Progress

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
It's great to see some success in frontal growth for a change.
You have gone at it with all guns blazing, so it's hard to say which is giving you the best results? Or maybe it's the entire combo to thank? Either way, congrats and hope you keep it up.

Are you still needling?

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Still using topical spironolactone? Is it the S5 cream you are using?

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , thanks the comments - thought I'd chuck some proper pics up with a face lmao ! I still use topical spironolactone - when first started out I kept my hair shaved on a zero for a few months , it really helped with rubbing the product in. I only use topical spironolactone on the front temples now once a day . I use Kirkland 5% minoxidil I've tried rogain etc but The cheap Kirkland stuff works the best for me , there's no way 1ml as per directions works so I probably use 4ml per application twice a day . I don't really bother with nizoral anymore haven't used it for ages. I only wash my hair every 2 weeks . Still on 1ml propecia everyday . I I use to derma roll but haven't done that for ages . I'd highly recommend topical spironolactone for frontal loss I use the day cream as it has caffeine in it too . Um some asked about my hair looking weird - it's just from the minoxidil drying - it leaves it greasy kinda like after putting styling gel on so I actually quite like the look it leaves lol ! I think the derma rolling helped a lot . I tried various sizes I started out with a 1mm it's a little to harsh but a 0.5 wasn't getting any blood flow at all - after a few months the 0.5 did get the blood flow and I stuck to that .

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and yeah it's the s5 cream

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and there's a little bit of crafty combing with the temples , one side is great and pretty full but other is lazy and hasn't responded as well . That's now getting extra spironolactone lol !

- - - Updated - - -

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Hya and thanks , 1mg finasteride oral everyday , minoxidil twice a day but a real heavy dose prob 4ml per application and topical spironolactone on the temples . I also derma rolled the temple area with 1.5 then reduced down too a 0.5 after a few months . Wash my hair once a week maybe every 2 with nizoral . I haven't derma rolled for a long while now but just started back up on one of my temples which is not responding.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna change up my regime and add 1mg finasteride in morning and another at night - I'll update in a month

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Getting a bad shed at the moment .. Hair seems to have finned out quite a lot . This has been for a little over 2 weeks . I've started to derma roll again just on my right temple with a 1.5 this seems to be working - doing it every 2-3 days . Hoping this shed will pass as it's gutting . Another note I've just come off propcia as it's £55 $80 for 30 pills here in the uk . So using 5mg finasteride tabs and breaking them into 4 . I only trialed finasteride morning and evening for 2 days - made me feel crappy so just sticking with the 1.25 at this time . Brand doctor readys

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting a bad shed at the moment .. Hair seems to have finned out quite a lot . This has been for a little over 2 weeks . I've started to derma roll again just on my right temple with a 1.5 this seems to be working - doing it every 2-3 days . Hoping this shed will pass as it's gutting . Another note I've just come off propcia as it's £55 $80 for 30 pills here in the uk . So using 5mg finasteride tabs and breaking them into 4 . I only trialed finasteride morning and evening for 2 days - made me feel crappy so just sticking with the 1.25 at this time . Brand doctor readys

I've heard of people shedding from changing brands of finasteride/slight dose changes so hopefully it is just your body getting adjusted. Amazing results, frontal regrowth like that is really rare it seems.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding is normal, don't be discouraged.
stick with your treatments.

abutton

Reaction score
I'm UK and on finasteride. possibly switching to duta.

Where do you buy your spironolactone? I'd not heard of it before but your results have got me considering it, if it's financially viable.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
I get the spironolactone off here , s5 day cream it's about £35 and lasts 4 months if just using on your temples . I dab a bit of minoxidil on to help it absorb .

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok the shedding has stopped now - I've upped my dose of finasteride too 2.5mg a day once in the mornings, been doing this for a week no sides at all. I've upped the dose as my thinking generic finasteride isn't as good as propecia . This week I've started 0.5mg of dutasteride once per week. I'm out of topical spironolactone - I don't think I'll order anymore as money is tight at the mo. I spoke to the belgravia centre here in the uk to enquire about the 12% minoxidil they do to treat my lazy left temple . It's £68 for a month ! About $110 wtf ! I've decided to order some minoxidil powder and mix 6 grams into a bottle of Kirkland this will then bring the minoxidil up too 15% . I'll post an update pic in a few weeks .

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Bit of a mop coming now - shedding has stopped with the addition dutasteride I have 0 hairs falling out when washing definite a good addition and easy at just one day a week

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
That's amazing success. You are smart to up the dose of minoxidil to force out the last regrowth in combination with dutasteride once a week.
do you have a prescription for dutasteride?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really great results man, amazing transformation, well done

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
2.5 mg of finasteride hasn't affected me at all no sides - although I've recently discovered that finasteride only has a half life of approximately 8 hours so gonna try splitting it again 1.25 in morning and same at night. And thanks for the comments :)

- - - Updated - - -

No prescriptions I just order online it's so cheap at united pharmacies-uk

- - - Updated - - -

I go through minoxidil like a champ one bottle lasts me a week - ironically it's the most expensive part of my regime ! :/

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about increasing the finasteride dosage to 2+mg? I thought that even a dose of 0.5mg was almost as effective as a 1mg dose.