Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if they do announce it on news, they did the same thing with propecia and that was back 20 years ago and people still don't know about it. I'm telling you, the average westerner suffering from male pattern baldness is not going to bother flying to japan to get a treatment done if they can't be bothered to get a pill at their local pharmacy. We are the minority which is good for us.

its not about popping a simple pill, its about the risks of said pill. No reasonable human should resort to altering his endocrinological profile just for the sake of keeping his hair, yet 20 years later this is the only available barbaric treatment...

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prince William is bald and shaved his head....still don't think he has any clue of Tsuji... even if he won't be one of the first on the list our chance aren't THST bad to get it done if the price is affordable

That's what I'm saying, the consensus for the general public is that hair loss is something you inherent and nothing can be done about it. So when/if they hear about new treatments, they brush them off. I doubt there will be any lines for RCH-01 that cause us to wait years.

Reactions: br1

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its not about popping a simple pill, its about the risks of said pill. No reasonable human should resort to altering his endocrinological profile just for the sake of keeping his hair, yet 20 years later this is the only available barbaric treatment...

Most people are completely unaware of the risks because they are completely unaware of the pill. I think the reason the vast majority of people in the general public that have actually heard of finasteride don't use it is because they believe it won't work. Really, the only people familiar with finasteride side effects are ppl who visit hair loss forums which is the extreme minority of hair loss suffers world wide.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying, the consensus for the general public is that hair loss is something you inherent and nothing can be done about it. So when/if they hear about new treatments, they brush them off. I doubt there will be any lines for RCH-01 that cause us to wait years.
Yip..gonna get my injection and will forget about it too and I can surely tell that 99% of the guys that will get this treatment won't tell it to anyone else just to look better than other bald guys.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This won't be as mainstream as everybody thinks, neither will tsuji, 80% of the population thinks bald is a choice and you can just get a hair transplant and not be bald anymore, nothing will ever get much media attention unless it turns you from a Norwood 7 to a 1 in a matter of days.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
This won't be as mainstream as everybody thinks, neither will tsuji, 80% of the population thinks bald is a choice and you can just get a hair transplant and not be bald anymore, nothing will ever get much media attention unless it turns you from a Norwood 7 to a 1 in a matter of days.
Yeah, it is weird. I've often been told I should just go and get an hair transplant... "It's just so easy these days."
Makes me want to slap the fuckers.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score

I was thinking about RCH-01 the other day and reached the opposite conclusion.

The data Shieseido have already published amounts to nothing less than a paradigm shift in how hair loss is approached and perceived. As I recall, all of the test subjects were at least at baseline levels two years after the injection. That amounts to what is essentially a vaccine for hair loss. In the same way children are immunised in advance against mumps, measles and rubella, men and women will be able to vaccinate themselves against alopecia at the earliest and most minor signs of loss. At such a modest price (I’ve seen approximations around the $1000 mark), this will shrink the hair transplant industry within about twenty years, when all existing bald men will have either had the transplant or accepted their shorn domes. Only a handful of FUE auteurs will remain; hair transplantation will be looked back on in the future as a medical curio and an almost barbarous practice for variable results.

Shiseido is tremendously underhyped considering the implications of its trial results thus far.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about RCH-01 the other day and reached the opposite conclusion.

The data Shieseido have already published amounts to nothing less than a paradigm shift in how hair loss is approached and perceived. As I recall, all of the test subjects were at least at baseline levels two years after the injection. That amounts to what is essentially a vaccine for hair loss. In the same way children are immunised in advance against mumps, measles and rubella, men and women will be able to vaccinate themselves against alopecia at the earliest and most minor signs of loss. At such a modest price (I’ve seen approximations around the $1000 mark), this will shrink the hair transplant industry within about twenty years, when all existing bald men will have either had the transplant or accepted their shorn domes. Only a handful of FUE auteurs will remain; hair transplantation will be looked back on in the future as a medical curio and an almost barbarous practice for variable results.

Shiseido is tremendously underhyped considering the implications of its trial results thus far.
No one here thought about this, because everyone around here already lost a good amount of hair and want it back. Not clear at the moment if it grow back something, another problem is that hairloss is mostly realized when it's too late, so FUE should be still considered as an option as long as we don't immunize people to hairloss before it even starts

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup. Even if what @ZZmop says becomes a reality, it will take decades for us to get there.
It's such an interesting thing to even think about...lol. I hope we reach a situation like that one day.

br1

Reaction score
I say lets wait for the Phase 2 results. It's been said that the DSC cells could have the potential to recruit some other cells and then form new follicles. It's on their documents.

Hope the trial results will show some regrow (new follicles). Nonetheless, a hairloss immunization is awesome.

In my case, I would do it without dropping my finasteride. After seeing an increase in density, I would slowly drop finasteride in the following months.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
RCH-01 would be an incredible breakthrough if it just halted hairloss nevermind regrowth - although that would obviously be welcome.

I just encourage everyone to be cautious with their expectations. The Replicel trial was very small.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Shieseido did have reps at the 2018 Hair Congress and did give a presentation Hellouser never posted. I imagine they might of mentioned it even if it was just a little tidbit. They did have an entire part of a poster board talking about RCH-01.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shieseido did have reps at the 2018 Hair Congress and did give a presentation Hellouser never posted. I imagine they might of mentioned it even if it was just a little tidbit. They did have an entire part of a poster board talking about RCH-01.
Whot? Why didn't he post it?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
RCH-01 would be an incredible breakthrough if it just halted hairloss nevermind regrowth - although that would obviously be welcome.

I just encourage everyone to be cautious with their expectations. The Replicel trial was very small.

How small was that trial?
And was it done in a controlled group with absolutely no use of minoxidil, finasteride or any other treatment?

Also, if Replicel does a phase 1 trial in the west, does it work if Shiseido simply does a phase 2?

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I th
How small was that trial?
And was it done in a controlled group with absolutely no use of minoxidil, finasteride or any other treatment?

Also, if Replicel does a phase 1 trial in the west, does it work if Shiseido simply does a phase 2?
I think it was just 17 participants, no minoxidil, no finasteride, not anything.
And btw, shisheido didn't do any presentation at the congress.