Proxiphen - What? How?

G

Buffboy said:
I DID give Rogaine several shots.
1) My skin couldn't tolerate the alcohol at ALL. Huge flakes of skin fell off all the time.

Buffy, are you sure it was the alcohol in the Rogaine and not the PPG?

It is generally the PPG that is not well tolerated this is why Dr Lee produces a reduced PPG minoxidil and also a PPG free minoxidil.

Buffboy said:
2) The thought of applying that sh*t 2x a day for the rest of my life was not apealing to me. Don't want to be a prisoner of hairloss, if you understand.

This is true! it is not convenient to have greay syrup sitting on your head twice a day for the rest of your (hairy) days.

As I have said recently I feel I have been released from your metaphorical 'prison' with this new Dr Lee's stuff I have got, I have only used it three times but it is like putting on a good moisturiser, it is gone in 5-10 minutes, no greasy liquid glistening on your head.

I have a question.

Would it be possible to use minoxidil along side Proxiphen.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Buffboy said:
PartTimeNinja said:
Any input? BTW, how did your exam go yesterday?

Oh sh*t... Don't ask. Got my first 6 (aprox. C-) of my life. I'm still in chock! But I guess it happens to most people sometime down the road. f*** it, I'm going to ski in France for a week starting this Friday! HELL YEAH!

If you think Rogaine was okay, then give it a shot. It's a myth that hairloss treatments actually should make you lose more hair. Maybe on a tempoarily basis, but not in the long run. Shedding is a good thing, remember.

Sorry to hear that about the 6 (at least that's a pass in denmark - everything above 5 i ok as i recall!) Ah man, I am craving some good snowboarding these days - hard to relate to when the temps are hitting 35 these days in Sydney, Australia. oh, got an email from my parents this morning: Election time in Denmark coming up! Man, I do cross my fingers that these ignorant fools will be given the boot! Go S & SF! (Wish i could vote but no....)

I do know about the shedding and that that's it's initially a good thing it's just the two a day application that's worrying me a bit. Also I don't really need the onset for growth so much - more a need to maintain.

If I were to apply something to my entire head (adding on to finasteride) what would you think would be best: (Dr. lee's minoxidil/revivogen/spironolactone/proxiphen)? - I do know that I'm going round i circles here but I'm worried since I'm now 100% sure I'm thinning all over...

G

Buffboy said:
The flaking was enough for me to stop!

When I first started using minoxidil I flaked like someone had poured cornflakes on me, these flakes were the size of your small finger nail!!!. With continued use (6-8 weeks) the flaking cleared up completely.

Buffboy said:
It contains NANO which should be a more potent anti-androgen than Minoxidil.

Minoxidil is not an anti-androgen (?)

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
Buffboy said:
It contains NANO which should be a more potent anti-androgen than Minoxidil.

Minoxidil is not an anti-androgen (?)

LOL! Sorry. They aren't anti-androgens both of them. I meant stronger re-growth agent.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not much I really need to add to this discussion. If you want to know which is the stronger regrowth agent (NANO or minoxidil), you should email Dr. Proctor and ask for his current opinion on that. He seemed to think in the past that they are roughly comparable, if I remember correctly. It would be interesting to see what his current thinking on that is.

Bryan

Felk

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this old thread, but im wondering what your experiences with Proxiphen were, buffboy, parttimeninja and any others?

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes Please, I would like to know it too. I just got a promotion and I think I ll be able to shell out 100 bucks a month...woh..it hurts...male pattern baldness kiss my ***..Yes, guys, Is it worth it ?

holly

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Sorry to post in the boys forum :p, but I had a few questions for anyone who could answer.

Do you have to use the Prox-N everyday like minoxidil or could you just do 3x a week?

Will you start shedding if you abrubtly stop the Prox-N or Nano shampoo?

The reason I'm interested is that I'm not quite ready to commit to an everyday-for-rest-of-my-life application, because frankly, this stuff is expensive! I'm hoping to use the shampoo 2x week and the Prox-N 3x. Do you guys think that would encourage growth at all? I'm not looking for any miracles, but some sprouts would be nice.

Thanks for all the info.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its been a week. I have not heard anything from any of the proxiphen users. Seems lile Proxiphen did wonders for them and they no longer come here :)

mogadon

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
Its been a week. I have not heard anything from any of the proxiphen users. Seems lile Proxiphen did wonders for them and they no longer come here :)

or they went BALD and no longer come here

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
Proxiphen - again

This was bumped in April to ask if those using it were having success. No replies. Any now?

Felk

Reaction score
For me its still to early to tell really, though i havent compared pics so when i do there might be a slight change.

I know at least I haven't lost too much ground at the worst, but my hunch is I have actually thickened up a little bit. I'm seeing new little hairs, mostly velus, popping up...