Propecia

straycat

Reaction score
propecia vs booze 2

(addition to the previous post) >> one more thing, the previous question about before and after midnight is a bit dumb. more especifically i mean, taking it for example at 10 pm one day and at 1 am the next day. would 26 or 27 hours of difference make it like i skipped a day?

3. switching to proscar (cheaper) and therefore taking perhaps a larger or smaller dosage resulted by pill cutting will affect the progress of my treatment or can it only affect side fx? propecia the whole first year or proscar switching if needed?

thanks again.

-pipo-

Reaction score
Stray cat,
If after 10 days have passed you've taken ten pills, youre good...dont worry about it!!! (as long as you dont take all ten in one day, all in moderation!)
pipo

straycat

Reaction score
#1 and #3?

thanks pipo, got that one cleared up. if i took all ten in one day i'd grow hair like king kong and my balls would ache for a month :wink:
now for question 1 and 3, anyone?
thanks in advance, guys.
keep the fight.

moptop

Reaction score
I think I can answer question one in that I have had good regrowth and have not given up drinking. So my experience says, don't worry about that.

I have only used divided Proscar/Finast so I cannot comment on changing from Propecia.

straycat

Reaction score
booze's on!

glad to hear it, moptop. quit drinking would be unbearable. :wink:
about changing drugs is more about changing the quantity taken 'cause they all have the same composition.
do you take between 0.5mg and 1mg or between 1mg and 1.5mg bits?
i guess the only difference is side fx but i'm not quiet sure.

Max

Reaction score
Pipo-
Thanks alot, I really really appreciate it. I do have another question - My hair is longer, about six inches on average, so should I get the lotion or spray? It says the lotion is for denser hair, but I'm thinking I could also penetrate the surface hair and spray the mist form.....either way I dont want to blow 20 bucks. Let me know, and thanks again.

/Max

-pipo-

Reaction score
Max,
I personally have never tried the lotion form, but Ive heard that the spray is better. Ive had good results with the spray. Ive got longer hair as well, so I just part it a little, and the pump is pretty strong so it gets down to the scalp...I wet my hair first, and after I spray I rub it around the scalp a bit with my fingers....I would try that.....let me know how it goes.
pipo

jj_annon

Reaction score
Propecia and Diabetes

Is there any know adverse reaction between Propecia and diabetes or diabetic medications? :?:

moptop

Reaction score
Straycat: Sorry for the delay, I've been away for a week.

I take between 0.5 and 1.0mg. I divide Finast into 6, giving about 0.83mg per dose.

straycat

Reaction score
no sweat!

thanks, mop!
got the guidelines to keep up treatment and fingers crossed.
late, man. 8)

bonehead

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Only discovered this site last week so this is my first post.

Just a Quick Question really, have any of you guys tried the product FNS ?I've been reading some of the previous posts but I havent seen it mentioned before. I've been using it for 2 months, but so far it is'nt living up to it's expections

I'm also using Propecia (for about 18 months) which seems to have reduced my receeding on my crown & I've also seen signs of re-growth.I've also started re-using regain.

Comments on the FNS & and any other useful tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Johnny

Reaction score
Itching

I gaind a lot of hair over the last 6 months using revivogen, propecia and rogains...a lot.

About 4 weeks ago I began to get some severe itching...really severe ..and when i scratch my head, i began loosing chunks of hair.
presently all that i had regained is gone...Help!!!

I need consolation that its gonna ome back

I have stopped revivogen.

thank you all

-pipo-

Reaction score
Sorry to change the subject over here but.....I read over on hair loss site on the dutasteride thread about Propecia having an adverse side effect with regard to mood, anxiety, stress etc...Has anyone ever heard anything about this? Im sorry i dont have the link but its over there, posted recently....If anyone can add anything it would be appreciated.
pipo

ps....im stressed out just thinkin about this...is it the Propecia????? Damn

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
Pipo - i read that too...i've always been quite "fiery" what with being a Leo and all, but Propecia over the space of a year seems to have exaggerated this...then again, maybe i'd never have noticed this effect had i never read that theory about how Finasteride COULD have such an effect :?:

shuggyboy

Reaction score
Guys

I too have felt more snappy since using propecia i already have a quick temper and i mean quick! 8O like the latin temprament but it seems worse now! maybe its just my imagination i used to be more laid back though.
Damn it who knows! :roll:

cheers
shuggy

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey dudes, I've got a bit of a predicament. I started on finast about 28 months ago. For the first 3 weeks I stopped shedding almost completely. From then on I've had more daily shedding than I've ever previously experienced. My hairline has thinned and receded worse than any other 2 year period since I first noticed diffuse thinning at around 17.(I'm now 29) I have a scar on my forehead which was once partially covered by hair, so I know exactly how much I've lost.

Despite the frontal loss, I've maintained and regrown hair on all other areas of my head. I can tell because before finast I was noticing scalp along the part when hair was wet, I've seen no scalp in the same area since about 6 months into finasteride. Also I have longish, straight hair and can see the shorter hairs sticking out. They seem to have shorter cycles, shed many of them at around 4-5"length. I know because they have tapered, sometimes squiggled or fish-hooked type tips if they haven't been cut.

I don't know if it's riskier for me to stay on finast or to quit. Some days I wanna stop, others I feel I must continue. I haven't been a very consistant user. Sometimes I go a day or two without it, but during the first year I rarely missed a day and had noticable frontal loss.

I recently started folligen, and have used 1ml 5% min+retin-a daily for years. I need to find something that works for the hairline, maybe spironolactone, I can't afford anymore frontal shedding. I don't want to risk a transplant.

I understand Dr.Lee doesn't give out new prescripts to US citizens. Is there anyone else besides lipoxidil that sells a spironolactone solution to US residents?(I've read more bad than good opinions of them). I don't really want to make my own.

I know it's the most difficult and troubling area. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who's had results at the hairline with products other than finasteride and minoxidil.
Thanks for any advice, sorry so long, NT

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
"I understand Dr.Lee doesn't give out new prescripts to US citizens. Is there anyone else besides lipoxidil that sells a spironolactone solution to US residents?(I've read more bad than good opinions of them). I don't really want to make my own."

My hair looked pretty good last week. Total sh*t this week. So, after finding more positive opinions of lipoxidil thru a google search, I went ahead and ordered their spironolactone and 1.5 minoxidil. I know better than to be hopeful at this point, but I gotta try something!

-pipo-

Reaction score
Troy mate!!!

Yeah im a leo too, maybe its just that. This sucks if true, bc this is the ONE product I really dont mind using, and is the least inconvenient. I planned on weaning off alot of other stuff in the long run, but not Proscar....Bollocks!!!! ;)
pipo