Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody should be expecting the trial results. It's very unlikely we'll hear them anytime soon, and Shiseido doesn't seem to be in a hurry to hand them over to RepliCel. Especially if they have a working, marketable product.

If not for RepliCel, the odds of any of us ever knowing the results of the trial would be basically 0. The only reason RepliCel publicly divulges such information at all is because they desperately want to attract investors. Shiseido is not concerned with that.

Cosmetic companies are constantly running new things through trials and never talk about them publicly. Because A: Competitors are watching, and B: Nobody gives a sh*t but us, and some guys in suits.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody should be expecting the trial results. It's very unlikely we'll hear them anytime soon, and Shiseido doesn't seem to be in a hurry to hand them over to RepliCel. Especially if they have a working, marketable product.

If not for RepliCel, the odds of any of us ever knowing the results of the trial would be basically 0. The only reason RepliCel publicly divulges such information at all is because they desperately want to attract investors. Shiseido is not concerned with that.

Cosmetic companies are constantly running new things through trials and never talk about them publicly. Because A: Competitors are watching, and B: Nobody gives a sh*t but us, and some guys in suits.

I agree. Shiseido never gave the 2018 time frame for market. Also, I don't believe they are required to make the results public to get approval to commercialize. We may not hear about the results until after release which may still be a ways out.

Remember this document? https://www.shiseidogroup.com/news/detail.html?n=00000000002396

It's the 3 year plan 2018 -2020.

3. New Value Creation through Innovation
By merging our own knowledge and experience with the capabilities of acquired brands and technologies together with the high expertise of talented people we will not only produce innovation in cosmetics but also build innovative business models and explore new frontiers such as artificial skin, hair and skin regeneration, and advanced beauty care. Furthermore we will increase the number of R&D personnel to 1,500 and aim for R&D investment-to-sales ratio of 3% by 2020. In order to maximize R&D capabilities on a global level, the “Global Innovation Center” will start its operations in Yokohama Minato Mirai 21, from December 2018, as a hub for all our innovation centers around the world.

This is a time frame provided by Shiseido. Although it doesn't specifically state commercialize, If by after 2020 nothing comes from RCH-01 from Shiseido, then maybe one could say they have abandoned it but until then, I feel it is highly unlikely.

They built an entire facility in Kobe for the sole purpose of RCH-01 research and commercialization. It is unlikely they would invest so much into RCH-01 unless they knew it would work.
https://www.shiseidogroup.com/releimg/2289-e.pdf

I think all the disappointment is due to Lee Buckler's false and made up timelines.

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. Shiseido never gave the 2018 time frame for market. Also, I don't believe they are required to make the results public to get approval to commercialize. We may not hear about the results until after release which may still be a ways out.

No, in 2016, Shiseido has already gave the 2018 time frame for market.

Iwai from Shiseido has already said that it would be on market in 2018 and for, at least 887 dollars...

Article states Shiseido procedure will cost 100,00 yen ($887) U.S. dollars and It would be on market in 2018

“The fee to receive the treatment will be at least 100,000 yen ($887),” Iwai said.
https://www.japanbullet.com/news/sh...ss-cure-for-planned-commercial-launch-in-2018
http://replicel.com/recent_coverage/shiseido-trial-baldness-cure-planned-commercial-launch-2018/

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can not imagine Sisheido postponing a commercial launch of the product due to differences with Replicel.
If the product is successful against hairloss why waiting? Revenue and profits are lost.
In addition, competitors are on the horizon..be it Celino, Histogen or others.

IF the product has proven efficacy and is ready for commercial launch..it most likely will be offered to the public.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can not imagine Sisheido postponing a commercial launch of the product due to differences with Replicel.
If the product is successful against hairloss why waiting? Revenue and profits are lost.
In addition, competitors are on the horizon..be it Celino, Histogen or others.

IF the product has proven efficacy and is ready for commercial launch..it most likely will be offered to the public.
Two very big “ifs”

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, in 2016, Shiseido has already gave the 2018 time frame for market.

Iwai from Shiseido has already said that it would be on market in 2018 and for, at least 887 dollars...

Article states Shiseido procedure will cost 100,00 yen ($887) U.S. dollars and It would be on market in 2018

“The fee to receive the treatment will be at least 100,000 yen ($887),” Iwai said.
https://www.japanbullet.com/news/sh...ss-cure-for-planned-commercial-launch-in-2018
http://replicel.com/recent_coverage/shiseido-trial-baldness-cure-planned-commercial-launch-2018/

The Japan Bullet article has been talked about before. I believe in this thread. No where in the article is Shiseido quoted for claiming a 2018 release. The author of the article is just rehashing the replicel timeline. The price point though was quoted by Iwai which is good news, it is not expensive relatively speaking.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so has everybody given up on rch-01 2020 release? wtf this forum is either too optimistic or pessimistic, no in betweens

Well, if we had at least one good and effective treatment, we would have a reason to optimistic, but I think like the guy above. I don't want to create expectations, I want to wake up a day and hear on the news that the hairloss cure was discovered.

I had hope once, but it was postponed to 2025.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a response from Dr Ryoji

Dear *****,

The results will be open in two months.

However, I will not able to inform you personally.

Regards,

Ryoji Tsuboi, MD, PhD

Awesome man, thank you for sharing. Can you provide a screenshot of the email? (Leaving out personal details of course).

McBald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome man, thank you for sharing. Can you provide a screenshot of the email? (Leaving out personal details of course).
Of course

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 4.52.15 PM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 4.52.15 PM copy.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 2,198