Progress

Reaction score
what % minoxidil were you using again? and how do you get that topical spironolactone? Does your doctor give you that?

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
I was using 5% Kirkland topical liquid but as stated using 4ml per application. The spironolactone I got from here . S5 day cream topical spironolactone there's an option at the top of the forum to buy it . Cheers steve'o

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
So been using my head little eBay scalp massager just on my lazy temple , I have to say I can feel the extra blood flow on my scalp and little tiny hairs are popping up already . It was only 3 bucks off eBay ! I use it a few times a day just for a few minutes this is exciting as my right temple hasn't responded until now :)

Reaction score
Glad you are still seeing success man is it easy to use the machine and the s5 cream with long hair or does it get in the way? How much of the s5 do you use?

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah the massager is easy to use . I can't use the s5 cream anymore as my hair is to long and thick :/ !

sniper272

Reaction score
congrats thats amazing regrowth buddy, how long was you using minoxidil, finasteride, spironolactone ect before you seen noticable regrowth?

Bukowski

Established Member
Reaction score
Great regrowth. I don't think the spironolactone has much to do with your succes. I think it's just that some guys, like you, just respond really well to minoxidil. Unfortunately the majority of us don't.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Update - so I've trialled 1mg finasteride in morning and 1mg at night due to the 8 hour half life of the drug - really highly recommend this - hair is thicker and super healthy - get on it - amazing difference !

Aceofspades

Reaction score
Just seen this info on another site and have to agree with it. I think taking it twice a day might work for some obviously yourself, but could this trigger side effects in people following the normal dosage or starting for the first time. Heres the info.

"You guys are forgetting that there's another VERY important thing to factor into the equation besides the half-life of the drug, and that's how fast the 5a-reductase enzyme itself is produced inside our cells. Think of it this way: if new, "fresh" enzyme were being synthesized at a rapid rate, then DHT production would be right back to normal as soon as the finasteride itself was gone, and that drug is pretty much gone after a day or two. However, we know experimentally that DHT levels stay supressed for up to a couple of weeks after the last dose of finasteride; the reason for that is that THE ENZYME ITSELF is only manufactured at a very slow rate. In other words, you have to take into consideration not only the half-life of the drug, but also the half-life of the enzyme (its production half-life, more precisely), to understand how long the biological effects of finasteride last."

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Just seen this info on another site and have to agree with it. I think taking it twice a day might work for some obviously yourself, but could this trigger side effects in people following the normal dosage or starting for the first time. Heres the info.

"You guys are forgetting that there's another VERY important thing to factor into the equation besides the half-life of the drug, and that's how fast the 5a-reductase enzyme itself is produced inside our cells. Think of it this way: if new, "fresh" enzyme were being synthesized at a rapid rate, then DHT production would be right back to normal as soon as the finasteride itself was gone, and that drug is pretty much gone after a day or two. However, we know experimentally that DHT levels stay supressed for up to a couple of weeks after the last dose of finasteride; the reason for that is that THE ENZYME ITSELF is only manufactured at a very slow rate. In other words, you have to take into consideration not only the half-life of the drug, but also the half-life of the enzyme (its production half-life, more precisely), to understand how long the biological effects of finasteride last."

Inhibitors do not usually "kill" the enzyme they inhibit. They bind to the enzyme in a way that prevents (in this case) testosterone from turning into DHT. As soon as enough has dissociated, the enzyme activity will make your DHT rise again.
However, only a low dose is needed to bind ALL the receptors. So if you need, say 0.1mg in the blood and you ingest 1mg/day, it would take at least 3 half lives to reach the 0.1mg needed in the blood. thats like 8*3 hours

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
image.jpg Here's an update from my new regime of finasteride twice a day and dutasteride once a week

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Strong recovery!!!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
He saves hair. One follicle at a time.