Problems Joining The Forum - Can't Get A Log-in Confirmation?

Noah

Reaction score
I'm not surprised hair systems are taking off. People need a good head of hair, especially in their youth these days and not everyone is a transplant candidate, not everyone can take finasteride or respond to it, not everyone can get the ideal hairline location/forehead dimensions etc. The surgery only option may leave some people looking bald still without a nice head of hair and worse even further donor balding. You can always find one surgeon to take you on even if you're not a candidate (money) but it will be poor returns. Social media puts further pressure on people. So even though only 1-3% of those with Androgenetic Alopecia are destined for Norwood 6-7, systems still apply to more men and as such the section is crucial in raising awareness and offering guidance to them.

Very true, Wolf Pack. You often see comments on hair system forums and videos along the lines of "why don't you just get a transplant?". People are led to believe they have a menu of options to cure hairloss, but usually that is not true. If you are in the Jude Law category, with a bit of graceful recession at the temples, transplants work great, but if that is the full extent of the problem why would you bother? For guys with NW3+ hairloss transplants are far less effective. You may not look slick bald, but you don't get what the world thinks of as a nice head of hair. For that, the only viable option for most guys is a system. That is why it is important that we destigmatise this option.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very true, Wolf Pack. You often see comments on hair system forums and videos along the lines of "why don't you just get a transplant?". People are led to believe they have a menu of options to cure hairloss, but usually that is not true. If you are in the Jude Law category, with a bit of graceful recession at the temples, transplants work great, but if that is the full extent of the problem why would you bother? For guys with NW3+ hairloss transplants are far less effective. You may not look slick bald, but you don't get what the world thinks of as a nice head of hair. For that, the only viable option for most guys is a system. That is why it is important that we destigmatise this option.

Pictures are deceiving with transplants and don't always represent outdoor conditions, even when adjusted for quality pics though it helps. Sure surgery makes a huge difference and millions of men are resorting to them, but the best results are in low NWs or those with thick donor. I mean even Norwood 3 with medium/calibre fine hair will not get the front looking close to perfect for 2000 grafts. It will simply be passable. 2000 grafts with thick hair is like receiving 4k though. Roberto got a pretty good result from surgery due to his calibre and is quite happy. I always say if someone is content and happy with how their hair is on any form of treatment, it's all that matters. We should respect each other's choices and gently advice on what is the best approach.

I know you received a lot of aggressive comments previously about hair systems (from a lunatic member who couldn't cope with his baldness and life mash ups which you knew) and I always found it highly unfair that you were singled out. We're all free to make our own choices in life and the reality is "a nice head of hair" as you say for many people may only be possible with a system and if they strive for perfectionism, that's the choice for now. It's up to them to make the maintenance work for their happiness. We're all doing some maintenance in some shape or form, hair related or not. A young bald guy may only have a system as a choice for a full head of hair and may not be content with the "buzzed transplant look" for his 20s. Maybe he wants to style his full head like any young lad or the shaved look is not suited to him. I totally get that which is why the system would have been a choice for me if everything went tits up in my prime years.

I also don't think it has a huge impact on dating. Because if I think of my gf or exes, I know 100% all would have accepted me with a system and found it cute/funny/understanding in an endearing way. Girls will make a lot of sacrifices in a relationship with someone they care for and a system is nothing to them. Anyone who disagrees probably never had a genuine relationship and/or has mental health problems. The stigma about hair systems is quite low now. When I see them on youtube, there are tons of promotions by normal guys and they make their money, otherwise the industry wouldn't exist.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pictures are deceiving with transplants and don't always represent outdoor conditions, even when adjusted for quality pics though it helps. Sure surgery makes a huge difference and millions of men are resorting to them, but the best results are in low NWs or those with thick donor. I mean even Norwood 3 with medium/calibre fine hair will not get the front looking close to perfect for 2000 grafts. It will simply be passable. 2000 grafts with thick hair is like receiving 4k though. Roberto got a pretty good result from surgery due to his calibre and is quite happy. I always say if someone is content and happy with how their hair is on any form of treatment, it's all that matters. We should respect each other's choices and gently advice on what is the best approach.

I know you received a lot of aggressive comments previously about hair systems (from a lunatic member who couldn't cope with his baldness and life mash ups which you knew) and I always found it highly unfair that you were singled out. We're all free to make our own choices in life and the reality is "a nice head of hair" as you say for many people may only be possible with a system and if they strive for perfectionism, that's the choice for now. It's up to them to make the maintenance work for their happiness. We're all doing some maintenance in some shape or form, hair related or not. A young bald guy may only have a system as a choice for a full head of hair and may not be content with the "buzzed transplant look" for his 20s. Maybe he wants to style his full head like any young lad or the shaved look is not suited to him. I totally get that which is why the system would have been a choice for me if everything went tits up in my prime years.

I also don't think it has a huge impact on dating. Because if I think of my gf or exes, I know 100% all would have accepted me with a system and found it cute/funny/understanding in an endearing way. Girls will make a lot of sacrifices in a relationship with someone they care for and a system is nothing to them. Anyone who disagrees probably never had a genuine relationship and/or has mental health problems. The stigma about hair systems is quite low now. When I see them on youtube, there are tons of promotions by normal guys and they make their money, otherwise the industry wouldn't exist.
ha so true. I have no idea how women put up with me