Propecia

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: propeCia under 18

bigguy4343 said:
what are the effets of propeCia if taken younger than 18 does anyone know??

I wouldn't try finasteride 'til at least 22 bigg. If you have to use something before then, I'd just try topicals like minoxidil for afew years. Just my opinion. NT

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
pipo...don't get me wrong, i've not become an animal lol, i don't mind it if it can slow down the hairloss....i suppose maybe others don't notice it to much because i've always been fiery like i said, maybe just now a bit more than usual :lol:

adr

Reaction score
It's probably been asked before... my situatin is, my girlfriend wants a baby NOW. And I've on Propecia for 2 years. If I stop right away, but... when can I be sure that we're safe? Thanks a lot

-pipo-

Reaction score
f*** yOU tROY!!! ,
i DIDNT GET YOU WRONG YOU PIECE O' SH*T BASTARD, WHAT THE f**k YOU MEAN?!?!?!?/
Yeah, its not makin an animal either. Me just want hair....lot hair. Me dont care what think troy or HairLossTalk.com....
pipo

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
lol....u nutter :roll:

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
adr said:
It's probably been asked before... my situatin is, my girlfriend wants a baby NOW. And I've on Propecia for 2 years. If I stop right away, but... when can I be sure that we're safe? Thanks a lot

Hey, do you want to have a kid too? Don't get pressured into it, be sure you want one too, and with her.

I've done alotta reading of late on many different sites. I don't recall where I saw it, but I read that quitting finasteride 2weeks before procreative sex is advised. I'd ask a doctor to be sure.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Theoretically you do not need to stop finasteride when conceiving. The logic is that the finasteride is in your semen. Finasteride is only dangerous to a developing male fetus. It is expelled from the body of the woman long before the conception has ocurred, pregnancy has begun, and the formation of the male fetus genitalia has begun.

At the same time, I trust doctors about as far as I can throw them, so I personally would just stop it for 2 weeks, just for the hell of it, for no good reason other than "because". That is just me.

HairLossTalk.com

Hair? What's That!

Reaction score
Need Help

I have researched until my heart is content and I am pretty certain that taking Propecia or Proscar is not much more dangerous than taking blood pressure medicine. Hell I have friends with full heads of hair that are impotent. So they buy suits because if they are gonna be impotent they might as well dress impotent! :lol: However, the cost of Propecia is way too expensive, so I bought a Propak but I would like to know from anyone one or more legitimate site to order Proscar. Preferably Merck brand. My insurance doesn't cover Proscar so filling a prescription is costly as well. If you have a site that you would recommend please post it! Thanks

Johnny

Reaction score
Proscar?????

I gained a lot of hair over the last 6 months using revivogen, propecia and rogaine...a lot.

About 4 weeks ago I began to get some severe itching (just when i started proscar) ...really severe ..and when i scratch my head, i began loosing chunks of hair.
presently all that i had regained is gone...Help!!!

I need consolation that its gonna come back

I have stopped revivogen.

thank you all

Design

Reaction score
Hello guys, i wonder if you can help me.

I will be starting Propecia very soon becuase it seems to be the most popular and convient treatment to use.

I would also like to start to use something else in conjunction with propecia, preferably natural and also convient to help the treatment on its way. Now i know all about Regaine (minoxidil) and Revivogen (have previously used Revivogen) but they are too costly and inconvenient for my lifestyle.

Can you recommend something (anything) that i could buy that may be a growth stimulant as opposed to a DHT inhibitor that could work to help attack the problem from both sides.

Maybe a shampoo? or a natural alternative. I am aware that minoxidil seems to be the most effective but would like another alternative none the less.

Any help appreciated :)

Design

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Absolutely. First, Nizoral at the grocery store should always be used with any Propecia regimen. Once every three days in rotation with your current shampoo. It has been shown to have growth stimulating (or at least resulting in growth) properties because of it's effect on the scalp.

If you want to go a step further, you can replace your current shampoo with a shampoo that may further help. You said you've used Revivogen before. You may consider just using the Revivogen shampoo as your "other" shampoo. It can only help.

Lastly, to answer your question more directly - the alternative to Minoxidil we strongly recommend is Tricomin. Sure there are tons of other unproven topical treatments like GSE etc... but why not go with the one that showed results in partial FDA trials first? Seems most logical to us.

Tricomin Therapy Spray. It's $48 a bottle however.. but it's absolutely more efficacious as an alternative to minoxidil than anything else out there. If you need help with the cost, shoot us an email and we'll see what we can do. There is no reason why money should prevent you from getting the treatments that have been shown to work in clinical trials.

HairLossTalk.com

Mathew

Reaction score
http://www.arbonnconsultantonline.com/d ... ct_id=805M

I am currently using this cream and a homemade topical solution of distilled water, B6 tablets and Zinc Sulfate tablets. During the past year i have used propecia (about 4 months, I saw a stop in shedding) and Rogaine. My hairloss has gotten better along my frontal hairline, but a bit worse along my right hairline and the vertex. I am at the point where I cant put my hair up in front, and I normally do not use the gelled 'wet' look because my scalp is atrting to show. When my hair is dry, however, all is good. I will be beginning proscar split into 6 tablets soon. My hope is that the progesterone cream (see link above) will balance out any excess estrogen. Will keep you updated.

-Matt

dontwanttoloseit

Reaction score
side effects of proscar

HI guys,

a little history about me. i have decent amount of hair on my scalp but it is thinning. started applying rogain in february twice a day. Saw good results in 4 months. thought that i could reduce the application to once a day. Since june i reduced application to once a month. my scalp has become very itchy lately and it seems that i am losing more hair.

Started using nizoral since last week. Planning to go on proscar. But before i do, i would like to know if i will lose a lot of hair during the first few months or will it be little and i will not be able to tell. Please let me know. Apperciate any help and suggestions.

Hair? What's That!

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com! Propecia plus ?

HairLossTalk.com I agree with you about adding the sod as a growth stimulant but so many people on here seem to prefer Folligen over Tricomin. I have heard Tricomin is watered down from their trial version. They claim that Folligen is second generation Tricomin and since you truly aren't after peoples money what do you think? Can you go wrong with either one?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
To me its just an issue of clinical evidence.

Tricomin underwent clinical trials and performed, using its combination of ingredients. Folligen hasn't.

Tricomin is a very specific set of copper peptides, Folligen is more of a smorgasbord approach with the assumption that more may be better. We have to say "may" because there are no trials done on it. Since there are no trials, I can't promote it as strongly. I promote Rogaine over Tricomin and its 1/3 the cost, so you're correct, money isn't motivating my opinion.

HairLossTalk.com

dontwanttoloseit

Reaction score
PLEEASEEEEE SUGGEESST

HI guys, :mrgreen:

a little history about me. i have decent amount of hair on my scalp but it is thinning fast. started applying rogain in february twice a day. Saw good results in 4 months. thought that i could reduce the application to once a day. Since june i reduced application to once a month. my scalp has become very itchy lately and it seems that i am losing more hair. Started using nizoral since last week. Planning to go on proscar. But before i do, i would like to know if i will lose a lot of hair during the first few months or will it be little and i will not be able to tell the difference. Please let me know. Apperciate any help and suggestions. :lol:

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
sideeffects???

Some people say that Propecia can lower your sexdrive,
Well whitout hair on your scalp you propably wont get laid anyway!!!

halcyon

Reaction score
Rill, you're only correct if you let it get to you. Me personally, I'm a finicky b**ch who thinks about his looks a little too much. I have some friends that are in far worse shape and much worse looking than me. Some of them get far more play that I do. Its all in the game buddy. If you can tell yourself "aint no shame in the game" then you're golden.
Hairloss and getting laid have nothing to do with each other. Only confidence is related to getting laid. How you gain/lose your confidence is up to you.
For those worried about their hair, make up for it with a hard body. I have a f*kt up shoulder so I can't workout. Hell, even when I did workout, I had really bad genetics for developing muscle volume (I was strong as hell though), so I didn't look as good as most people at my fitness level. On top of that, I'm short too. Remember your gifts in life.

Design

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Absolutely. First, Nizoral at the grocery store should always be used with any Propecia regimen. Once every three days in rotation with your current shampoo. It has been shown to have growth stimulating (or at least resulting in growth) properties because of it's effect on the scalp.

If you want to go a step further, you can replace your current shampoo with a shampoo that may further help. You said you've used Revivogen before. You may consider just using the Revivogen shampoo as your "other" shampoo. It can only help.

Lastly, to answer your question more directly - the alternative to Minoxidil we strongly recommend is Tricomin. Sure there are tons of other unproven topical treatments like GSE etc... but why not go with the one that showed results in partial FDA trials first? Seems most logical to us.

Tricomin Therapy Spray. It's $48 a bottle however.. but it's absolutely more efficacious as an alternative to minoxidil than anything else out there. If you need help with the cost, shoot us an email and we'll see what we can do. There is no reason why money should prevent you from getting the treatments that have been shown to work in clinical trials.

HairLossTalk.com

Thankyou very much for your informative reply.

I will certainly evaluate your suggestions for treatments. The Nizoral shampoo you suggested sounds ideal seeing as my Revivogen shampoo is nearly all gone. As for Tricomin, i cant say that i know much about it. So i need to research its availability here in the UK and find out more about it in general.

You say it is $48 per bottle, do you know how long 1 bottle lasts for? and how many times a day you have to apply it?

Regards,

Design