Reality check for bald or balding folks here

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But these things work for some people, like myself. I’ve been on dutasteride for a year and had zero sides with good results, I’d rather take the meds and at least try to keep my hair at 24 which seems to be working than just give up. I also still have a full head of hair so there was added motivation to keep what I have rather than just accept male pattern baldness as I caught it early. Also the benefit I get from taking the drug will be exponentially better than someone who is already a Norwood 4 for example. Baldness is not as cut and dry as you put it if the person is inclined enough and doesn’t have a very aggressive form of male pattern baldness.
I'm not saying you shouldn't try to keep your hair. I think everyone should do the opposite. But you pulled the gym analogy here, there is not a real battle like in the gym you just have to take some pills and pray that they work. For example if someone is NW3+ at 18 there is very little they could've done as it goes for prevention. You also make the bad assumption like non-responders do. They only see it from their own perspective, they think it hadn't worked for me so it must not work for everyone, and the same goes with a good responder, they think if someone doesn't respond to the medication or gets side effects its because they did something wrong but they took it the exact same way. There is no middle ground.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The problem, the contention lies in the logical result of being told one thing, but being shown the exact opposite. This disparity tears a mental rift resulting in cognitive dissonance.

As far as worse things are concerned. How many of those worse things are actually villified by the media? One. Burn victims, who are usually bald too. Freddy Krueger is the only example, amongst a sea of bald villains that negatively represents a demographic of people who have it worse than being "just" bald. I'm not seeing any villains with titanus or IBS or whatever the f***.
So why is baldness so viewed as evil, when compared to any other more serious ailment? Because it IS cosmetic. Because people ARE vain, but loooove to hide it behind some virtue signaling nonsense.

Last edited:

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem, the contention lies in the logical result of being told one thing, but being shown the exact opposite. This disparity tears a mental rift resulting in cognitive dissonance.

As far as worse things are concerned. How many of those worse things are actually villified by the media? One. Burn victims, who are usually bald too. Freddy Krueger is the only example, amongst a sea of bald villains that negatively represents a demographic of people who have it worse than being "just" bald. I'm not seeing any villains with titanus or IBS or whatever the f***.
So why is baldness so viewed as evil, when compared to any other more serious ailment? Because it IS cosmetic. Because people ARE vain, but loooove to hide it behind some virtue signaling nonsense.
because the human brain correlates looks with personality. and this will never change.

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s amazing how stupid you all are. Let’s try one last time.

A: you lose your hair, okay. Understand it’s inevitable and that letting go isn’t “coping”.

B: if you’re bald, you’re here expecting some lotion or magic cure. It won’t happen. So why do you let it cripple you? You’re the only one who gives it power. No one - literally no one - cares other than you. If hair is all you need to conquer your world, then you’re stupid, pretentious and delusional.

C: stupid because you believe it, pretentious because you try to persuade everyone that hair loss is your only flaw and the one rendering you useless. Delusional because life demands MUCH more tools than looks to build. Having looks is just your idea of masturbation.

Hair means nothing. It means everything to shallow and dumb people. It means absolutely nothing to women of quality. A woman, especially older women, don’t give a sh*t about hair. It just shows how clueless u all are about women too and your opinions are crafted from a monitor. Women look for OTHER things. They want mature men, good sex, safety. They don’t want a baby, men with obsessions or men who look their hair in the mirror.

Bald men who cry or bald men who become impotent from meds is one of the saddest pictures ever.

TLDR hair is nothing, u have a lot more ground to cover and skills to develop and hair isn’t standing in ur way. It’s just your excuse for self-pity. PERIOD.

Now go write ur essays again about how it’s not.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

A: you lose your hair, okay. Understand it’s inevitable and that letting go isn’t “coping”.

B: if you’re bald, you’re here expecting some lotion or magic cure. It won’t happen. So why do you let it cripple you? You’re the only one who gives it power. No one - literally no one - cares other than you. If hair is all you need to conquer your world, then you’re stupid, pretentious and delusional.

C: stupid because you believe it, pretentious because you try to persuade everyone that hair loss is your only flaw and the one rendering you useless. Delusional because life demands MUCH more tools than looks to build. Having looks is just your idea of masturbation.

Hair means nothing. It means everything to shallow and dumb people. It means absolutely nothing to women of quality. A woman, especially older women, don’t give a sh*t about hair. It just shows how clueless u all are about women too and your opinions are crafted from a monitor. Women look for OTHER things. They want mature men, good sex, safety. They don’t want a baby, men with obsessions or men who look their hair in the mirror.

Bald men who cry or bald men who become impotent from meds is one of the saddest pictures ever.

TLDR hair is nothing, u have a lot more ground to cover and skills to develop and hair isn’t standing in ur way. It’s just your excuse for self-pity. PERIOD.

we have the right to cry here if we want.

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we have the right to cry here if we want.

By all means do it. I’m a judgemental d*ck, no one’s perfect. My views on hair loss have changed though and I feel good to express them with authority. I guess that makes me pretentious too. However I did say that given the chance I’d restore my hair too. I just refuse to let it rule my life as it used to. F*ck that.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

"Especially older women" ew

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score

Imagine if a woman in her late teens-early twenties went through some process equivalant to male pattern baldness that aged her by like two decades, and makes her look significantly less attractive and makes her feel terrible about herself. And then someone like you comes along and says: older men don't care, real men don't care about looks, etc etc etc. Great, now you have to be in some creepy relationship with someone who is 2 decades older than you just because of some shitty condition that is viewed as "nothing".

Appearance matters, if it didn't why don't everybody just go around looking like ****? It's because people want to look their best, it makes them feel better about themselves and others to view them better.

You're one to talk lol.

Last edited:

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine if a woman in her late teens-early twenties went through some process equivalant to male pattern baldness that aged her by like two decades, which makes her look significantly less attractive and makes her feel terrible about herself. And then someone like you comes along and says: older men don't care, real men don't care about looks, etc etc etc. Great, now you have to be in some creepy relationship with someone who is 2 decades older than you just because of some shitty condition that is viewed as "nothing".

Appearance matters, if it didn't why don't everybody just go around looking like ****? It's because people want to look their best, it makes them feel better about themselves and others to view them better.

You're one to talk lol.
I mean if his own appearance doesn't matter then he might as well not care about how his partner looks. In that case he can pair with some fat and/or ugly chick and be happy. I can't though - I need that visual stimulation, and I need that body to feel good physically when I touch it.

Last edited:

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Especially older women" ew
lol. by that line i honestly think its a troll.

of course older woman care less about baldness,because they look like absolute sh*t and the man in their age also looks like sh*t. + woman after 30 are incredibly toxic. i work at a pastry shop i get customers all day. the most vile,toxic,annoying,rude ones are mostly woman who look like they 35+. young woman in their 20's usually cute and nice. middle aged woman are disgusting. both in appearance and in behavior. even when im almost 30 myself i do not want to date them (not that i have a choice) i don't mind smashing some milf looking babe. but i will not want to date her which leaves me with the option of being alone forever and stick to p**rn. i don't have any choice. i don't think any woman in her early 20's will ever find me attractive. they didn't when i was young and they probably won't now.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
I mean if his own appearance doesn't matter then he might as well not care about how his partner looks. In that case he can pair with some fat and/or ugly chick and be happy. I can't though - I need that visual stimulation, and I need that body to feel good physically when I touch it.
There is enough research now that if you are not attracted physically to your partner , lack of intimacy and sex can result leading to divorce. Physical attraction in my opinion is the base of maintaining a relationship, like it or not. I just cant get intimate with a person who is not even 80 percent of how I look. And baldness can take me to get partners who are not even 50 percent of how I looked once. Just because I am bald would never mean that I will get attracted to ugly girls .I will still get attracted to good looking people though they would be out of my reach now. The result is that I would die virgin.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine if a woman in her late teens-early twenties went through some process equivalant to male pattern baldness that aged her by like two decades, and makes her look significantly less attractive and makes her feel terrible about herself. And then someone like you comes along and says: older men don't care, real men don't care about looks, etc etc etc. Great, now you have to be in some creepy relationship with someone who is 2 decades older than you just because of some shitty condition that is viewed as "nothing".

You're one to talk lol.
Reminder that we spend a large portion of our lives watching attractive people do roleplay (movies and shows) lol

But looks dont matter breh

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello to everyone here.

I will keep this very short.

Treat your obsession / depression for hair loss and not hair loss itself. Go to a proper psychiatrist and leave ego at the door. Accept that you are losing hair or have lost your hair, buzz it or shave it, then move on.

The psychiatrist, along with medication and cognitive behavioral therapy will help dive deeper into the real issue that manifests as hair loss.

Do not lose your precious years over something no one cares about except yourself and perhaps a few unfortunate superficial people you bump into.

You won’t be able to do this yourself. Psychiatrist, medication, behavioral therapy, time and - if you have the privilege - support from your loved ones.

There won’t be any cure. There won’t be any treatment. I the only obstacle standing between the current “you” and the future version of “you”, free from all of this, is your brain.

I’d also like to mention that hair loss is a laughable “disease”, once you break from your shell and find out what actually goes on in the world. Or if you are unfortunate enough to experience an actual “bad” situation that - I promise you - will erase your balding concern in spectacular fashion.

Get treated. Be free. You are worth a lot more than your hair. Also, since a hot issue here is finding a female partner, you will be amazed at how many females are single at your age. This will be part of CBT but in short, going out and becoming a sociable person - along with medication and avoiding bad stimuli - guarantees success.

Have a great day.

f*** that, your visible identity is part of who you are, tell that to people who are disfigured from accidents.

No, the reality is that your appearance matters and is directly related to your subjective enjoyment of life because your appearance is a passport to that. I know because I've looked my best and seen how incredibly different people will treat you, especially women.

I'm pretty right wing, and when you're attractive with a full head of hair and you look appealing to women, it doesn't matter what kind of triggering goes on and how offended the woman gets over the things you say, half of the woman's brain is perpetually trying to convince the other half to make babies with you. That's the sh*t tier baseline reality for men, you're either doing that to a woman's brain by just standing there or you're being ignored and marginalized.

Anyone who wants to live life as a monk is just wasting their time, it is men, not women who are supposed to be, intended to be egoic creatures, it is your MO and the MO of all men in this world.

I love that power, your egoic power at its height is like riding a powerful cavalry horse through disorganized lines of peasant militia who want to hack you down. Especially if you think this world is a horrible place full of mostly horrible crab bucket motherfuckers as I do, it's directly attached to your enjoyment of this world knowing your looks are a passport to making things work your way regardless of how much people hate what you stand for.

That's the sad fucked up reality of this world, if I didn't have unfinished business here, I'd have probably checked out long ago and I believe in reincarnation and truly f*** that, I never want to come back to this wretched place.

Look around you, everything that shines and glimmers of industrial and technological power has its roots in a man motivated by his dignity.

Less so in the drone-level office culture of this world, but think about it, literally nothing of value in this world would ever have been attempted were it not for a man feeling a supernova of pride knowing he was either part of it, or was the cause of it solely. The world benefits when the dignity of men is at its highest, and while some men can absolutely manage looking bald, others hit their appearance max with hair and that's not something that can be overlooked.

In this wretched world looks matter, its your armor, it's your weapon, this world and IMO this OP is out to handicap you. I don't look down on people who are impaired in appearance, but I'll be damned if I'll allow myself to be.

Being upset about losing your hair is no less valid than being upset about losing a limb, it's the same thing, existentially your appearance makes or breaks you unless you just want to slave away for others out of the eyes of the public. It's not something that requires "treatment" like you're crazy, you need to get your f*****g hair back, and thankfully there are people on this forum proving that is possible even without a hair transplant.

You don't need to go to some head shrinker to essentially tell you that you don't deserve your dignity, much as the OP is essentially saying as well, no, there is literally zero point and you are probably in some way contributing to somebody else's egoic rise if you aren't at your apex yourself.

Last edited:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I also heard recently that the most recent hope of a cure from Japan has been shelved. People get so hopeful, to the point of delusion. Completely ignoring history repeating itself over and over. No matter what advancements are made there will never be a cure, because society hates us. They dont want to help us. This mentality of a heirarchy of importance in regards to who deserves to be cured first is also to blame for a lack of a cure. A mentality the op is propogating btw.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also heard recently that the most recent hope of a cure from Japan has been shelved. People get so hopeful, to the point of delusion. Completely ignoring history repeating itself over and over. No matter what advancements are made there will never be a cure, because society hates us. They dont want to help us. This mentality of a heirarchy of importance in regards to who deserves to be cured first is also to blame for a lack of a cure. A mentality the op is propogating btw.

Estrogen can regrow hair when you're almost bald.

That's it, the rest is managing systemic side effects which are inherently possible. The "cure" has always been there, it's just that applying estrogen and managing your body chemistry does honestly take somebody who is both motivated and intelligent enough and fortunate enough to have the right information available to make use of it.

This is why doctors don't promote it as a solution because your average shlub is not going to have the same level of discipline as some 135 IQ hair autist who studied hormones for years.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogen can regrow hair when you're almost bald.

That's it, the rest is managing systemic side effects which are inherently possible. The "cure" has always been there, it's just that applying estrogen and managing your body chemistry does honestly take somebody who is both motivated and intelligent enough and fortunate enough to have the right information available to make use of it.

This is why doctors don't promote it as a solution because your average shlub is not going to have the same level of discipline as some 135 IQ hair autist who studied hormones for years.
I saw dudes who regrew their hair with Estrogen stuff. They look androgynous, no offense - frail body with no muscles, weak facial hair, face that's neither masculine nor feminine, puffy nipples, and their sex drive/dick game probably ain't anywhere near the same too. If that's the price you're willing to pay that's fine. I think those dudes always had undercover issues with being manly that go beyond hair. For the rest of us it's hair transplants and minoxidil/finasteride/etc.

Hair cloning is really all we need, being bald will really become associated with not having enough money and not caring enough for your appearance by then.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw dudes who regrew their hair with Estrogen stuff. They look androgynous, no offense - frail body with no muscles, weak facial hair, face that's neither masculine nor feminine, puffy nipples, and their sex drive/dick game probably ain't anywhere near the same too. If that's the price you're willing to pay that's fine. I think those dudes always had undercover issues with being manly that go beyond hair. For the rest of us it's hair transplants and minoxidil/finasteride/etc.

Hair cloning is really all we need, being bald will really become associated with not having enough money and not caring enough for your appearance by then.

I wouldn't say androgynous but younger, the guys who look androgynous take an absolute sh*t ton of it, not as masculine definitely. That can be modified, and if you're like me, who already looks young, it's not bad. My wife prefers me looking younger with a bit more meat on my face than when I was ripped and quite angled in the face.

I'm perfectly fine with not looking as macho, I've done the rugged thing, if I have to get some surgeries done to improve my appearance with more estrogen down the road, I'm perfectly fine with it, I have the face for it.

Yes, if you're a guy who wants to preserve that dry angular look and you're androgen sensitive, your only option is hair transplant, true. But that's still an option and they're getting cheaper every few years.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say androgynous but younger, the guys who look androgynous take an absolute sh*t ton of it, not as masculine definitely. That can be modified, and if you're like me, who already looks young, it's not bad. My wife prefers me looking younger with a bit more meat on my face than when I was ripped and quite angled in the face.

I'm perfectly fine with not looking as macho, I've done the rugged thing, if I have to get some surgeries done to improve my appearance with more estrogen down the road, I'm perfectly fine with it, I have the face for it.

Yes, if you're a guy who wants to preserve that dry angular look and you're androgen sensitive, your only option is hair transplant, true. But that's still an option and they're getting cheaper every few years.
That's great bro. Some women prefer the feminine look on guys. It worked for you as your wife loves it as much as you do and you have freed your mind.

Transplants are still limited and without Estrogen I won't have the full head that you have. Nevertheless I'm a few weeks away from my transplant and I'll already see how I look buzzed about a week later. If it looks good enough I might as well decide to keep it that way and finally move on with my life.

My mind, hobbies/interests and even facial features are too attached to masculinity, it's such an integral part of me that I wouldn't be able to give it up and live without it.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's great bro. Some women prefer the feminine look on guys. It worked for you as your wife loves it as much as you do and you have freed your mind.

Transplants are still limited and without Estrogen I won't have the full head that you have. Nevertheless I'm a few weeks away from my transplant and I'll already see how I look buzzed about a week later. If it looks good enough I might as well decide to keep it that way and finally move on with my life.

Well I'll wish you all the best then, I do believe we are not too far away from a cheaper and easier way of grafting follicles without harvesting them directly off the scalp.