Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll guess what will happen: the results will be the same as phase 1 or slightly better, no pics or kinda shitty ones, they'll say they want to do another phase, we will get mad over here and call rch-01 sh*t for a couple of years.
God I Hope I'm wrong but this is how It always works.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if Replicel knows yet, or if we have more information right now than Replicel

I doubt any communication from some one associated with Replicel gets a response but there is nothing stopping them from inquiring like we did.

Furthermore, I don't know what open means. Open to Shiseido in two months? It may then still be up to Shiseido at that point to publicly release the study results.

Either way this is good news. RCH-01 is not dead in the water, provided that the results are at least as good as phase 1.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if Replicel knows yet, or if we have more information right now than Replicel

Lee has no clue lol

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 8.58.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 8.58.22 PM.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 473

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll guess what will happen: the results will be the same as phase 1 or slightly better, no pics or kinda shitty ones, they'll say they want to do another phase, we will get mad over here and call rch-01 sh*t for a couple of years.

Phase I showed maintenance for 5 years. That is still a win. If phase II is slightly better with regrowth, awesome, but I will be more than happy with just getting donor region level of DHT resistance applied to my whole scalp for the rest of my life. f*** this nightmare.

I just hope they see the huge value that is in applied donor resistance and commercialize ASAP.

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Me too, I hope you are wrong :p

I doubt any communication from some one associated with Replicel gets a response but there is nothing stopping them from inquiring like we did.

Furthermore, I don't know what open means. Open to Shiseido in two months? It may then still be up to Shiseido at that point to publicly release the study results.

Either way this is good news. RCH-01 is not dead in the water, provided that the results are at least as good as phase 1.

I think he would say that the results will be published and accessible, we can see it (open) on the clinical trial's plateform : https://upload.umin.ac.jp/cgi-open-bin/ctr_e/ctr_view.cgi?recptno=R000026894

The clinical trial started in july 2016.

upload_2019-5-8_0-16-26.png

YourBoy

My Regimen
Reaction score
We don't even know if it's going to work in general. That's why we wait for the results.
Based on its mechanisms what do you think? I would assume that since not every since part of the scalp is miniaturized that there’s hope, am I wrong?

McBald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on its mechanisms what do you think? I would assume that since not every since part of the scalp is miniaturized that there’s hope, am I wrong?
Yes, theoretically it could work as long as there are healthy hair follicles around. But all these are just speculations for now

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Well to be honest I expect total hair count in few percentages. but if it is over a 2 year or 3 year timeframe then they might have something that stops the Androgenetic Alopecia progression. If the price is cheap they might still have a product.
That said a 2 or 3 years of stop loss bought might just be enough until more serious treatments come to market. What is clear that everyone here eager to be among the early patients will have to travel to Japan.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well to be honest I expect total hair count in few percentages. but if it is over a 2 year or 3 year timeframe then they might have something that stops the Androgenetic Alopecia progression. If the price is cheap they might still have a product.
That said a 2 or 3 years of stop loss bought might just be enough until more serious treatments come to market. What is clear that everyone here eager to be among the early patients will have to travel to Japan.

I guess so...but if its really only a few percent, then the alternative could be NGF-574H from Celino. If claims are legit, total hair volume increased more than 45%..

In a few months we know more...hopefully

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to quote it all at once, before we start to over speculate what Replicel want to do or not.

RCH-01: Androgenetic Alopecia
In 2017, RepliCel completed a phase 1 human clinical trial of RCH-01 in patients with androgenetic alopecia. The study proved the product’s safety and provided very promising indications of the product’s efficacy in terms of minimizing hair loss and increasing hair density in a subset of patients. We are very excited about this product’s potential but have several steps to go yet before we can bring it to the market.

A human clinical study of RCH-01 was recently completed at Tokyo Medical University Hospital and Toho University Ohasi Medical Center in Japan. The study was funded by RepliCel’s partner, Shiseido Company, which also manufactured the product for the study at its facility in Kyoto, Japan. There is a possibility the data from this study may be enough for Shiseido to decide to launch the product in Japan. All such commercial decisions for this product related to Asia (e.g., timing of product launch, pricing, etc) are for Shiseido to decide.

RepliCel is currently working with investigators at the University of British Columbia on a research study that is anticipated to provide improvements to the technology related to manufacturing, product profiles, and clinical outcomes.

We will continue to keep our stakeholders informed as we evaluate the right time to move into our own phase 2 clinical trial of RCH-02 (likely in Europe). If you are interested in signing up to stay informed or to register your interest in participating in a future trial (should one be located in your area), please use the sign-up form here.

FAQs About RCH-01

Will the RCH-01 treatment create greater hair density increases when it is commercially approved than we saw in the phase 1 trial?
We certainly expect to see better outcomes in future trials because the product is continuously being improved, finding the best dose should deliver better results, and we expect to see greater hair density increases when we are permitted to test multiple rounds of injections.

Will RCH-01 treatment work for people with the most advanced stages of hair loss?
We won’t know the answer to this until we do clinical testing on more advanced stages of hair loss than we did in our phase 1 trial.

Will RCH-01 treatment work for hair loss caused by conditions other than androgenetic alopecia?
We won’t know the answer to this until we do research and/or clinical testing on conditions other than androgenetic alopecia.

When will the RCH-01 treatment for pattern baldness be available on the market?
In short, we are not yet in a position to adequately predict this. RepliCel recently completed phase 1 human clinical trials of all its products currently in development, including RCH-01. In most countries, it takes completing at least three phases of clinical trials to obtain approval to market a product.

Japan has recently created rules by which certain cell therapies may be commercially launched much faster than is the case in most countries. This has fueled speculation that RCH-01 may be put on the market after the current trial being conducted in Japan is completed sometime in 2018. While this is a possibility there is not guarantee this will happen for a host of reasons. Stay tuned!

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll probably get some of that skin rejuvenation too
No news at all about it though, no phaseI, no nothing

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They don't give us any information of the research about RCS-01. All we know is that phase I is complete

So if the information isn't spoon fed to you then it doesn't exist?

If you actually went to their website.

RCS-01: Sun-damaged and Aging Skin
In 2017, RepliCel completed a phase 1 human clinical trial of RCS-01 in patients with aging or sun-damaged skin. The study proved the product’s safety and provided very promising indications of the product’s potential efficacy in terms of impacting what we call ‘biomarkers’ in the layer under the skin which keeps it looking young and healthy.

We are currently working with our dermatology advisors to finalize the design of a phase 2 clinical study to evaluate the product’s ability to rejuvenate skin by countering the impact of aging and sun-damage (most notably, fine wrinkles).

We completed a phase 1 trial RCS-01 in 2017 and are laying plans for next-phase studies to be conducted in both China and Japan. If you are interested in signing up to stay informed or to possibly participate in this trial (should it be located near you), please sign up here.

RCS-01
FOR Rejuvenating Skin
RCS-01 is an autologous cell therapy utilizing non-bulbar dermal sheath (NBDS) cells - a type of fibroblast cell - isolated from the hair follicle to repair and regenerate tissue.

Though several cell types are involved in generating and maintaining healthy connective tissue, fibroblasts play a critical role by expressing many types of tissue-building proteins. The NBDS cells which are the focus of RepliCel's patented technologies, are the most prolific generators of collagen (Type 1 and 2) of any fibroblasts found anywhere in the body. These cells are responsible for generating the fast-growing tissue of the hair follicle every time a new follicle is generated as part of its regular cycle.

rcs-01-injection.jpg

These cells are isolated from a small tissue sample taken from the back of the patient's scalp and used to grow millions more of these cells which are then reintroduced into areas where tissue has degenerated such as that layer under the skin which thins as we age or damage it due to sun, environmental factors, smoking, etc. The cells are injected to generate new, healthy tissue under the skin to improve its appearance.

Paper 1 and Paper 2 all of the information found on their website.

So what information is it that you feel you don't get? Is it because you can't navigate the internet and websites?