Published in Nature: Weekly treatment with SAMiRNA targeting the androgen receptor ameliorates androgenetic alopecia

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SM04554 is one.
Were SM's results published in Nature, or another one of the world's most-read and most prestigious academic journals?

Having Nature's network peer-reviewing the study is, to me, the only credible bit here. Everything else appears a little shady, I agree.

Wait and see.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Were SM's results published in Nature, or another one of the world's most-read and most prestigious academic journals?

Having Nature's network peer-reviewing the study is, to me, the only credible bit here. Everything else appears a little shady, I agree.

Wait and see.
It's published in Nature Scientific Reports, not in Nature. Big difference

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wait and see.
It was published in the leading dermatology journal.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see much improvement in the photos, and they are probably the best photos in the studio.
I also don't like that they want to certify it as cosmetic. Search "alopecia cosmetic" in google, and you will see thousands of cosmetics, and all of them claim to stop hair loss and increase regeneration by X %. All lies.
But on the other hand, I doubt that an RNA technique can be classified as cosmetic.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see much improvement in the photos
Anti-androgens shouldn't be expected to give much regrowth, only maintenance. The company itself says the product is 83% as efficacious as finasteride; for comparison, do you expect to see huge regrowth with finasteride in the same time-span they tested? No... only maintenance with a little bit of thickening.

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti-androgens shouldn't be expected to give much regrowth, only maintenance. The company itself says the product is 83% as efficacious as finasteride; for comparison, do you expect to see huge regrowth with finasteride in the same time-span they tested? No... only maintenance with a little bit of thickening.
was it not 80% effect of fina at 24 month mark? That is haf the time of fina .. So who know maybe at 48 months it is better than fina at 48 months ..

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
was it not 80% effect of fina at 24 month mark? That is haf the time of fina .. So who know maybe at 48 months it is better than fina at 48 months ..
Huh? No one officially trialed finasteride for 48 months, did they? Either way it's not going to be a linear improvement.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"We will take the lead in the global market as a game changer in the hair loss" - Those are some big words but I am still worried this will become an expensive cash grab at the derm. office like PRP and mesotherapy.
on the other hand its really easy to become the global lead in such a pathetic underserved market

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

In the high-dose (5 mg/ml) clinical study, AR68 was given once per week for 24 weeks and showed 83% efficacy in increasing hair counts compared with finasteride. No side effects were observed. Therefore, SAMiRNA targeting AR mRNA is a potential novel topical treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia.
I do not see any improvement from the before pics to the after pics. I don't understand why there's any excitement for this product. I can't even say it looks scammy since the before-after pics show no improvement, which means they aren't trying to trick us with doctored pics. Why does anyone care about this ineffective product?

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Nanoparticles can be more efficiently delivered to hair follicles than small molecules through the pumping effect of massage after application"

IMO, No regrowth but maintenace due at massaging scalp 3 times a week.
I don't see any regrowth either. ZERO. I don't understand why people have any interest in this product.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's for maintenance, not for regrowth.
Exactly, just like KX-826. All the upcoming treatments are just potential alternatives to finasteride/dutasteride. In over 25+ years we still haven't got a new growth stimulant that could replace minoxidil which unfortunately only works for 30-40% of people.

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, just like KX-826. All the upcoming treatments are just potential alternatives to finasteride/dutasteride. In over 25+ years we still haven't got a new growth stimulant that could replace minoxidil which unfortunately only works for 30-40% of people.
Tbh maintaining + transplant is a cure for low Norwoods

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's for maintenance, not for regrowth.
Ok, but can you really tell if it maintains the hair you have in a 24-week study? Maybe. I'm sure they did hair counts and stuff like that. OK, I might be interested in it as a maintenance treatment.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
All except HMI-115