Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb. | Page 109 | HairLossTalk Forums

Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by That Guy, Jan 24, 2017.

1. br1

br1 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    That, and the fact they invested a bunch of money, opened a new facility to research it (https://www.shiseidogroup.com/releimg/2289-e.pdf).. that plus the results from Phase 1.

It seems very promising to me. But, let's keep our feet on the ground. Shiseido next milestone is to release Phase2 results. If they succeed, then that's it!

After release, idk.. It will be open to foreigners (since they said it would be performed in hospitals, initially)?

But, 1 step at a time.!

2. br1

br1 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Shiseido's RCH-01 is an improved version of Replicel's tech.

Confirm?

* I remember reading that they (Shiseido) were improving the technology.. That's why they opened a research facility in Kobe.

3. Hate da Bt

Hate da Bt Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Nope, Aderans failed to amplify mesenchymal stem cells (=dermal papillae) and that is why it ended.
    On the other hand, Replicel succeeded in amplifying another strand of cells, the sheath cup ones, and that is why Shiseido bought RCH-01 for the Asian market.
    What's interesting is that Tsuji's trying to amplify those stem cells, Aderans failed to amplify, and, if he succeeds, those stem cells could be injected, as well.
    I'm pretty confident that the injection of epithelial and mesenchymal stem cells will be proven to be a rather effective treatment for halting hair loss (presumably even restoration!).

#2163 Hate da Bt, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    br1 likes this.
  4. Hate da Bt

Hate da Bt Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Shiseido has readjusted doses and the number of injections per patient.
    I think there were three injections included in the trial, but I ain't 100% sure.

Noisette and br1 like this.
  5. MrV88

MrV88 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Don't know if they've improved it, but I'm sure as hell they did. İmmunization is definitely done for at least 2 years, maybe even more so a combination of a good hair transplant and Shiseido should be seen as a close 70-80% cure.
    I really do hope that they've achieved thickening of minituarized and thinned hair (not totally gone ones), so a reverse of 1-2 Norwood could be possible with this.
    Still waiting for trial results and a clearance if it could grow back at least some hair, especially in the donor area.

razzmatazz91 and Noisette like this.
  6. d3nt3dsh0v3l

d3nt3dsh0v3l Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Jesus Christ man.

But then again, injected daily with tons of DHT is as much of a death sentence to baldites as it is a type of HRT and recreational steroid use.

Basically you're right, it sounds like torture to have a mirror and watch your hair fall out, but hair loss, body hair growth, beard gains, acne and ass cancer will probably be compounded with strength gains, size and leaning out haha. Having a mirror around might not be torture if you are shredded brah.

Hair loss and prostate cancer aside, I actually like DHT ;_; I think he is a pretty cool and badass guy.

#2166 d3nt3dsh0v3l, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    tomJ and Noisette like this.
  7. TONSofBODYHAIR

TONSofBODYHAIR Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

I may not know the exact details about what strand of cells they multiplied or not but im 100% sure when i searched about the aderans trials they managed to halt all hairloss similar to Rch01 but they didnt manage regrowth, they had a viable hairloss treatment and they threw it away because it didnt produce any significant cosmetic result although itoffered sideless maintenance

#2167 TONSofBODYHAIR, Jan 11, 2018
  8. Noisette

Noisette Established Member

Dislikes Received:
  9. SkinDiesel

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Anybody else optimistic that Shiseido + Follica could act as a functional cure for many?

RegenWaiting and thomps1523 like this.
  10. d3nt3dsh0v3l

d3nt3dsh0v3l Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    We should be careful about which is which, because I think that the principle behind RCH-01 and Riken is pretty different.

Go to 3:20 (since this site doesn't allow time stamped embedding).
    You see that what Ken has shown is that if you take dermal and epithelial cells and put them in a medium, they find each other and assemble into organoids and bear hair. The thinking then was, what if we injected both cells into the skin - wouldn't we expect the same?

Go to 5:00

What Replicel has shown is that if you only inject dermal sheath cup cells (which are thought to produce dermal papilla cells - the ones that actually make the hair), then they integrate themselves into existing dying follicles and rejuvenate them (they have also tried other cells but DSCs gave the best results so this is part of the "official" product). So no new follicles or massive density increase but maintenance.

Perhaps what happened with Aderans is that self-assembly of hair was expected but instead a maintenance therapy was discovered. I am not too sure.

What Tsuji is trying to do is create in lab the organ germ for a follicle, which is essentially a partially organized ball of epithelial and mesenchymal cells, and then to inject that germ into the scalp, where it should complete development and hopefully integrate very well with the scalp, for example connected to the arrector pili muscle, which in turn may direct the assembly of the follicle with the natural hair pattern alignment. The cool thing about Tsuji is that he has shown that this does indeed work as intended (in mice, even with using human cells). Now we wait for them to do it on humans :)
    upload_2018-1-11_16-38-3.png

upload_2018-1-11_16-37-23.png
    As a side note, mesenchymal stem cells differentiate into several useful cell types, so solving this culturing problem is a big deal for Tsuji since he is interested in organ regeneration in general. His book Organ Regeneration is really cool stuff.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can correct and/or append me if I have stated anything incorrectly.

#2170 d3nt3dsh0v3l, Jan 11, 2018
    Hate da Bt, kuba197, MrV88 and 2 others like this.
  11. thomps1523

thomps1523 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    That’s my biggest question... depends on if sheisido can turn vellus hairs terminal.

RegenWaiting and Georgie like this.
  12. br1

br1 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think you got it right. At least I have interpreted it the same.

Riken = building new follicles "from scratch", by putting some cells together.
    RCH-01 = injecting one type of cell, which would migrate to the follicle, regenerating it - because DHT destroys these cells. The new cells being injected, are from immune follicles. (Note: on Replicel's promotional video, they say it "could happen" for new follicles to be formed - so I believe they are still to find out if it will happen)..

d3nt3dsh0v3l likes this.
  13. Georgie

Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Salivating at the thought of this

14. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I’m super excited about all of this, but then I wonder: is this going to be available in my country? How much am I going to have to pay for this? Aaaand I feel depressed again

The 7TH Sense likes this.
  15. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Totally dreaming about showering without my hairs melting out of my head. Thick hair that can be easily styled and looks good without effort. Not envying everyone who has normal hair. God I hope this comes out soon.

Johnt1997, Pelopeleon and Blackber like this.
  16. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Just tread a fucking cap filled with stem cells needles and juice me up. Straight to every single follicle please.

Choi Han Kyul and MrV88 like this.
  17. Georgie

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes

Jonnyyy likes this.
  18. razzmatazz91

razzmatazz91 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Poor poor reputation as a company. A dozen employees, and the only product being sold...or sale being attempted, is an injector.
    Check out views of investors and stock prices.

Shiseido on the other hand is a cosmetic giant in Japan. Agreed. Shiseido is the only reason I have faith in RCH-01

Georgie likes this.
  19. MrV88

MrV88 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

I think that Shiseido is the real deal in the whole process, as far as I know they got their own product/research for hair growth that hasn't been licensed and therefore an enhanced or maybe even combined treatment could well be available.

A whole new research facility is quite an impressive move for "just a sideless mantaining".

Even bioxcin or minoxidil adversed hair regrowth, really can't wait for the release of this.

br1 likes this.
  20. That Guy

That Guy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I am betting on it.

At worst, Follica will be able to offer the results of the Dhurat study, which would already be enough for me and many others.

We also know that the process can be repeated, and I've yet to hear one (scientific) argument that can explain why the results couldn't be increased further with repeat sessions.

With RCH-01, we know that your hair will remain steadfast for at least five years, but possibly indefinitely as intended.

For me, 2018 is a big deal for my hair because I'm waiting to see the Shiseido results and if Follica begins their pivotal or not. I really don't want to do a transplant if I don't have to. But I'm not a high Norwood, so it's better than nothing if it comes down to it and the meds have worked brilliantly for me.

Either way, I'll be back to being a "fullhead oppressor" before my 30s and that is a comforting feeling.

RegenWaiting, mpanju, br1 and 5 others like this.