Proxiphen - What? How?

G

How long does proxiphen have to remain on your scalp to do the same 'work' as a twice daily application of standard minoxidil?

I realise this is a highly un-scientific question, but hopefully someone will know what I am getting at.

smacker

Reaction score
Ah. So you only have to use proxiphen ONCE per day. Dr Lee may have lost a potential customer...

SO, according to Bryan, I ought to go straight for this treatment - just one thing - anyone reported any complications from topical spironolactone? I emailed the Doctor and he says none have been reported. But he WOULD say that, I guess!

smacker

Reaction score
Oh, and would you go for non-prescription or prescription Proxi...? :roll:

Sorry for the Qs - hopefully one day I will be informed enough to help out fellow sufferers instead of merely asking questions.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have the dough - then your choice will be the prescription version. Otherwise go for the other one.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
How long does proxiphen have to remain on your scalp to do the same 'work' as a twice daily application of standard minoxidil?

Dr. Proctor has said in the past that Proxiphen should be given about the same general amount of time to absorb as something like Rogaine. About 4 hours or so, as a rule of thumb...

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Buffboy said:
Bryan,

Just received my latest order of Proxiphen. Quite a large order, as I have talked 3 of my friends into trying it :)

Dr. Proctor apparently gave me a gift for making such a large order. He enclosed 1 NANO Shampoo and 1 NANO Conditioner.

Do you have any experience of these products and what's your oppinion of them?

Secondly, will it be safe to rotate them with Nizoral 2% or will I over-medicate my scalp?

Sure, most people who use Proxiphen also use NANO Shampoo. It's intended to be a way to supplement your scalp with additional NANO (more than just what's in either Proxiphen or Prox-N alone).

I think it's excellent to rotate NANO with Nizoral. Perhaps a three-way rotation: NANO, Nizoral, and an ordinary cheap shampoo.

Bryan

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Buffboy said:
Bryan,

Just received my latest order of Proxiphen. Quite a large order, as I have talked 3 of my friends into trying it :)

Dr. Proctor apparently gave me a gift for making such a large order. He enclosed 1 NANO Shampoo and 1 NANO Conditioner.

Do you have any experience of these products and what's your oppinion of them?

Secondly, will it be safe to rotate them with Nizoral 2% or will I over-medicate my scalp?

Sure, most people who use Proxiphen also use NANO Shampoo. It's intended to be a way to supplement your scalp with additional NANO (more than just what's in either Proxiphen or Prox-N alone).

I think it's excellent to rotate NANO with Nizoral. Perhaps a three-way rotation: NANO, Nizoral, and an ordinary cheap shampoo.

Bryan

Thanks. That was my intention too; 2x nizoral, 3x NANO and 2x ordinary shampoo

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
PartTimeNinja said:
Hi Buffboy - seen any progress with Proxiphen so far?

Nope :lol: Didn't expect to though. I've only been on it for like 1 1/2 month. Taken the growth cycle of hairs into consideration I will not see any progress the next couple of months - at least. I hope to see something around the 6 month mark, though as it should work faster than finasteride at regrowing.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted, Buffboy. I am interested in seeing results from another topical.

Seeing as how I live in the U.S., though, the whole prescription thing may be a pain but its doable if necessary. ;)

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
social_drinker said:
Keep us posted, Buffboy. I am interested in seeing results from another topical.
I will.

social_drinker said:
Seeing as how I live in the U.S., though, the whole prescription thing may be a pain but its doable if necessary. ;)

Otherwise I can order it for you and then ship it back - we have done it before and can do it again :lol:

No seriously, don't think it's a problem. You can even send an old package of finasteride if it has your name on it! That would do as a "prescription".

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a prescription for Proscar but a quick phone call to my Doctor and I could have him fax their offices no prob.

G

Bryan said:
tynanW said:

Dr. Proctor has said in the past that Proxiphen should be given about the same general amount of time to absorb as something like Rogaine. About 4 hours or so, as a rule of thumb...

Bryan

Cheers for the reply Brayn ( :) )

So does the recommended application volume of Proxiphen contain double the amount of minoxidil in a single application of 5%Rogaine/5%minoxidil?

If it does, could Rogaine not be formulated for a single daily application?

If it does not, how is the amount of minoxidil in Proxiphen comparable to the amount in Rogain?

Confused

Ty
Once again thanks for the info.

Ty

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great question Ty.

I was wondering that myself: how can you get away with utilizing no extra minoxidil while using Prox?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, (excuse me for sounding dumb) it is NOT recommended to supplement minoxidil at all?

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
social_drinker said:
So, (excuse me for sounding dumb) it is NOT recommended to supplement minoxidil at all?
You mean to use Rogaine (or whatever brand) simultanously with Proxi?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Right. To supplement what minoxidil you may be missing out on because the Prox may not contain as much as two applications of 5% minoxidil.