Prolactin "minitherapy" with SMI-1 (novel protocol for lowering prolactin locally)

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, if all this turns out a bust (which I can't imagine it will), at least we've learned something new about the mechanics of hairloss and hopefully the scientists can use the new info to design further studies and advance the science.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what was the outcome of the minoxidil Test For hairloss in Monkeys in comparison to the BAY ?
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3558911/ From 1987

"The effect of topical minoxidil (5% and 2% solutions) on hair regrowth was studied in the frontal bald scalp of 18 adolescent and adult stump-tailed macaques (Macaca arctoides). Gross observation of the hairiness and folliculogram analysis of the skin biopsy specimens have shown that minoxidil induces the enlargement of vellus follicles to the size of middle to terminal follicles (regrowth of hair effect), minoxidil maintains the terminal follicles in the prebald scalp of periadolescent animals (prevention of baldness effect), enlarged follicles regress after minoxidil is withdrawn, and hair follicular growth is once again stimulated when treatment with minoxidil is reinstituted. Hair regrowth was more prominent in the early stage of baldness among younger macaques than in baldness of longer duration in older animals."

BAY apparently is even better because it also worked on older macaques and for a longer period

Last edited:

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've totally bought into the hype... waiting for this to be delivered is going to be brutal.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
if this works, when will we know it does?

fearofthereaper

My Regimen
Reaction score
My only reservation is that for stump tailed macaques RU at 5% regrew a ton of hair ... I won’t remind everyone it’s efficacy in those on the forum (myself included)

on a side note has anyone pieced together any decent theory as to how this ties into the whole equation and why the PRLR is deemed to be a significant component of a condition deemed entirely androgenic ?
I think what's more incredible were the fact that the results were persistent after discontinuation. And didn't show any sign of slowing down. And, as pegasus mentioned, they were just superior overall

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will take a couple months to get the compound, but we don't know yet if we can get BAY or if we have to settle for SMI-1.
Actually looks like settling for SMI-6, only one the lab is willing / able to synthesise

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This being SMI or BAY? I would be shocked if BAY doesn't work. I think SMI will probably work, but it wouldn't really surprise me if it didn't.
BAY

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's nice knowing my life does not depend on Samumed anymore lol
I had some faith in these guys, until they removed half of their pipeline whereas they claimed they cured all the diseases that they were supposed to treat.
Wtf.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My only reservation is that for stump tailed macaques RU at 5% regrew a ton of hair ... I won’t remind everyone it’s efficacy in those on the forum (myself included)

on a side note has anyone pieced together any decent theory as to how this ties into the whole equation and why the PRLR is deemed to be a significant component of a condition deemed entirely androgenic ?

Perhaps it was prematurely deemed entirely androgenic?