Regimen update - long time dutasteride/RU user

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

Not sure if anyone is even following this, but I'll try to keep this short. With my regimen change to Estriol and ORM I quickly started having chest discomfort and other strange issues. I got super nervous and went to my Dr., told him everything I take. He did a series of blood work, hormones, EKG, stress test everything - everything came back perfect. He said he highly doubts RU would / could actually affect my heart/chest. Case closed.

I think the chest pains were a combination of heart burn and minor gyno from the Estriol. I lowered my Estriol amounts to like 3mg a day, everything seems fine now. HOWEVER, my hair is ridiculous, still on a drastic decline, this f'g sux. Here's my current regimen:

Avodart daily
2 ML of anagenic pre made RU in KB solution
1 ML of minoxidil
1 ML of El Cranell mixed with 3mg of Estriol

^^ This regimen is not working. But remember I switched regimens cuz my previous one wasn't working either. I don't know what to do, my hair now vs. how it looked on 3/1, just a month ago is dramatically different. How can a guy basically go bald on this regimen? I don't know, I guess everything has stopped working. I think I'm going to drop the Estriol and give ORM another try starting tonight. I mixed 10mg of ORM into 6 ML of Stemox, I was going to take 1 ML a night. I really don't want to take Estriol, I mean that's kind of ridiculous to take for a guy.

Another odd thing, my head itches like crazy, I mean insane. When I wash it, I am scraping this brush over my head scratching it until it turns red. It's like ectascy when i do that. I can't believe how bad it itches, I've never dealt with this before. Good times fellas.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

Not sure if anyone is even following this, but I'll try to keep this short. With my regimen change to Estriol and ORM I quickly started having chest discomfort and other strange issues. I got super nervous and went to my Dr., told him everything I take. He did a series of blood work, hormones, EKG, stress test everything - everything came back perfect. He said he highly doubts RU would / could actually affect my heart/chest. Case closed.

I think the chest pains were a combination of heart burn and minor gyno from the Estriol. I lowered my Estriol amounts to like 3mg a day, everything seems fine now. HOWEVER, my hair is ridiculous, still on a drastic decline, this f'g sux. Here's my current regimen:

Avodart daily
2 ML of anagenic pre made RU in KB solution
1 ML of minoxidil
1 ML of El Cranell mixed with 3mg of Estriol

^^ This regimen is not working. But remember I switched regimens cuz my previous one wasn't working either. I don't know what to do, my hair now vs. how it looked on 3/1, just a month ago is dramatically different. How can a guy basically go bald on this regimen? I don't know, I guess everything has stopped working. I think I'm going to drop the Estriol and give ORM another try starting tonight. I mixed 10mg of ORM into 6 ML of Stemox, I was going to take 1 ML a night. I really don't want to take Estriol, I mean that's kind of ridiculous to take for a guy.

Another odd thing, my head itches like crazy, I mean insane. When I wash it, I am scraping this brush over my head scratching it until it turns red. It's like ectascy when i do that. I can't believe how bad it itches, I've never dealt with this before. Good times fellas.
Did you notice any major sheds on AVODART

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. But I've been on Avodart almost 19 years now.
I started with propecia at 47 for 3 years and then switched to avodart for last 3 years at .5mg. I started to take 1mg for about one month and then DR moved me back to .5mg.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

It's not good, my hair is in an epic decline. I wash my hair every 3 days, and each wash is noticeably worse, this sux so bad.

Here's the issue, I'm getting sides on RU now. I have no idea how that's possible, I can't even tolerate it now. I'm getting chest pains, chest discomfort now that lasts the entire next day. I always thought people that complained of chest pains on RU was full of sh*t.

I've been taking high doses of RU since 2010, about 150mg a day mixed in 6 ml of stemox. Now, I can't even take 1 ml of about 25mg of RU. How can that be? Like what changed in me that is now an issue? It's bad too, feels like I'm going to either faint or go into cardiac arrest.

W/O RU, my hair is falling apart. The past 2 months I've been stopping and starting and doing random sh*t to isolate the problem, it's RU.

What's so crazy to me, I'm also on Avodart and minoxidil daily, like how can I bald so bad being on both Avodart and minoxidil. Maybe I'll try CB, but I'm like almost out of time here. I question my Avodart, it's sourced from Turkey, maybe I should try Finasteride. I swear, all the best responders on these sites use Finasteride.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

It's not good, my hair is in an epic decline. I wash my hair every 3 days, and each wash is noticeably worse, this sux so bad.

Here's the issue, I'm getting sides on RU now. I have no idea how that's possible, I can't even tolerate it now. I'm getting chest pains, chest discomfort now that lasts the entire next day. I always thought people that complained of chest pains on RU was full of sh*t.

I've been taking high doses of RU since 2010, about 150mg a day mixed in 6 ml of stemox. Now, I can't even take 1 ml of about 25mg of RU. How can that be? Like what changed in me that is now an issue? It's bad too, feels like I'm going to either faint or go into cardiac arrest.

W/O RU, my hair is falling apart. The past 2 months I've been stopping and starting and doing random sh*t to isolate the problem, it's RU.

What's so crazy to me, I'm also on Avodart and minoxidil daily, like how can I bald so bad being on both Avodart and minoxidil. Maybe I'll try CB, but I'm like almost out of time here. I question my Avodart, it's sourced from Turkey, maybe I should try Finasteride. I swear, all the best responders on these sites use Finasteride.
I’m there with you man. I’m sorry about the RU— I’ve been having some health stuff too that I suspect may be RU. But who know. I’m on RU/dutasteride/ORAL MIN/FLORADIL/ALFATRIDIOL/TOPICAL MIN. It’s beyond frustrating. It’s rough watching yourself thin out. I think it’s gonna be transplant time in the next year if things don’t improve.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

I would say gently that neither RU nor CB are going to save your hair; they might not even work synergistically with other hormonal meds like RI's or even minoxidil which seems likely to have hormonal effects, at least I see this in some of the latest chatter about oral min. Oral min is not merely an option for people who can't use HRT, it is vital to even have a chance at regrowth in a male-context. I will do whatever I can to help you but it is best to calm down and go though all of this systematically and then discuss it when you are less worked up. I know it sucks.

Janey

Dthcore

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update

My dutasteride is also from turkey. Who do you source it from?

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say gently that neither RU nor CB are going to save your hair; they might not even work synergistically with other hormonal meds like RI's or even minoxidil which seems likely to have hormonal effects, at least I see this in some of the latest chatter about oral min. Oral min is not merely an option for people who can't use HRT, it is vital to even have a chance at regrowth in a male-context. I will do whatever I can to help you but it is best to calm down and go though all of this systematically and then discuss it when you are less worked up. I know it sucks.

Janey
What do you suggest Janey? w/o a topical AA and considering I'm still losing while using Avodart and minoxidil, my options feel limited at best.

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I have. I tried it twice back in the '10, '11 timeframe. It's not something I can take. I remember I quartered 10mg Loniten pills, and could only last about a week or 2. Made me super dizzy.

I'm concerned with my chest pain. I went to a Dr. and did all sorts of tests, everything came back fine. But man this hair thing is consuming every thought I have. My 3/1 to 5/1 change is crazy, but I guess expected when you stop high doses of RU.

Any other thoughts @JaneyElizabeth, please and thank you.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your dose of RU was way too high, you probably have a significant build up of the metabolite in your blood. The studies on apes showed it builds up as the dose goes up but that it filters out pretty quickly if your dose isn't huge.

Take a break and try again with a lower dose, probably accomplishes the exact same thing with less risk. That, or shell out $$$ for pure CB and give it a shot. At least you wont be risking your health.

Last edited:

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your dose of RU was way too high, you probably have a significant build up of the metabolite in your blood. The studies on apes showed it builds up as the dose goes up but that it filters out pretty quickly if your dose isn't huge.

Take a break and try again with a lower dose, probably accomplishes the exact same thing with less risk. That, or shell out $$$ for pure CB and give it a shot. At least you wont be risking your health.
Thx for the feedback. I ordered some CB from Anagenic the other day. Not sure if that's pure, but going to give that a go here.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've been using high amounts of RU for many years, last two years 100mg x 2 daily with no problems.
The only time i got some sides was on 150 mg applied in one go, which was giving me (over several months) puffy nipples and elevated E. All known risks with AA's. Heart problems sounds more like
nocebo effect playing out to me. You read about these allegated sides and you suddenly start to pay attention to every little feeling in your body.
In my 7 year long RU experience, this drug is a relative safe, but i guess our bodies reacts differently. I'm using 10x the amount of estriol OP is using without issues so he may just be super sensitive to these kind of drugs.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using high amounts of RU for many years, the last two years 100mg x 2 daily with no problems.
The only time i got some sides was on 150 mg applied in one go, which was giving me (over several months) puffy nipples and elevated E. All known risks with AA's. Heart problems sounds more like
nocebo effect playing out to me. You read about these allegated sides and you suddenly start to pay attention to every little feeling in your body.
In my 7 year long RU experience, this drug is a relative safe, but i guess our bodies reacts differently. I'm using 10x the amount of estriol OP is using without issues so he may just be super sensitive to these kind of drugs.

Glad you are responding well to RU with no sides, but it IS essentially a research chemical that has no/very little testing. Im sticking with oral spironolactone as my AA, plus im trying to stay away from topicals in general, but like i said, glad you are happy and responding well to it. How long have you been using estriol for?

Last edited:

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man my loss is just staggering right now. On 3/1 my hair wasn't too bad, on 4/1 i started using toppik. It worked great, I was like man, where'd my loss go. And now by 5/1, I can't even use toppik, I don't really have enough hair in the front, looks weird. 44 has not been good to me, I'm recently married too. By the end of the year my wife is gonna be like where the f is the guy i married. That was my last pathetic rant, awaiting for CB to arrive and will try that. Time to man up.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man my loss is just staggering right now. On 3/1 my hair wasn't too bad, on 4/1 i started using toppik. It worked great, I was like man, where'd my loss go. And now by 5/1, I can't even use toppik, I don't really have enough hair in the front, looks weird. 44 has not been good to me, I'm recently married too. By the end of the year my wife is gonna be like where the f is the guy i married. That was my last pathetic rant, awaiting for CB to arrive and will try that. Time to man up.
Sorry you are going through this bud