Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, Aderans failed to amplify mesenchymal stem cells (=dermal papillae) and that is why it ended.
On the other hand, Replicel achieved in amplifying another strand of cells, the sheath cup ones, and that is why Shiseido bought RCH-01 for the Asian market.
What's interesting is that Tsuji's trying to amplify those stem cells, Aderans failed to amplify, and, if he succeeds, those stem cells could be injected, as well.
I'm pretty confident that the injection of epithelial and mesenchymal stem cells will be proven to be a rather effective treatment for halting hair loss (presumably even restoration!).

I may not know the exact details about what strand of cells they multiplied or not but im 100% sure when i searched about the aderans trials they managed to halt all hairloss similar to Rch01 but they didnt manage regrowth, they had a viable hairloss treatment and they threw it away because it didnt produce any significant cosmetic result although itoffered sideless maintenance

Last edited:

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Shiseido has readjusted doses and the number of injections per patient.
I think there were three injections included in the trial, but I ain't 100% sure.
+1 Yes exactly :)

here is the link of the study (Shiseido) :
https://upload.umin.ac.jp/cgi-open-bin/ctr_e/ctr_view.cgi?recptno=R000026894

Untitled-1.jpg

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, Aderans failed to amplify mesenchymal stem cells (=dermal papillae) and that is why it ended.
On the other hand, Replicel achieved in amplifying another strand of cells, the sheath cup ones, and that is why Shiseido bought RCH-01 for the Asian market.
What's interesting is that Tsuji's trying to amplify those stem cells, Aderans failed to amplify, and, if he succeeds, those stem cells could be injected, as well.
I'm pretty confident that the injection of epithelial and mesenchymal stem cells will be proven to be a rather effective treatment for halting hair loss (presumably even restoration!).
I may not know the exact details about what strand of cells they multiplied or not but im 100% sure when i searched about the aderans trials they managed to halt all hairloss similar to Rch01 but they didnt manage regrowth, they had a viable hairloss treatment and they threw it away because it didnt produce any significant cosmetic result

We should be careful about which is which, because I think that the principle behind RCH-01 and Riken is pretty different.

Go to 3:20 (since this site doesn't allow time stamped embedding).
You see that what Ken has shown is that if you take dermal and epithelial cells and put them in a medium, they find each other and assemble into organoids and bear hair. The thinking then was, what if we injected both cells into the skin - wouldn't we expect the same?

Go to 5:00

What Replicel has shown is that if you only inject dermal sheath cup cells (which are thought to produce dermal papilla cells - the ones that actually make the hair), then they integrate themselves into existing dying follicles and rejuvenate them (they have also tried other cells but DSCs gave the best results so this is part of the "official" product). So no new follicles or massive density increase but maintenance.

Perhaps what happened with Aderans is that self-assembly of hair was expected but instead a maintenance therapy was discovered. I am not too sure.

What Tsuji is trying to do is create in lab the organ germ for a follicle, which is essentially a partially organized ball of epithelial and mesenchymal cells, and then to inject that germ into the scalp, where it should complete development and hopefully integrate very well with the scalp, for example connected to the arrector pili muscle, which in turn may direct the assembly of the follicle with the natural hair pattern alignment. The cool thing about Tsuji is that he has shown that this does indeed work as intended (in mice, even with using human cells). Now we wait for them to do it on humans :)
upload_2018-1-11_16-38-3.png

upload_2018-1-11_16-37-23.png

As a side note, mesenchymal stem cells differentiate into several useful cell types, so solving this culturing problem is a big deal for Tsuji since he is interested in organ regeneration in general. His book Organ Regeneration is really cool stuff.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can correct and/or append me if I have stated anything incorrectly.

Last edited:

br1

Reaction score
We should be careful about which is which, because I think that the principle behind RCH-01 and Riken is pretty different.

Go to 3:20 (since this site doesn't allow time stamped embedding).
You see that what Ken has shown is that if you take dermal and epithelial cells and put them in a medium, they find each other and assemble into organoids and bear hair. The thinking then was, what if we injected both cells into the skin - wouldn't we expect the same?

Go to 5:00

What Replicel has shown is that if you only inject dermal sheath cup cells (which are thought to produce dermal papilla cells - the ones that actually make the hair), then they integrate themselves into existing dying follicles and rejuvenate them (they have also tried other cells but DSCs gave the best results so this is part of the "official" product). So no new follicles or massive density increase but maintenance.

Perhaps what happened with Aderans is that self-assembly of hair was expected but instead a maintenance therapy was discovered. I am not too sure.

What Tsuji is trying to do is create in lab the organ germ for a follicle, which is essentially a partially organized ball of epithelial and mesenchymal cells, and then to inject that germ into the scalp, where it should complete development and hopefully integrate very well with the scalp, for example connected to the arrector pili muscle, which in turn may direct the assembly of the follicle with the natural hair pattern alignment. The cool thing about Tsuji is that he has shown that this does indeed work as intended (in mice, even with using human cells). Now we wait for them to do it on humans :)
View attachment 76164

View attachment 76162
As a side note, mesenchymal stem cells differentiate into several useful cell types, so solving this culturing problem is a big deal for Tsuji since he is interested in organ regeneration in general. His book Organ Regeneration is really cool stuff.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can correct and/or append me if I have stated anything incorrectly.

I think you got it right. At least I have interpreted it the same.

Riken = building new follicles "from scratch", by putting some cells together.
RCH-01 = injecting one type of cell, which would migrate to the follicle, regenerating it - because DHT destroys these cells. The new cells being injected, are from immune follicles. (Note: on Replicel's promotional video, they say it "could happen" for new follicles to be formed - so I believe they are still to find out if it will happen)..

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m super excited about all of this, but then I wonder: is this going to be available in my country? How much am I going to have to pay for this? Aaaand I feel depressed again

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a neogenesis of 15-25 follicles/cm² and immunized follicles for at least 2 years thanks to Shiseido.
Let's see if it can bring back diminished hairs back too ( at least it should do that, because of the immunization)

Cross your fingers
Totally dreaming about showering without my hairs melting out of my head. Thick hair that can be easily styled and looks good without effort. Not envying everyone who has normal hair. God I hope this comes out soon.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? I don't think repli has a bad reputation.

They're no histogen.

Poor poor reputation as a company. A dozen employees, and the only product being sold...or sale being attempted, is an injector.
Check out views of investors and stock prices.

I actually feel good about Shiseido working on the tech. Look what happened to the other companies who tried: https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/lessons-from-aderans-and-intercytexs-hair-multiplication-failures/

It seems that all the stem cell people are circling around the same turd, metaphorically. They don't have it perfect, but by now, they have tried several things and have bits of phase 1 and phase 2 data to show. One of these people may get it right. Running out of money before finishing product development seems like a common failure mode. I think Shiseido may be less prone to that. In fact, I think it is advantageous for them to pick up a disruptive technology that has been shown to yield SOME results, and then use their money and expertise to worry about product development and scale up, which they should be good at.

Shiseido on the other hand is a cosmetic giant in Japan. Agreed. Shiseido is the only reason I have faith in RCH-01

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you got it right. At least I have interpreted it the same.

Riken = building new follicles "from scratch", by putting some cells together.
RCH-01 = injecting one type of cell, which would migrate to the follicle, regenerating it - because DHT destroys these cells. The new cells being injected, are from immune follicles. (Note: on Replicel's promotional video, they say it "could happen" for new follicles to be formed - so I believe they are still to find out if it will happen)..

I think that Shiseido is the real deal in the whole process, as far as I know they got their own product/research for hair growth that hasn't been licensed and therefore an enhanced or maybe even combined treatment could well be available.

A whole new research facility is quite an impressive move for "just a sideless mantaining".

Even bioxcin or minoxidil adversed hair regrowth, really can't wait for the release of this.

Reactions: br1

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody else optimistic that Shiseido + Follica could act as a functional cure for many?

I am betting on it.

At worst, Follica will be able to offer the results of the Dhurat study, which would already be enough for me and many others.

We also know that the process can be repeated, and I've yet to hear one (scientific) argument that can explain why the results couldn't be increased further with repeat sessions.

With RCH-01, we know that your hair will remain steadfast for at least five years, but possibly indefinitely as intended.

For me, 2018 is a big deal for my hair because I'm waiting to see the Shiseido results and if Follica begins their pivotal or not. I really don't want to do a transplant if I don't have to. But I'm not a high Norwood, so it's better than nothing if it comes down to it and the meds have worked brilliantly for me.

Either way, I'll be back to being a "fullhead oppressor" before my 30s and that is a comforting feeling.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am betting on it.

At worst, Follica will be able to offer the results of the Dhurat study, which would already be enough for me and many others.

We also know that the process can be repeated, and I've yet to hear one (scientific) argument that can explain why the results couldn't be increased further with repeat sessions.

With RCH-01, we know that your hair will remain steadfast for at least five years, but possibly indefinitely as intended.

For me, 2018 is a big deal for my hair because I'm waiting to see the Shiseido results and if Follica begins their pivotal or not. I really don't want to do a transplant if I don't have to. But I'm not a high Norwood, so it's better than nothing if it comes down to it and the meds have worked brilliantly for me.

Either way, I'll be back to being a "fullhead oppressor" before my 30s and that is a comforting feeling.
Wonder if it will work for a girl with 75% miniturisation with diffuse hairloss of scalp, eyebrow and eyelash hair. :(
My hairloss is so fast it’s frightening. I honestly wonder if anything will save me.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wonder if it will work for a girl with 75% miniturisation with diffuse hairloss of scalp, eyebrow and eyelash hair. :(
My hairloss is so fast it’s frightening. I honestly wonder if anything will save me.

Yep. Not sure about the eyebrow and eyelash hair

but Follica and Shiseido will work on women too.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. Not sure about the eyebrow and eyelash hair

but Follica and Shiseido will work on women too.
I guess I can always use bimatoprost on my facial hair, which does work well. Fingers crossed this comes out soon and isn’t going to cost and arm and a leg. I hate to sound melodramatic but things like this and Brotzu are the tiny little glimmers of hope that stop me from necking myself.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am betting on it.

Just two words: saturation point

İf this really could enhance the results by simply repeating sessions it's definitely a cure, but if it's just possible to achieve a certain goal of 20-30% a saturation point would be reached and further treatments could yield to nothing more than mantaining.

So the basic question about the Follica thing is not if it works or not, but rather:

"Can it or can it not "CREATE" new follicles from scratch"

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some guys around here and German forums are talking about tranny drugs that could fully bring lost hair back, don't know if it really could work, but as a girl you shouldn't have the same sides like a guy? Ever tried something like that?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just two words: saturation point

İf this really could enhance the results by simply repeating sessions it's definitely a cure, but if it's just possible to achieve a certain goal of 20-30% a saturation point would be reached and further treatments could yield to nothing more than mantaining.

So the basic question about the Follica thing is not if it works or not, but rather:

"Can it or can it not "CREATE" new follicles from scratch"
Let us pray that it can. Cause I need 75% of me head’s worth. Jesus Christ I hope it works.