Published in Nature: Weekly treatment with SAMiRNA targeting the androgen receptor ameliorates androgenetic alopecia

Nehel

My Regimen
Reaction score
CosmeRNA has a website now (empty unfortunately): https://www.cosmerna.co/

cosmerna.png

purupa

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really want to get my hands on this ASAP and stack it with finas/minoxidil . 7 hair/cm2 increase after 16 weeks its not bad at all, people say the big 3 of hair loss are minoxidil finas and nizoral , but if this actually works as the research paper says, this should replace nizoral

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But wait, the original article said: In the high-dose (5 mg/ml) clinical study, AR68 was given once per week for 24 weeks and showed 83% efficacy in increasing hair counts compared with finasteride.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But wait, the original article said: In the high-dose (5 mg/ml) clinical study, AR68 was given once per week for 24 weeks and showed 83% efficacy in increasing hair counts compared with finasteride.
This is what I was originally referring to.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that is the 7.6 (Samirna regrowth after 4 months) / 9.3 (propecia regrowth after 6 months) which is about 0.83.

However, obviously, the per month gain was higher in Samirna than for propecia and it had a higher response rate. This indicates that it would be a superior product to finasteride (not that it matters, they work different pathways). But I am always suspicious of information. Is the stated efficacy and safety indeed true and how about the longer term? Do the results hold up after 6 / 12 months or does it collapse after that?

Nehel

My Regimen
Reaction score

purupa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizoral? No this can replace fina if it actually works as they say. The big hope is that this will be without sides... but hey, we will only know if we'll try ourselves.
Sorry, I meant it as the big 3 would be finas/minoxidil/samirna , since samirna can be stacked with finas and produces great results. Of course, people who get sides from fina could replace it with this product. I think my point was addressing people who complain about this product when its shown superior efficiency to one of the big 3 (nizoral) and comparable efficiency to the other one (fina). IF (this is a big IF) it works as good as reported, I'd like to say this is almost a game changer

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so this year in the EU. That is huge. Where could we get it in that case? Over the counter?

Also, estimated costs? Apply just once in a while so that is great ..

RoryGall29

My Regimen
Reaction score
This + KX-826 can have the potential to completely freeze the hair loss progression without touching the hormonal profile...

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking back at the literature on this one, it's hard to deny that the photos from the study show almost no progress, even though the numbers seem good. I'm having trouble understanding this discrepancy.