editing, e.g., the CRISPR-Cas9 system, can also be readily incorporated into the model. One drawback of in vitro epithelial structure models derived from the stem cells is that epithelial structures lack stromal populations. Although a simplified system provides direct insight into epithelial physiology in most cases, the interaction between different cell types is important for reproducing a genuine phenotype because all tissues consist of multiple cell types, such as epithelial cells, endothelial cells, mesothelial cells, fibroblasts, and hematopoietic cells. One possible solution to this problem is a self-organizing method, in which several cell types are mixed in vitro and spontaneously form actual organ-like structures. Although improvements are required to recapitulate the in vivo behavior of human organs, the ability to expand epithelial stem cells and generate a 3D structure model holds great promise for both basic and clinical research.

The thing is - the simplicity of hair follicle is almost ignored by the science community unlike Tsuji who correctly points out that rather than jumping onto regenerating complex organs or curing complicated diseases right now, they should focus on studying the cell interactions at molecular level and how these reactions change under different environment.

I wouldn't be surprised if hair follicle research leads to some other groundbreaking discoveries and cure.
It's the smallest, simple organ in our body which has the ability to regenerate but alas, this is ignored as hell (except Tsuji)

br1

Reaction score
Why would this mean they have good data coming?

Don't you think so? Would they tweet something like "hey,,, we are working hard on solving baldnes...." to later relase their data: "ahhhh.. know what guys? It didn't work!! bummer!!"

Doesn't make much sense to me. Lol

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
You know what its ok for somebody on here to express a positive opinion, you dont have to reply to all the comments, just a thought for you.

There's nothing wrong with expressing something positive. I hope you're right. I just don't want to get my hopes up until there's more evidence. There has been a lot of disappointment in hair loss research.

Last edited:
Reactions: br1

Ghostofchristmas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Leave my bro Nameless alone , let him post whatever he likes , let's stay united guys, remember you could have a different color , region , religion , opinions , but at the end of the day we are balding brothers .

Lets go #teambald

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Don't you think so? Would they tweet something like "hey,,, we are working hard on solving baldnes...." to later relase their data: "ahhhh.. know what guys? It didn't work!! bummer!!"

Doesn't make much sense to me. Lol

You can not imagine how much I hope you're right. I would give my left pinkie finger for you to be right.

That having been said, I think that Replicel should stop making statements until they release their data. They're getting people's hopes up before the facts are in.

Keep in mind that in order for Replicel to work that would mean that Jahoda/Gardner must be wrong about something regarding inductivity. If Replicel works then Jahoda/Gardner must have missed some key detail about inductivity and/or dermal sheath cells.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Here is an article where both Jahoda and Christiano talk about inductivity in culture:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/10/131021104242.htm

This is the first time researchers were able to protect any inductivity in cultured cells. They did this in 2013. Replicel's treatment was invented in 2012 or before. This means that Jahoda's and Christiano's findings could not have been part of Replicel's treatment since Jahoda's and Christiano's findings came AFTER Replicel's treatment was invented.

And keep in mind that the hairs Jahoda and Christiano were able to produce were frail and small in this first *successful* attempt to preserve at least some inductivity during culture. Some hairs could not even protrude from the skin. So even if Replicel had Jahoda's and Christiano's info at the time Replicel invented their treatment that info would not have been good enough to produce good quality hairs. But Replicel didn't have that info anyway because that info didn't exist until AFTER Replicel invented of it.

And up until that point in 2013 (when Jahoda and Christiano came up with that way to preserve some inductivity) as far as the world knew, this effort by Jahoda and Christiano, was the best anyone had ever done at preserving any inductivity. Ever since then the scientific community has been trying to invent technology that will preserve MORE inductivity because Jahoda and Christiano didn't preserve enough inductivity.

If Replicel works then that means that Jahoda and Christiano both missed some key point or Replicel secretly solved the inductivity problem 6 or 7 years ago.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is an article where both Jahoda and Christiano talk about inductivity in culture:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/10/131021104242.htm

This is the first time researchers were able to protect any inductivity in cultured cells. They did this in 2013. Replicel's treatment was invented in 2012 or before. This means that Jahoda's and Christiano's findings could not have been part of Replicel's treatment. And keep in mind that the hairs produced in this first *successful* attempt to preserve at least some inductivity during culture were frail and small. Some could not even protrude from the skin. So even if Replicel had Jahoda's and Christiano's info at the time Replicel invented their treatment that information would not be good enough to produce good quality hairs.

If Replicel works then that means that Jahoda and Christiano both missed some key point.

So wouldn't shiseido want to some type of proof of concept before making the investment they did? I'm sparring for hope i suppose...

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
So wouldn't shiseido want to some type of proof of concept before making the investment they did?

It does seem like they would have wanted proof of concept.

I'm hoping that maybe Shiseido looked over what Replicel had, and also looked over recent developments in inductivity research, and decided that if they combined what Replicel had with new developments in inductivity research, then maybe they could cure hair loss. Keep in mind that before Shiseido started their trials some intriguing scientific information was publicized about possibly reducing the inductivity problem.

But I don't know if Shiseido added more recent information/tech to Replicel's technology. If they did then Shiseido could be on to something big.

Do you know if Shiseido added more recent technology/information to the technology they got from Replicel? I seem to recall reading somewhere that they did.

Last edited:
Reactions: br1

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel works then that means that Jahoda and Christiano both missed some key point.

The approach of Replicel and the approach of Jahoda very different.

Jahoda tried to create new hair follicles from scratch, much like Tsuji and had the problem that epithelial stem cells would differentiate into the wrong kind of cell in culture.

Stem cells are cells that can turn into different types of cells, which is called differenciation.

Replicel doesn't culture stem cells, they culture the already differenciated dermal papilla cells.

They use it to fill up the amount of dp cells in miniaturised hair hoping for a slightly thicker hair. But even more important they hope for a hair follicle that it is less sensitive to dht, as the cells are taken from the donor.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
The approach of Replicel and the approach of Jahoda very different.

Jahoda tried to create new hair follicles from scratch, much like Tsuji and had the problem that epithelial stem cells would differentiate into the wrong kind of cell in culture.

Stem cells are cells that can turn into different types of cells, which is called differenciation.

Replicel doesn't culture stem cells, they culture the already differenciated dermal papilla cells.

They use it to fill up the amount of dp cells in miniaturised hair hoping for a slightly thicker hair. But even more important they hope for a hair follicle that it is less sensitive to dht, as the cells are taken from the donor.

I hope you're right.

But I don't think so.

Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've been around a long time!!! Back in the Jahoda days :)

Many moons...

Ghostofchristmas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I will wait till the end of 2018. That's when Hair cloning will be available. Trials are Currently being done and successful so far. Only issue is the color of hair that could be different than your native hair. Big deal, just color it with whatever you like.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I think I will wait till the end of 2018. That's when Hair cloning will be available. Trials are Currently being done and successful so far. Only issue is the color of hair that could be different than your native hair. Big deal, just color it with whatever you like.

What hair cloning trials are successful? Please share your info with us.