Proxiphen - What? How?

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
social_drinker said:
Right. To supplement what minoxidil you may be missing out on because the Prox may not contain as much as two applications of 5% minoxidil.

It's recommended that if you use Minoxidil before you start on Proxi that you slowly taper it off over a period of 2 months.

I think the general idea is that minoxidil is not the key ingredients, so no need to pure it on seperatly - proxi contains other things that are better.

I don't know, I may be way off here. Bryan, where are you? :paranoid:

G

Buffboy and Social_drinker, yes these are the questions!!!!!

Bryan, where are you we are scared!! :paranoid: :paranoid:

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Buffboy, Just one more questions mate, hope you don't mind:

So you have been for Proxi for about a month and a half now right? Are you applying Proxiphen in the morning or evening? Are you ponly applying it to the hairline? How many months does it seem like you're going to get out of one batch?

After 10 1/2 months I'm finally realizing that finasteride is not doing it's job for me and I want to add something additionally. Dispite the cost I find Proxiphen very appealing and I'm sitting here with my credit card in my hand ready to fill Dr Proctor's wallet. My hairline is still receeding and getting alot thinner and I now know that finasteride will not reverse that....damn.
I will try out Proxiphen for one year and, as you're saying, if this doesn't work I might throw in the towel.

Anyway, cheers mate.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate - that was one fast reply!!

has there been done any studies about Proxi being more potent with a two-a-day application? How long is your hair?

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Buffboy,

I look forward to your response and good luck tomorrow mate! You're studying law right? I have a couple of friends sweating in exams in Denmark at the moment and they can't wait to finish!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
So does the recommended application volume of Proxiphen contain double the amount of minoxidil in a single application of 5%Rogaine/5%minoxidil?

If it does, could Rogaine not be formulated for a single daily application?

If it does not, how is the amount of minoxidil in Proxiphen comparable to the amount in Rogain?

Dr. Proctor has stated in past posts on alt.baldspot that you get about 22 grams of Proxiphen in one of those small vials. That agrees well with volume and weight measurements of the stuff that I've done myself with a graduated cylinder and digital scale. Since a vial is by definition a month's supply, that means that the daily dose is 22 / 30 = 0.733 grams. Dr. Proctor also says that the minoxidil content of Proxiphen is 5.5%, so that means that the amount in that daily dose must be about 0.733 x 0.055 = 40.3 mg, which is almost exactly the total daily amount you get when using 1 mL of 2% Rogaine twice a day.

Bryan

G

cheers for the reply Bryan.

"....which is almost exactly the total daily amount you get when using 1 mL of 2% Rogaine twice a day....."

So you apply it once a day and get a single 5% (or less) dose of minoxidil.

Not to over use the word 'so' but...

So I would take it that the answer to the question:

So does the recommended application volume of Proxiphen contain double the amount of minoxidil in a single application of 5%Rogaine/5%minoxidil?

The answer would be 'no'?

Cheers

so...Ty

G

Also are there any know issues with over applicaition?

Would 2 applications a day, firstly, be of benefit and, secondly, will it make you go blind/mad/to prison?

Cheers

Ty

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
So you apply it once a day and get a single 5% (or less) dose of minoxidil.

Yes. About 80% of a single 5% dose of minoxidil.

tynanW said:
Not to over use the word 'so' but...

So I would take it that the answer to the question:

The answer would be 'no'?

Yes. I mean, no. I mean, yes the answer is "no". :hairy:

Bryan

G

So....

If the other parts of proxiphen are this good at stimulating growth (at least as good as minoxidil) why do we not see them in their own right avaliable as a growth stimulants?

or do we?

Cheers

Ty

P.S Bryan, you always seem to answer everyone's questions, but never pitch any questions to others, so I make this offer here, ask me anything, go on, anything, my knowledge is limited only to the things I know, but I will have a go and am quite prepared to lie.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn, your hair looks good.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Buffboy! Mate, I really appricate your help! That's really what I needed. I'm am still doubting my next move. My hair seems to be thinning all over now (damn!) and I cannot imagne putting that stuff all over my hair (still got enough left for people not to notice I'm balding)....

Did you even give minoxidil a shot? (after reading Ty's post about Dr. Lee's minoxidil I'm facinated).....what to do - what to do??? :? :?

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
man, I'm so confused here..... I actually gave Rogaine a shot on the hairline for about a month after a couple of months of using finasteride and I didn't really have any irritation but started shedding after 3 weeks - i started to panic, read alot of comments on this website about giving finasteride a full year before adding anything - so i stopped again.

Man, i dunno.... I'm still happy just to maintain - of course the extra regrowth would be great (especially at the front) but finasteride just isn't doing it for me I'm afraid. I'm am still shedding like a dog here.

Any input? BTW, how did your exam go yesterday?