Problems Joining The Forum - Can't Get A Log-in Confirmation?

Noah

Reaction score
A couple of guys have emailed me to say that they have tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to join the forum. They are not receiving the confirmation email which enables them to log in.

Hopefully a mod will notice this post and try to fix this. I will bump it up from time to time in the hope of catching someone's eye.

In the meantime, if anyone out there is wanting to post a question or comment on the forum but can't join because of this problem, feel free to email me the question/comment. I am happy to act as a postbox. My email address is emptyheaded1976@yahoo.co.uk

Noah

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They should check their Spam folder just in case the emails have ended up there.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, another member from here, StevenGerrard(If you remember him) couldn't sign up again, i messaged wolfpack about it but he didn't reply.

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot I already had an account on here and tried to make a new account back in May when I was starting to learn about hair systems. Waited for a few days for an email and got nothing. Thankfully I was able to just revert to this one.

Actually you can check and see that the newest member to this forum was an account made on 2nd March. Must've been broken since then. Missing out on a lot of new members.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot I already had an account on here and tried to make a new account back in May when I was starting to learn about hair systems. Waited for a few days for an email and got nothing. Thankfully I was able to just revert to this one.

Actually you can check and see that the newest member to this forum was an account made on 2nd March. Must've been broken since then. Missing out on a lot of new members.

I think the only person that can fix it is the admin and he has pretty much abandoned this place lol

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
They ARE based in Miami, Florida, USA... folks are getting COVID-19 by the tens of thousands every week...

Noah

Reaction score
All the more reason they should be staying at home fixing the forum LOL.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Wolf Pack, I nominate @Noah as moderator. :D

@Admin I agree, he is a senior poster, stable and sharp. Also I hope Admin fixes this issue for new users, he's already been messaged about it months ago. I unfortunately can't or I would in the brief time I am on here. I am not interested in moderating the place anymore (said for 2 years) so hope Admin recruits new ones! We always wanted you to be part of it Doctor, but you didn't :p

I have a lot to thank Kevin for and the forum in general.

Yeah, another member from here, StevenGerrard(If you remember him) couldn't sign up again, i messaged wolfpack about it but he didn't reply.

Ah, my apologies. It must have slipped under other messages but I do remember reading it. I guess it was one of those messages I thought I had replied to but I didn't and then forgot. However, I had already raised it with Admin before anyway. My activity is barely cutting it anymore and the mod tasks are actually very minimal. This place deserves a more active Admin and new mods for sure.

The only reason I still log on (when I can) is because I don't want the site to die off and for Admin's sake. It's important to a lot of users in the future too so I do some "quick tidying." But I can't keep doing this indefinitely either.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noah would be the perfect mod! He gave me the best advice 2 years ago, back when I started out. BaldBearded would be great too!

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix my login issue? I cant get on the site at all when on wifi. When off wifi it works fine. This issue began about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Fine before that. Thank you

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noah would be the perfect mod! He gave me the best advice 2 years ago, back when I started out. BaldBearded would be great too!

^ I'm not familiar with the lad but looking at his posts, he seems like a candidate except for blanket bans :p. Out of the people I know and are possibly available I would choose INT, Matt and Noah as they are regular guys you would have a pint with. All three are smart, aware, active enough and mentally stable. There is always a turnover of mods once activity diminishes (it happens), usually the old mods help choose the new ones to an extent. The guys before me were good people too who helped me with the basics and told me about where/who to focus on at the time!

In regards to Admin. I think he's enjoying his life (as everyone should) but even monthly monitoring would be nice :D

Noah

Reaction score
^ I'm not familiar with the lad but looking at his posts, he seems like a candidate except for blanket bans :p. Out of the people I know and are possibly available I would choose INT, Matt and Noah as they are regular guys you would have a pint with. All three are smart, aware, active enough and mentally stable. There is always a turnover of mods once activity diminishes (it happens), usually the old mods help choose the new ones to an extent. The guys before me were good people too who helped me with the basics and told me about where/who to focus on at the time!

In regards to Admin. I think he's enjoying his life (as everyone should) but even monthly monitoring would be nice :D

Thanks for the votes of confidence. I would be happy to do that, if asked. It doesn't seem an unduly onerous task.

But the important thing is to get the technology fixed so that anyone who wants to join can do so. The hair system section of the board has gone from virtually dead a few years ago to the liveliest and most informative on the Web on this niche subject. That momentum is really worth preserving.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the votes of confidence. I would be happy to do that, if asked. It doesn't seem an unduly onerous task.

But the important thing is to get the technology fixed so that anyone who wants to join can do so. The hair system section of the board has gone from virtually dead a few years ago to the liveliest and most informative on the Web on this niche subject. That momentum is really worth preserving.

Noah

This appears to be the only independent English-language forum for these issues (ours and the other hair-loss related forums here) that I have come across.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Noah
That's because you and @BaldBearded have been the most instrumental by being very active posters who give great advice about hair systems. I have learned so much from you. I am not at the point I would need a hair system but at least I know it's still an option. You would be the first one I would consult with if I were to go that avenue. I am glad you would accept the job as moderator if asked. You will do a great job. Honestly this section would be dead if you were not here. @Admin, don't be like Pelosi and her minions and get back to work on here.:D

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

Noah

I'll give you my vote when/if the time comes and it does go a long way. As long as you can spare a couple of hours a week (spread out) it's fine. I just have moved on but Kevin wanted me to carry on a couple of years ago and I agreed temporarily as a favour. I think you'll be excellent.

It's not just the hair system section but this site has a wealth of info on all aspects related to hair loss going back to the late 90s I think. As such, it would be a great shame for it to die, for future and current users sake.

I'm not surprised hair systems are taking off. People need a good head of hair, especially in their youth these days and not everyone is a transplant candidate, not everyone can take finasteride or respond to it, not everyone can get the ideal hairline location/forehead dimensions etc. The surgery only option may leave some people looking bald still without a nice head of hair and worse even further donor balding. You can always find one surgeon to take you on even if you're not a candidate (money) but it will be poor returns. Social media puts further pressure on people. So even though only 1-3% of those with Androgenetic Alopecia are destined for Norwood 6-7, systems still apply to more men and as such the section is crucial in raising awareness and offering guidance to them.

On another note I've noticed many hair docs are actually making more money from beard transplants and eyebrow transplants for women than even for scalp hair at times.

@Wolf Pack Don't you have any ways to communicate with the admin? His mail or number?

At this point he should sell the site or something, it's clear he doesn't care anymore.

If I did I would have contacted him mate. The other mods don't have it either. Well part of me was worried at one point something sinister had happened to him rather than think he doesn't care because I know him a little more. I mean if you remember the site was down but then back up, however that could something automated linked to his accounts. It's not normal for me not to hear from him this long and he's a really cool guy so I find it hard to imagine he just randomly gave up on his forum. Lets hope he's just busy and enjoying himself, if that is the case I agree the place probably needs more monitoring. He used to advice people a lot on how he kept all of his hair. I will relay all this to him if/when he comes back into contact :)

Admin I think is in his 50s and you never know how health problems can flare up, especially post middle age. There used to be a guy on here called Bryan who passed away. His old posts were a wealth of knowledge and he was self taught, without having a STEM background. I'm a young guy and I'm used to seeing death and illness through work, but it does offer some perspective on how to live a good life!