Published in Nature: Weekly treatment with SAMiRNA targeting the androgen receptor ameliorates androgenetic alopecia

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what is the hype behind this product? Can someone explain to me?

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know what is the hype behind this product? Can someone explain to me?
In the high-dose (5 mg/ml) clinical study, AR68 was given once per week for 24 weeks and showed 83% efficacy in increasing hair counts compared with finasteride. No side effects were observed. Therefore, SAMiRNA targeting AR mRNA is a potential novel topical treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you combine it with finasteride can we expect some regrowth? I know nobody knows for sure, just speculating

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you combine it with finasteride can we expect some regrowth? I know nobody knows for sure, just speculating
Let's not do this again please. Nobody knows okay. It's been never done. Your best answer is 'it could'.

We'll see when the time comes. What this forum DOES NOT need more, is people hypothizing and arguing over something we all just do not know.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone needs to look further into the science/patent behind this before anyone gets excited at all. The gains were minimal (granted if they held would be nice) and there is a good chance that this is a snake-oil type product that decided to use RNA as a buzzword judging by the lack of trials needed to commercialize.

The product packaging also looks incredibly suspect for an intended medical product. Why would they need premium looking packaging if not to market a dud product?

bridge945

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone needs to look further into the science/patent behind this before anyone gets excited at all. The gains were minimal (granted if they held would be nice) and there is a good chance that this is a snake-oil type product that decided to use RNA as a buzzword judging by the lack of trials needed to commercialize.
It’s not minimal it’s as effective at 24 weeks as finasteride is at 48

bridge945

My Regimen
Reaction score

The product packaging also looks incredibly suspect for an intended medical product. Why would they need premium looking packaging if not to market a dud product?
It’s also peer reviewed, double blind and published in a legitimate journal

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s also peer reviewed, double blind and published in a legitimate journal
Fair point, but I'll believe it when I see it. Other then the journal (which of course is a big factor of legitimacy) this has all the makings of a scam.

bridge945

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair point, but I'll believe it when I see it. Other then the journal (which of course is a big factor of legitimacy) this has all the makings of a scam.
I don’t disagree with the container looking weird, it’s a bold choice. I hope it works, or pyri, which I hope works since we’re about to get the shipment soon

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like you're just picking out the buzz word here and thinking that it's some new dangerous frontier of science. These guys already demonstrated they can do a cosmetic approach by the manor of trial they used. They basically did a full phase 3 trial before any phase1/2.

You kind of change your opinion bro.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Container being fancy is typical marketing, in the end it's still a cosmetic. Hell I've seen minoxidil in fancy packaging too.

Let's hope it actually gets to the market.
My concern is that it will be pricey considering the whole "game changer" narrative and the fancy design would be another sign for that. My guess would be 100 - 200€ for a bottle that would last 1 month (for whole scalp coverage).

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You kind of change your opinion bro.
Wow it's almost like that's a healthy thing to do as you get more information. If you actually look at what I said, I still called it a buzz word there because I don't believe for a second they have a cosmetic mRNA process that triggers a response from the body. The packaging just sealed the opinion for me that it's a scam lotion.

Imagine your mRNA covid booster shot came in a luxury perfume bottle. You'd be questioning why they went out of there way to do that as well.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow it's almost like that's a healthy thing to do as you get more information. If you actually look at what I said, I still called it a buzz word there because I don't believe for a second they have a cosmetic mRNA process that triggers a response from the body. The packaging just sealed the opinion for me that it's a scam lotion.

Imagine your mRNA covid booster shot came in a luxury perfume bottle. You'd be questioning why they went out of there way to do that as well.

The packaging doesnt mean anything. This guys are pursuing the cosmetic route. It would be stupid for them to make it look "less attractive" just for people to think its buying a pharma product.

Publishing such a detailed study in a top tier scientific journal like Nature with validated human clinical data its not something we see quite often.

I do recognize that how something with this mechanism of action can be classified as a cosmetic and skip FDA clinical trials boggles my mind.

If this is a scam it may very well be one of the biggest in the history of this industry. They will be doing more clinical trials for sure so we will find out sooner or later.

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a publicly traded company guys, their technology is explained on their website and they're also using it for other diseases through the traditional FDA route.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
My concern is that it will be pricey considering the whole "game changer" narrative and the fancy design would be another sign for that. My guess would be 100 - 200€ for a bottle that would last 1 month (for whole scalp coverage).
I think it could be more like $50 - $100 NZD because numbers.

Heck it might be less. Woah f*** it might even be more.

Guess neither of us know. So doesn’t matter.

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any recent hair loss products that had promising results published in a prestigious science journal that later turned out to be duds?