Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yet almost all people who have problem with hair, are taking this ****. Money flows, that's what it counts.
Greater potential has RU58841 and for some reason pharma don't give damn.

Next to no one who is losing their hair is even aware that Propecia exists.

I had a lengthy discussion about this with a user called "Paul Phoenix", an obvious Tekken fan (Street Fighter is better, Paul) that you can search up if you like where I linked to a bunch of a data about this.

Something like 80% of men are unaware that Propecia exists and out of those who do know about it, most feel that the results it offers (in terms of regrowth) are not worth taking medication daily for.

Those of us who take it on a regular schedule for hairloss are a tiny minority.

Most men simply don't care about their hairloss.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those of us who take it on a regular schedule for hairloss are a tiny minority.

I studied countless numbers of hair transplant operations, countless number of people who decided to fight against hair loss and in my research in hair loss subject, my conclusion is exact opposite what you are saying. Not mentioning that it is hard to convince huge numbers of doctor to operate without finasteride.

P.S I did not count men who don’t care about Hair Loss in case of taking propecia/finasteride…

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bullshit.

Sure, a lot of people may be unaware of the drug, or may be too scared of the hysteria about sides.... But that there idea that most men simply don't care is incorrect.

I agree. And look what is going on around. Cosmetic business is telling now not only to woman how they should look like, but also men are their target. My point is that commercial is creating in human minds a problem(as they always did) and one of their target is to make mans with hair loss, less attractive. So maybe in 90s, even early 2000+, they did not care about it. But now they do more then ever.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bullshit.

Sure, a lot of people may be unaware of the drug, or may be too scared of the hysteria about sides.... But that there idea that most men simply don't care is incorrect.

They don't. Do you really think these forums would be so full of guys who loathe the "just shave it" comments from other men, that you'd see so many bald guys, or that 90% of you would be outright AFRAID to speak in real life about hairloss for fear of ridicule if most men cared?

Men do not generally care about their appearance; those who do are often seen as closet gays or metrosexuals at best. In terms of pursuing women, most men do generally believe that other traits like "confidence", "money" and "sense of humor" are enough to make up for looking like f*****g Nosferatu. These terms are almost universally despised by anyone who DOES care about their hairloss because they realize that personality traits and finances do not create sexual desire in the absence of sexually-attractive characteristics, as those are nigh exclusively based on appearance.

Would most men rather have hair than be bald? No doubt.

But the claim that men generally care about it so as to take any action to do something about it that DOESN'T involve a razorblade can easily be debunked by simple observation of the general population and nearly universal anecdotes.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find it pretty laughable to make such a generalized, sweeping statement that men don’t care about their physical appearance. Pretty much every guy that I know puts a certain degree of effort into their appearance, whether it manifests itself in hair/beard grooming, hygiene, clothes, physique, etc. It seems far too reductive to me to conclude that men “don’t care” about hairloss just by pointing out the low percentage of men who actually seek treatment. People don’t seek treatment because they don’t work, or they don’t work nearly well enough to justify the cost at least or there are serious side effects that offer a real deterrent to doing so. That’s why there are so many bald guys who don’t seek treatment - they look at a dude like Lebron James, who is one of the wealthiest people in the country, try desperately to save what remaining hair he has - even in the face of ridicule - and he can’t even get good results. So what’s the hope/ point for us average joes?

As others have pointed out, a big part of this is just based on societal shifts. Dating and hook-up aps at the forefront of meeting the opposite sex operate under the assumption of mutual physical attraction. And obesity rates in the United States are higher among women than men, indicating that men are more socially conscious about keeping up a healthy appearance. I don’t think men accepting their fate and reaching for the razor can be explained by disinterest or neutrality, it’s the only psychologically viable outcome when a person comes to terms with the fact that their hair is gone and science can’t bring it back.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I find it pretty laughable to make such a generalized, sweeping statement that men don’t care about their physical appearance. Pretty much every guy that I know puts a certain degree of effort into their appearance, whether it manifests itself in hair/beard grooming, hygiene, clothes, physique, etc. It seems far too reductive to me to conclude that men “don’t care” about hairloss just by pointing out the low percentage of men who actually seek treatment. People don’t seek treatment because they don’t work, or they don’t work nearly well enough to justify the cost at least or there are serious side effects that offer a real deterrent to doing so. That’s why there are so many bald guys who don’t seek treatment - they look at a dude like Lebron James, who is one of the wealthiest people in the country, try desperately to save what remaining hair he has - even in the face of ridicule - and he can’t even get good results. So what’s the hope/ point for us average joes?

As others have pointed out, a big part of this is just based on societal shifts. Dating and hook-up aps at the forefront of meeting the opposite sex operate under the assumption of mutual physical attraction. And obesity rates in the United States are higher among women than men, indicating that men are more socially conscious about keeping up a healthy appearance. I don’t think men accepting their fate and reaching for the razor can be explained by disinterest or neutrality, it’s the only psychologically viable outcome when a person comes to terms with the fact that their hair is gone and science can’t bring it back.

Couldn’t have said it better.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate that this discussion seems to come up in almost every interesting thread if there aren’t any updates over a period of time. Let’s hope that for all of us that do care about our appearance that sheisido, follica, and Tsuji are able to bring us our much deserved hair salvation!

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
What news from the potential 2018 Shiseido RCH-01 release?
The trial will be done about midway into the year. Not been said when data/results will be finally gathered or if the data/results will be released. It’s being done in support from the University of Tokyo so maybe it will be published in a journal. It’s ultimately up to Shesido if they will try to continue with launch as per said by Replicel. There’s no guarantee, all we can’t do is hope for the best at the moment.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't forget that even if it will be relased in this year, that I am really hoping, it will take some years to actually get it. Waiting list will be unbelievable long. Can't imagine how long :( Maybe lots of years :(

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't forget that even if it will be relased in this year, that I am really hoping, it will take some years to actually get it. Waiting list will be unbelievable long. Can't imagine how long :( Maybe lots of years :(

That's why this forum must stay well connected to the research and its progress. Being first in line before the rest of the general public hears about these things on the ten o'clock news a week after their release.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
That's why this forum must stay well connected to the research and its progress. Being first in line before the rest of the general public hears about these things on the ten o'clock news a week after their release.

All I know is that these people will know if this treatment works well before the official release. These companies are run by businessmen all too familiar with how to turn a profit. They are discussing, and working on scaling the treatment now, it isn’t a concept that is going to take them by complete surprise. This talk of waiting lines is sort of silly to me. I can promise you the biggest issue that stands in your way will be the time you’ll be required to stay in Japan to finish the treatment, not the waiting line.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
All I know is that these people will know if this treatment works well before the official release. These companies are run by businessmen all too familiar with how to turn a profit. They are discussing, and working on scaling the treatment now, it isn’t a concept that is going to take them by complete surprise. This talk of waiting lines is sort of silly to me. I can promise you the biggest issue that stands in your way will be the time you’ll be required to stay in Japan to finish the treatment, not the waiting line.

I hope that is the main limitation to long waiting lines because I can stay in Japan for as long as it will take. But then, who knows how many native Japanese men will be lining up, no doubt with priorty given over my Gaijin ***.

Reactions: br1

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score

Lol. I'll race you to it, bub.

I hope that is the main limitation to long waiting lines because I can stay in Japan for as long as it will take. But then, who knows how many native Japanese men will be lining up, no doubt with priorty given over my Gaijin ***.

Gaijin?

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why do you say that? What are you basing this off of? No one, outside of hair loss forums (which constitues the extreme minority of MLB patients), even knows about this. Most guys are barely even aware of finasteride. Unless they do some massive marketing as a cure for hair loss, I think anyone who wants to get it done will be able to do so within 6 months of release.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Even if they do announce it on news, they did the same thing with propecia and that was back 20 years ago and people still don't know about it. I'm telling you, the average westerner suffering from male pattern baldness is not going to bother flying to japan to get a treatment done if they can't be bothered to get a pill at their local pharmacy. We are the minority which is good for us.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Prince William is bald and shaved his head....still don't think he has any clue of Tsuji... even if he won't be one of the first on the list our chance aren't THST bad to get it done if the price is affordable